Page 3 Page 9

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:35am | IP Logged
In conversation with Aalesha

Hill Road Media

She plays the role of elder sister Purva in Behenein, who is sacrificing and always thinks first about her three sisters. The character of Purva Sanghvi is played by debutant Aalesha who has done south films and ads. We spoke to Aalesha about the success of her character and the show'

Aalesha

Did you expect that this show will be a huge hit?
"Earlier when I signed the show I was pretty nervous about my character but when I received good response, I was happy that my hard work is being appreciated by the audience."

Aalesha
How is your rapport with Sudeep?
"Oh! It's wonderful, he is the senior most actor among the young actors and it's nice to work with him. He sometimes comes to me to rehearse the dialogues, he is a good co-actor and good human being as well."

Aalesha
Ok, then what about your three sisters?
"Audiences are loving our chemistry and off-screen also we have become very close to each other like we are real sisters. Sometimes when I go out for shopping, ladies come and ask where is Akashi and Anokhi...It's good the audiences relate us like family."

Aalesha
How is your experience working with actors like Ketaki Dave and Dolly Minhas?
"Both are quite senior to us, we are learning every day from them and they treat us as our daughters on the sets, both are very serious onscreen but off-screen they are very sweet and jovial."

Aalesha
Ok, now a new member has been added in the Behenein star cast-Prem (baby)?
"Oh, the baby is very cute and now he has become a little wonder on the sets of the show. He is very talented as well."

Aalesha
Now what will Purva do next when Smriti will be fine?
"I don't know about the track, whatever she has done is for the future of Prem and Smriti and she won't do any wrong to Smriti."

Aalesha
What message you would like to give to your indya.com fans?
"Keep loving and watch our show, because we are working very hard to give our fans the best and thanks for liking Purva and her sisters."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Behenein - Articles Archive (Page 2)" in Behenein forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Smriti of Behenein absent from Star's Holi. Why...

Smriti of Behenein absent from Star's Holi. Why...

Star Plus celebrated Holi on the 25th of February in a grand way along with the 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' family and the entire 'Star Parivaar' members like Bebo and Amrit of Sabki Laadli Bebo, Purva and her sisters (Behenein) and many more. But one of the sisters of 'Behenein' was missing i.e. Shiju Kataria, among the four sisters of Behenein.

Thus we called Shiju Kataria aka Smriti of Behenein. She informs, "I was not aware about the event and the celebration as I hadn't received any invitation from the production house. I was not invited for this event. This question is pestering my mind as I was not at all informed about it. Maybe, it was an unintentional mistake. However, how could I, being a vital character of the show, have remained clueless about this celebration?"

"I received a call from one of my on-screen sisters before the event started. She enquired about my whereabouts. Even a member of the creative team called me up. He felt that I must have been present at the celebrations where all the on-screen sisters of Behenein were there. My character in Behenein is equally important. What is troubling me is how could I remain uninformed about the event?'', signs off Shiju disappointedly.

All we can say is, 'Shiju, we really missed you in the bash!'

-Tejashree Bhopatkar/
Tellycafe.com

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Will the bitterness between Naitik and Akshara end this Holi?

Star Plus' show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai leads Akshara and Naitik are still not on talking terms. Akshara is back to her in-laws house but Naitik is still angry with her hence the bitterness between both will end this Holi.

An Indya source tells us, "Naitik hasn't yet forgotten what Akshara has done but at the same time he has a soft corner for her as he loves her very much and now in Holi, the Singhania family will celebrate with great enthusiasm as it is the first holi of Naitik and Akshara after marriage."

The festival of joy is an important occasion for the families as they attempt to reunite Akshara and Naitik. There were festivities galore with loads of naach, gaana, dhol, masti as the Maheshwari family along with STAR Parivaar members like Ranvir & Sadhana from Bidaai,
Purva & her sisters from Behenein, Bebo & Amrit from Sabki Laadli Bebo, Yudi & Rani from Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat and Manjula, Mohan & Bhakti from Hamari Devrani and many more who gathered to help the couple reunite.

Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, STAR Plus said, "Holi is an occasion when people bury their differences and come together to celebrate the festival of joy. As we all know Naitik and Akshara are presently going through a rough patch in their relationship, the Maheshwari and Singhania family along with the Star Parivaar tries to get the couple back together and believes this Holi party will be the perfect occasion for the purpose."

Story so far: Akshara & Naitik have been living separately owing to a series of misunderstandings between them. Finally both the families realize that both Akshara and Naitik are equally at fault and they need to resolve their differences. Akshara is expecting Naitik to come to her house on Holi and take her back.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Naitik--Akshara-back-this-Holi&xfile=2010/February/News_20100226_145

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Women centric shows
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

With World Women's Day around the corner, we take a look at the shows which are women centric and highlight how women are caught in the wrong notions of today's society.

Behenein

Behenein
on STAR Plus
The show is being produced by Hatts Off Productions. This is the story of four sisters, Purva, Smriti, Aakashi and Anokhi who live in Nadiyaad with their parents, Sevantilal & Revti Shastri. Purva is a free-spirited girl who is grounded in the values given to her by her parents. It's the struggle of Purva aka Alisha Khan to take care of her three sisters.

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:26am | IP Logged

Shiju Kataria speaks on the Behenein's success

Star Plus' prime time show Behenein is gaining popularity episode by episode. The present track is getting dramatic as Smriti is losing her memory day by day. Shiju Kataria speaks on her show.

We spoke to Shiju Kataria aka Smriti about the show's response and more…

"I am happy with the response as we are getting a good feedback from the audiences. The people like the show because it's the story of four sisters and their bonding with each other, then it has fresh faces and unique drama. Earlier there were shows, which I think the audiences were bored of watching, which went on air for many long years. It's commendable that in the first week we got good TRP ratings."

Further she told us about the show that, "There is real bonding between the four sisters and I think when we have good friendship in reality, automatically that will flash on-screen as well. Now in the show there will be double drama which would take place in the life of Smriti, which will directly connect her to her loved ones."

About the response from the audiences she tells us, "Everyone likes my new pairing with Sudeep Sahir. They just want that Smriti-Mihir should be together. I am happy the way the whole drama is going on and now in the coming episodes, Smriti's baby will be found but with adding more drama to it."

About working with Ketki Dave she said, "She is a wonderful actress and also a good human being. We are learning a lot from her and I am glad that I am working with her."

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Shiju Kataria plays Harman's sister in Its My Life

TV actress Shiju Kataria aka Smriti of Star Plus prime time show Behenein will now be seen on the big screen with Haraman Baweja in Anees Bazmee's film Its My Life. She plays Harman's sister in the film.

We spoke to Shiju Kataria aka Smriti about her role, "I am waiting for my film Its My Life to release. It's a good and hilarious movie. In the film, I play Nana Patekar's daughter and so I am Harman's sister in the film. The film revolves around her and the family of Harman Baweja. She is very sweet and simple but at the same time, she is a very strong character."

Further she told us about her working experience with Nana and Harman, "It was quite a learning experience for me, though I have done films but I will always remember the shooting of this film. Nanaji is so humble and is the most generous person that I have ever met, while shooting I felt I was his real daughter. Similarly, in the film the audience will also love our daughter-father chemistry. About Harman and Genelia, she told, "He is a very good human being and a fine actor similarly even Genelia is also very humble, polite and has no tantrums."

Later on she told us, "After Its My Life, I have done a film called Dus Tola with Manoj Bajpai which would release by the end of this year I guess."

The actress hasn't done much TV but she has done films in the past. The actress is enjoying her TV act.

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Ketki Dave guiding spirit of the show

Ketki Dave

Shiju Kataria aka Smriti and the other cast of the show are all working hard and they are taking guidelines from the most experienced actress on the sets Ketki Dave, who plays their Nima fai.

source: indya.com

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Behenein lead looks like Aishwarya?

Star Plus' show Behenein is in news again as now its said that Behenein lead actress Purva aka Aalesha bears a striking resemblance to none other than the world's most beautiful woman, Aishwarya Rai.

An Indya source tells us, "Right from the first day of the shoot, everyone on the sets including the cast, crew and even the producer, JD Majethia tease Aalesha as Aishwarya. Not only do they tease her as a look-alike but they have also spotted similarities in her mannerisms and expressions while she performs."

About this Aalesha said "Ash is the world's most beautiful woman and comparison with her humbles me, it feels like I have won half the battle'however, wish I was a bit taller. Coming to the performances, I still have a lot to learn considering Behenein is just my leading debut. I have done print shoots down South and over there, the crew members used to tell me that I am mini ash and I take this as a compliment. Without make-up I can't be Ash as it's the make-up and hairstyling have made me to look like her. I even get lot of comments on facebook that I resemble Ash. I am hoping that I will be successful actress in tellywood like Ash in Bollywood."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/March/News_20100310_45

Post Reply New Post

Go to top