3/01 - "Kamar tod denge"

soapbubble thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
No one had made a discussion thread for yesterday's epi, so I thought I'd start one.😛

After a few lighthearted episodes the Boodha-Shuklain nautanki is back in full force. Shuklain complains that the Bangalis are too thick skinned and so Daadi says to kya hua ham unki kamar tod denge. And God! what a list!  Kaju, badam, akrot, sab 10 kilo. Mithai - paanch alag alag do-do kilo. Phal, paanch alag alag. Banarasi saadi, garam kadpe 40 logon ke liye..
Poor Majumdars😕 - pehle to so much insult. Then Dadi and the Shuklas together proceed to put them through the wringer. The poor people ahve still not understood that these guys are trying to make them call off the wedding. Seriously I'm also wondering what it will take for them to call it off - Aise logon ke beech beti ko byaahne ki himmat hogi kya?

BTW the CVs of this show are rather brave. Normally just to relieve the monotony episode directors cut from track to track but for the full impact of yesterday's list it was important for it to be shown in one chunk, without any relief and that's what they did. No quick cutaway to Rashmi worrying at the Mathurs' or showing Lalla enjoying his beautiful dreams. It was pure unadulterated Torture of the Majumdars.
The Shuklas have now left the samdhis to Dadi's tender mercies. Poor Sudha is standing by watching all this unable to say a word 😵 Mr Shukla, wah wah - you seem to know exactly what's hatching as far as the kitchen politics goes. Mrs Shukla of course has not remembered her beloved son's tears even once. And Dadi! what are you getting out of this, woman? you're playing puppet puppet but when it comes to your own Lalla, you may not find it so easy. 😡
TN, sitting in one corner trying to read, keeping a vague eye on what's happening - what are your thoughts on this? Why don't you control your mother, TN? When Lehar was singing innocently in her own house, you said ye kaise sanskaar hai, gala phaad phaad ke gana etc. Gala phaad phaad ke kisi bechare ladki ke baap pe barasna koi achhe sanskaar hain kya? Double standards! Grrr😡🤢
Anyway, not enjoyable but good episode.
Bubble

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks that was a great update.  😊

brave creatives?  wow!  hope it bodes well for the future!
md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for update.
I guess me going to skip the episode. your analysis was much better than watching episode
desigirl_18 thumbnail
nice post Bubbles!!! I missed Abeer today!! 😔 But i think you are very right, they had to show the Majumdar torture uninterrupted to have full effect--poor ppl, just hate the boodha!! My mom felt like cursing her soo bad for what she was doing! hope we get to see some Abeer tomorrow!!
sam. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Loved the post bubble.I dont know who i am angry at more budha for interfiering in matters that are none of her business or at shuklain for disregarding her son's wishes and following budha's orders.😡.
      I really hope madhav just dumps his parents and gets married to rashmi in court .😈Then shuklain will know what is more important her son or her false pride.
      Really missed abeer and AbHer scenes ,i hope we get to see some tomorrow.
regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ soapbubble :   my God! what a beautiful analytical update you have written.. it is wonderful..

plus, i think that Shuklain doesnt have a daughter of her own...so she is also foolishly hell bent on making the poor people's lives miserable...

they are beautifully depicting the mindset of the society, of the ladke walas in general and of the higher castes, who have such infallible superiority complexes, and look at the other castes with utter disrespect.
Anvi2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Bubble for your analysis on the episode. I did not get a chance to see yesterday's episode, but it seems like the whole episode was devoted to Dadi, Shuklain, and Majumdars. Sudha might have felt so disgusted seeing how her mother-in-law was behaving. I wonder when will she gather the courage to speak up, in private, not in front of all. I seriously want TN in the picture now. Was he around when dadi was insulting the Majumdars? He needs to see how his mom is behaving and do something about it. I know according to him Madhav did wrong by wanting to marry a Bengali, but that does not jusify dadi's treatment towards the Majumdhars. If one person does wrong once, it does not give rights to the other person to do wrong forever. I really want TN to interfere now for good.

Seriously, even I wonder, what will it take for the Majumdars to cancel the wedding. How much more insult can they tolerate.

This is what I like about the creatives, just due to trps, they are not compromising with the story line. This is what I want. Stick to the story. It take guts to not show the leads through out the episode. From your analysis it seems like there were no Abheer or Lehar scenes, neither together nor separately. I have no complains about it. 😊

Chalo lets see what Madhav does after coming to know about this insult ( I hope he does). If Banke or chutki were around this scene, I so want one of them, or even better, both of them, to give Abheer the full update.

Looking at the way dadi is behaving, ruthlessly, I so dont want Lehar to marry in that family. It does not matter how much AbHer love each other, if Lehar has to face torture during the day in Abheer's absence, while he is at work. Unlike M-R, they will be living under the same roof with dadi. Forget about after marriage, if this is how dadi treats Majumdars, who are not even related to her, then how will she treat her samdhis, Mathurs, when she finds out about AbHer. It will be intolerable. First Abheer needs to make sure that Lehar will be respected in his household before even thinking about the marriage. Sudha is a sweetheart, she cannot even think of being rude, but the main problem will be dadi.

Edited by Anvi2009 - 14 years ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: soapbubble

No one had made a discussion thread for yesterday's epi, so I thought I'd start one.😛

After a few lighthearted episodes the Boodha-Shuklain nautanki is back in full force. Shuklain complains that the Bangalis are too thick skinned and so Daadi says to kya hua ham unki kamar tod denge. And God! what a list!  Kaju, badam, akrot, sab 10 kilo. Mithai - paanch alag alag do-do kilo. Phal, paanch alag alag. Banarasi saadi, garam kadpe 40 logon ke liye..
Poor Majumdars😕 - pehle to so much insult. Then Dadi and the Shuklas together proceed to put them through the wringer. The poor people ahve still not understood that these guys are trying to make them call off the wedding. Seriously I'm also wondering what it will take for them to call it off - Aise logon ke beech beti ko byaahne ki himmat hogi kya?

BTW the CVs of this show are rather brave. Normally just to relieve the monotony episode directors cut from track to track but for the full impact of yesterday's list it was important for it to be shown in one chunk, without any relief and that's what they did. No quick cutaway to Rashmi worrying at the Mathurs' or showing Lalla enjoying his beautiful dreams. It was pure unadulterated Torture of the Majumdars.
The Shuklas have now left the samdhis to Dadi's tender mercies. Poor Sudha is standing by watching all this unable to say a word 😵 Mr Shukla, wah wah - you seem to know exactly what's hatching as far as the kitchen politics goes. Mrs Shukla of course has not remembered her beloved son's tears even once. And Dadi! what are you getting out of this, woman? you're playing puppet puppet but when it comes to your own Lalla, you may not find it so easy. 😡
TN, sitting in one corner trying to read, keeping a vague eye on what's happening - what are your thoughts on this? Why don't you control your mother, TN? When Lehar was singing innocently in her own house, you said ye kaise sanskaar hai, gala phaad phaad ke gana etc. Gala phaad phaad ke kisi bechare ladki ke baap pe barasna koi achhe sanskaar hain kya? Double standards! Grrr😡🤢
Anyway, not enjoyable but good episode.
Bubble

perfect summary bubble
i'm surprised u recounted every detail of daddi's long fehrist(list)
and yes the thing that irked me the most was TN,can't he  see what damage his mum is upto?
i actually liked the guy and his character but yest he was very disappointing,I even had a thought that Sudha might just end up saying something but she didn't I guess she couldn't oppose Boodha no matter how much she wanted to from within...I felt very bad for the Majumdars when they began the insult with sucha petty issue of the smalll notepad he pulled out of his pocket. Shuklain is the owrst of the lot coz she's letting daadi do that to her sons in laws ,how silly is that ...........

other than that I found the epi very imp, I did miss AbHer but glad they put all the grief  in one to provide us some relief today ,now I wonder how Madhav will handle the situation and for some reason I dont want Abeer to know ...

cheers for the analysis !
Hina

surakshita thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
a nice analytical review by you
soapbubble thumbnail
Thank you, everyone, for appreciating the post and also for taking the time to comment and respond!
🤗Bubble