Behenein - Articles Archive - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Smirti returns with new name in Behenein

STAR Plus' primetime show Behenein' had a track where they showed Smriti (Shiju Kataria) getting killed when her bus has an accident on her way to  Kolkata. However, in a twist to the story, the story says that Smriti survived the accident and is all set to come back to the show.

An Indya source says, "She will be back very soon with a new look and new name. Her entry will happen by the end of this week."

When we spoke to Smriti, she said, "I am returning to the show. Today is my first day of shooting and my character will return in two days. However, my name isn't Smriti. I am playing a different character named Saloni. I will enter Mihir's house later on. Until then, I will be known as Saloni. I will have a new name and a new look. The storyline is interesting as well."

Later on we spoke to Mihir aka Sudeep Sahir, who said that while he knew Smriti was making a comeback, he didn't know when

In the current track, Kamini tells Mihir to marry Purva and move on. She tells him that he would not be doing any injustice to Smriti's memory. Aakashi is keeping a fast after her mother-in-law tells her, not realising that the fast is for her husband, Shamaldas. Purva writes a poem for Mihir, who says 'I love you' to Purva, while reading it.

So will Mihir and Purva get married? And how will their worlds change once they know that Smriti is back? To know more, watch Behenein every Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/605/smirti-returns-with-new-name-in-behenein.aspx
Most eligible bachelors
Buzz up!
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

With a reach from Hawaii to Hong Kong and from Tokyo to Timbuktu, small-screen actors have become household names across the globe. With their gaining popularity, they have built a huge fan base. We take this opportunity and see who among them are the top seven eligible bachelors....
Showing 4 of 7 images Previous    Next

Dev aka Ajay Singh Choudhary
He made his debut as Dev in Anurag Basu's Love Story. Although the role was a negative one, he was loved by all and got a lot of acclaim for his character. He has a large female following after his role in Palampur Express on Sony.

Actors get social using Facebook
Buzz up!

Several actors are active on Twitter and Facebook. While Bollywood superstars opt for the microblogging site, the small screen television stars use Facebook. We take a look at some of them.
Showing 4 of 6 images Previous    Next

Smriti aka Shiju Kataria of Behenein
I love to be connected with my fans. Facebook is excellent for that. It has really helped me know my work through the comments I get. My latest update is about my comeback in Behenein. I love to chat with my fans.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Actors-get-social-using-Facebook&aid=1981
Karan Mehra to enter Behenein?
User Rating: / 1
PoorBest 
Thursday, 05 August 2010 10:40
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

3Share

Karan Mehra

Don't get surprised! There is more than one Karan in the television entertainment industry. The most confusing thing is that there are also Karans with same surname. One is Karan Mehra who has been recently seen as Naitik in Star Plus' 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' a popular family show and the other one is Karan Mehra aka Ganeshiya Zee TV's 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Kijo'. So the question which Karan will be entering Star Plus' 'Behenein' is surely troubling you.

If the buzz around is to be believed, then Karan Mehra, a popular face in 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Kijo', is selected to essay a role in 'Behenein' opposite to Smriti (Shiju Kataria). As TellyCafe had reported earlier that Smriti will be back but in a new character. Thus it is said that in today's episode, Shiju will enter the show but with a different look and in a different persona. Karan Mehra will essay the role of Smriti's friend, Karan, who will turn to be her love interest later on. How Smriti and Karan met each other will be revealed later.

To confirm the news, we tried to call Karan Mehra but he refused to comment on it and said, "Even I have heard about it but am not sure," and added, "I will let you know as soon as I sign the contract."

We also called Shiju and she said, "I don't know anything about who will be cast opposite to me. Yes, I know that there would be some person paired with me but right now I am shooting with the duplicate of that character. So really don't know anything about the new entrant."

Well, we will wait and watch which Karan enters as Karan!

--Tejashree Bhopatkar/TellyCafe.com
http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/924-karan-mehra-to-enter-behenein.html
http://starplus.startv.in/celebrate_raksha_bandhan.aspx?pid=118&imgid_ip=6#img_lk

Will Smriti get married to Karan?

STAR Plus' Behenein has a new twist in the tale, with the marriage preparation of Aastha (Smriti) and Karan at the Sanghavi house. Smriti has donned the role of Aastha, as she doesn't want to ruin the marriage of her sister Purva with Mihir.

More on Behenein : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

We spoke to Smriti who sais "As we all know, Purva and Mihir think Smriti is dead and Aastha is a girl who looks like Smriti. I am in a dilemma of whether I should marry Karan because I love my family –Mihir and Prem. For me, it would be very difficult to step forward for this marriage. I said yes for the marriage to ensure that Purva who sacrificed her life and love for the better future of Prem and Mihir, does not feel that her sacrifices have been for nothing. I don't want to spoil anyone's life," said Smriti.

Further she said that, "Purva and others are busy preparing for my marriage but I can't forget Prem. I respect Anokhi's concern about my future but at same time I can't do injustice towards Purva. Marriage preparations are happening full swing. Marriage rituals are just about to begin and I have no clue what will happen next."

We spoke to Anokhi who told, "I gave this idea to Mihir jiju and Purva, because I wanted to see Smriti didi's reaction  and I don't think that I have done anything bad because I want both my sisters to settle down happily in their life and so according to the plan everyone is really very excited about this marriage. I am just hoping the best for my elder sisters."

Then we spoke to Aakashi who said, "I am happy that marriage preparations are going on nicely at Purva didi's place. Aastha and Karan look very good as a couple..."

So far Karan tells everyone about their love-story. Purva and Mihir get impressed with their love story and later on Aastha and Karan are about to leave for Baroda, but Purva and Mihir stop them and insist that they get married in their house and not in Mumbai. Aastha (Smriti) and Karan are shocked to hear this.

Will this marriage happen? Will Smriti be able to hide everything from Mihir and Purva? To know more, dont forget to watch Behenein every Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

Monday, August 23, 2010

http://starplus.startv.in/news/668/will-smriti-get-married-to-karan.aspx
'Behenein' Concentrating Back On Behenein!
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Friday, 03 September 2010 16:41 Read : 46 times
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Behenein

Most of the show changes its story on public demand and response. The same thing has happened with Star Plus' 'Behenein', when the track apart from the four Behenein didn't work, the track of all the four sisters was brought back, the show geared up with its ratings. Now the production house has decided to continue the show with the track of all the four sisters.

A source says, "After the death of Smriti (Shiju Kataria), the show had dipped with its rating number but it was noticed that soon after the comeback of Smriti along with the track which is focusing on all the four sisters, the ratings have suddenly gone up with good numbers. Therefore now, the show will open the tracks of all the 4 sisters simultaneously and will unfold the mystery of why Smriti become Astha after her accident. Instead of continuing the same track, the production house has decided to start the tracks of all 4 sisters. And the show will not move on to some other track which will not have the presence of all the four sisters."

We contacted Smriti and she says, "Yes, even I have come to know that due to the ratings, now the show will concentrate on all the four sisters rather than focusing on only one or two sister. Or it can be said that the show is returning back to its origin."

Hope the changes, leading to the numbers for the show, go skyrocketing!

-- Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/news-gossips/1231-behenein-concentrating-back-on-behenein.html
Karan shows his true colors in Behenein!!

Karan at last shows his deadly negative shade and harasses Smriti to keep mum in Star Plus' ...