Behenein - Articles Archive

ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Welcome to the Behenein Articles Archive.

Here you will find all the articles that have been posted on Behenein in the forum. TellyBuzz articles will be found in the post below.

- Behenein Dev Team.
Edited by sattvik - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
TellyBuzz Articles

The year has certainly begun well for Sudeep Sahir as he has two reasons to feel happy and ...

Added on : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 at 6:26:05 PM

Behenein celebrates Sangeet in style! Behenein celebrates Sangeet in style!

The team of Star Plus' Behenein celebrated the sangeet of Purva in style'

Added on : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 at 6:16:24 PM

Rahul Arora turns dancer for Star Plus' Behenein... Rahul Arora turns dancer for Star Plus' Behenein...

Rahul Arora who was last seen in Miley Jab Hum Tum will soon enter Star Plus' new show, Behenein...

Added on : Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 3:15:23 PM

Star Plus back to the #1 position; pushes COLORS to 2nd place Star Plus back to the #1 position; pushes COLORS to 2nd place

Star Plus is back with a bang, as it becomes the #1 GEC as per the latest ratings...

Added on : Thursday, March 04, 2010 at 3:06:52 PM

Sudeep Sahir injures his foot on sets of Behenein.. Sudeep Sahir injures his foot on sets of Behenein..

While shooting for a high drama scene, Sudeep Sahir the lead of Star Plus' Behenein ended up ...

Added on : Friday, March 19, 2010 at 2:51:56 PM

Smriti loses her mental stability, heads to a rehab center in Behenein Smriti loses her mental stability, heads to a rehab center in Behenein

Star Plus' Behenein is headed for an emotional drama where Smriti goes mad and is admitted to a ...

Added on : Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 3:21:01 PM

Cupid now strikes Rahul and Ojaswi in the sets of Behenein.. Cupid now strikes Rahul and Ojaswi in the sets of Behenein..

The next set of love birds have been spotted on the sets of Star Plus' Behenein, and a little ...

Added on : Friday, March 26, 2010 at 5:12:23 PM

Itishree Singh enters Star Plus' Behenein.. Itishree Singh enters Star Plus' Behenein..

Itishree Singh enters the life of Mihir in Star Plus' Behenein, only to add to his miseries..

Added on : Friday, March 26, 2010 at 6:42:48 PM

Adaa's nerves of steel! Adaa's nerves of steel!

Adaa Khan aka Akashi of Star Plus' Behenein is one gutsy girl who always fights back…

Added on : Monday, March 29, 2010 at 2:15:29 PM

Adaa's special reason for her birthday smile! Adaa's special reason for her birthday smile!

On Adaa Khan's birthday she has an added reason to smile throughout the day…

Added on : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 2:43:39 PM

Rahul Arora, male lead in Maan Rahe Tera Pitaah Rahul Arora, male lead in Maan Rahe Tera Pitaah

Rahul Arora bags his first positive as well as lead role in Sony TV's Maan Rahe Tera Pitaah…

Added on : Monday, June 07, 2010 at 3:00:00 PM

Sudeep Sahir to be a daddy! Sudeep Sahir to be a daddy!

Sudeep Sahir is full of nervous anticipation as he looks forward to welcome his first junior!

Added on : Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 2:25:19 PM

Edited by sattvik - 13 years ago
-Pravin- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Star Plus and the Shastri family invite the nation to join Purva on her wedding day

Media News
New Delhi, February 04, 2010

The Shastri family is filled with josh and fervor to celebrate the much-awaited wedding of their eldest daughter, Purva with her beloved Amar. Star pariwaar along with Shastri family has been preparing for this grand wedding which is slated for Feb 8. All viewers are cordially invited to Purva's big day, a day when her life is going to change forever.

The Sangeet ceremony begins today in the city. Purva is all set to take the big leap in her life. This impending wedding is a moment of immense joy for the family and will change Purva's life forever. There are festivities galore with loads of naach, gaana, dhol, masti as Purva's family gears up to celebrate their laadli's upcoming wedding. Playing the host to all invited guests the father of the bride, Shevantilal Shastri played by Darshan Zariwala, Mother Revati Shastri played by Shruti Ulfat & Bua Neema Fai played by our own Ketaki Dave will all be present at this auspicious occasion!

On the launch of Behenein, Anupam Vasudev, EVP, STAR India, says, "Behenein has a compelling storyline as it beautifully portrays the emotional bond among the four sisters. In tune with the celebrations and story progression on-air, we have organized sangeet ceremonies across the nation to set the tone for the impending wedding on Feb 8 on STAR Plus."

Behenein is a story about life, progression, bonding among the sisters. It traces the lives of four sisters-their travails, their joys, their sorrows, their triumphs as they journey through life. The role of four sisters is played by Shiju Kataria, Adaaa Khan and Ojaswi Oberoi with Alisha Khan playing Purva. Produced by JD Majethia's Hats Off productions, which has a long standing association with Star Plus, Behenein is their first offering in the family drama genre.

Grand Wedding on Feb 8, Muhurat 8.30 pm on STAR Plus

Please join in the celebrations and find out how her life will take a new turn.

http://www.afaqs.com/perl/media/media_newslets/index.html?id=44172
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Ketki Dave packs a new punch!

Legendary actress, Ketki Dave who is still recognized for her famous 'Takiya Kalaam' (punch line) 'Aaa Ra Ra Ra…' which became very famous from the serial 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' and was also used later in the movie 'Aamdani Attanni Kharcha Rupaiya' is now ready to give something new to her audience. The veteran actress is all set with another punch-line on the lines of 'Aaa Ra Ra Ra' in the upcoming serial 'Behenein' (Star Plus).

"My character is very strong and dominating," says Ketki of her role in 'Behenein', but she hastily adds, "Though it cannot be called as a negative role; I leave it to the audience to judge my character."

"As I said before, I will be portrayed as a dominating lady thus whenever I get angry, I will exclaim 'Mane Pasand Nathi' (I don't like it)," she further elaborates.

"Let's see whether this line appeals to the audience as 'Aaa Ra Ra Ra' did along with my character," signs off the veteran actress.

Well viewers get ready to enjoy your favorite actress as she packs a fresh punch with her new 'Takiya Kalaam'!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / Tellycafe.com

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Behenein Ka Dulha Mil Gaya!

Hats Off production's 'Behenein' which will be aired on Star Plus from 8th February at 8:30 pm has planned for a grand wedding of Purva (Alisha Khan) which will be telecasted 8th February onwards.

Our reliable source form the sets informs, "Ajay Chaudhary who essayed the lovable character of 'Ustaad' in Star Plus's 'Kumkum' will be the coming back as Amar, the groom-to-be of Purva. The shoot for the first few episodes are done and we are looking forward for it to go on-air soon. The production team is saying that 'Behenein' is the biggest show which is launching before IPL (Indian Premier League) and might gain great TRP's."

The query on who will be the groom of this grand wedding was also raised on the announcement of the show in front of media. Though J.D.Majethia, creative head of Hats off Production severed clear of the answer, but the promos that are on air clearly state that Ajay is indeed the groom. "There are great twists and turns in first two episodes of the show that will settle down in the third episode," signs off the source.

When we called up Ajay, he informs, "I will be the groom-to-be of Purva. My character's profession is that of a choreographer. My role's character sketch is of a sweet and understanding person who is always ready to be with Purva in any phase of life and is a happy-go-lucky person."

-Tejashree Bhopatkar/ Tellycafe.com

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Hats Off production's 'Behenein' is now planning for more turns during the IPL season to grab the eye balls of their loyal viewers and thus keeping this in mind the show is going to experience many high points in the coming weeks.

Source from the sets informs, "In the recent episodes the truth about Smriti's (Shiju Kataria) baby which was actually kidnapped by Vishal and not by any one else had been disclosed and every one is shocked by the news. Thus, Akaashi (Adaa Khan) will reveal it to the police and Vishal will get arrested for the deed. Knowing that Vishal is the main culprit for the crime, Mihir (Sudip Sahir), Smirti's husband set him free from the police station and brings him back, forgiving him."

This was one of the examples of Hats Off production gearing up for more twist in the show during IPL. "The production people are aiming at more such masala to happen in this season and are against the policy to drag the show as it is, thinking that they won't get proper TRP's for the shows. If they create some more drama in the IPL time, their drama will be wasted with no audience. Hence the show is plotting some quick and crispy high points which will make the audience glued to the show." adds the source.

Our ever-helpful source goes on, "The production believes that they had made their loyal viewers and they will give their cent percent to them with out fearing the IPL season."

Apparently, these 'Behenein' are totally geared up of the IPL, but its also heart warming to notice that at least someone cares about their viewers more than just TRP's.

- Tejashree Bhopatkar/ TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2522&parentid=0

niveditha thumbnail

Sudeep Sahir
Sudeep Sahir aka Mihir of STAR Plus' Behenein whose wife Smriti has gone to mental asylum as post delivery she went into mental trauma. Sudeep who loves his wife a lot and can't stay without her keeps remembering her and dreams of getting her back home.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Cry-babies-of-TV&aid=1616

niveditha thumbnail
Shiju Katariya from Behenein has got a new nick name on the sets. People have started calling female Ghajini.

Shiju, who essays the character of Smriti, is currently in an asylum as she has lost her mental balance. "My character in the show is very nave. I turn hysteric and tend to forget everyone around me but soon in some time I turn normal and remember everything. Since Smriti has been suffering from short memory lapses, my co-stars have given me this nickname 'female Ghajini'. Well anything to do with Aamir Khan is worth it, ain't it girl?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Shiju-the-female-Ghajini/articleshow/5801399.cms
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
In conversation with Aalesha

Hill Road Media

She plays the role of elder sister Purva in Behenein, who is sacrificing and always thinks first about her three sisters. The character of Purva Sanghvi is played by debutant Aalesha who has done south films and ads. We spoke to Aalesha about the success of her character and the show'

Did you expect that this show will be a huge hit?
"Earlier when I signed the show I was pretty nervous about my character but when I received good response, I was happy that my hard work is being appreciated by the audience."

How is your rapport with Sudeep?
"Oh! It's wonderful, he is the senior most actor among the young actors and it's nice to work with him. He sometimes comes to me to rehearse the dialogues, he is a good co-actor and good human being as well."

Ok, then what about your three sisters?
"Audiences are loving our chemistry and off-screen also we have become very close to each other like we are real sisters. Sometimes when I go out for shopping, ladies come and ask where is Akashi and Anokhi...It's good the audiences relate us like family."

How is your experience working with actors like Ketaki Dave and Dolly Minhas?
"Both are quite senior to us, we are learning every day from them and they treat us as our daughters on the sets, both are very serious onscreen but off-screen they are very sweet and jovial."

Ok, now a new member has been added in the Behenein star cast-Prem (baby)?
"Oh, the baby is very cute and now he has become a little wonder on the sets of the show. He is very talented as well."

Now what will Purva do next when Smriti will be fine?
"I don't know about the track, whatever she has done is for the future of Prem and Smriti and she won't do any wrong to Smriti."

What message you would like to give to your indya.com fans?
"Keep loving and watch our show, because we are working very hard to give our fans the best and thanks for liking Purva and her sisters."

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Smriti of Behenein absent from Star's Holi. Why...

Star Plus celebrated Holi on the 25th of February in a grand way along with the 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' family and the entire 'Star Parivaar' members like Bebo and Amrit of Sabki Laadli Bebo, Purva and her sisters (Behenein) and many more. But one of the sisters of 'Behenein' was missing i.e. Shiju Kataria, among the four sisters of Behenein.

Thus we called Shiju Kataria aka Smriti of Behenein. She informs, "I was not aware about the event and the celebration as I hadn't received any invitation from the production house. I was not invited for this event. This question is pestering my mind as I was not at all informed about it. Maybe, it was an unintentional mistake. However, how could I, being a vital character of the show, have remained clueless about this celebration?"

"I received a call from one of my on-screen sisters before the event started. She enquired about my whereabouts. Even a member of the creative team called me up. He felt that I must have been present at the celebrations where all the on-screen sisters of Behenein were there. My character in Behenein is equally important. What is troubling me is how could I remain uninformed about the event?'', signs off Shiju disappointedly.

All we can say is, 'Shiju, we really missed you in the bash!'

-Tejashree Bhopatkar/
Tellycafe.com