Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

Saying of the Month - Sirius Black! (Page 2)

cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Navi

Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

^ I meant he didn't like how his family supported Voldemort and his ways :)

His parents AGREED with Voldemort and his whole purifying the wizarding community ideals but they weren't radicals like Voldemort. I get what you're saying though.

Yea that's what I meant.
-Navi IF-Rockerz
-Navi
-Navi

Posted: 06 February 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
I have a question, in PoA Snape says he wanted to be the one who caught Sirius. Was it  because he hated Sirius or because he wanted to get justice for Lily?
Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Navi

I have a question, in PoA Snape says he wanted to be the one who caught Sirius. Was it  because he hated Sirius or because he wanted to get justice for Lily?
I think it was more of a hatred for Sirius...He should have heard what he wanted to say if he was so concerned for Lily...and then somewhere he knew Sirius wasn't a Death Eater- he himself was one...even though Voldemort didn't tell all his followers their fellows' names, still, there was always a chance...
thats what I think...
ragsmastlife Senior Member
ragsmastlife
ragsmastlife

Posted: 28 February 2010 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Do you think Sirius was right to break away from the family, even if he didn't agree with some of their values?
According to me if a person has very good values but few very very bad values(Like killing for fun)  the bad values overshadow the good one completely tilting the personality to make a bad one so Sirius was right to brek away from family. 

Who is a better person in your opinion, Sirius or Snape? Why?
Sirius:he expressed himself totally always(be it hate or love ),but snape did that only at end,So we knew Sirius in and out,thats always a better person and easy to  be judged   .

If you had the chance to bring Sirius back to life by killing off another good character who lived at the end of the series, who would you choose? 
Difficult to say.

What were some of Sirius' strongest points? Faults?
Strongest points:caring,loving nature despite long azkaban imprisonment,being a friend for life to James even after james death ,keeping promise of being Godfather to Harry,Risk taking ability.
Faults:Living in the Past,Extremist in every thing.
_Ashy_ IF-Dazzler
_Ashy_
_Ashy_

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Do you think Sirius was right to break away from the family, even if he didn't agree with some of their values?
Sirius Black was apparently the only Black and faithful to his principles and motives in life. So for me, I think that he did a wise thing to break away from the family ties and run to James Potter. I salute him.

Who is a better person in your opinion, Sirius or Snape? Why?
Very very tough question....these two are the only characters that actually mean something. To me, Snape is a better character because he sacrificed his entire life for Harry, the son of his lost love and his rival. He charms the protagonist at the end and ultimately compels him to fight for his right.

If you had the chance to bring Sirius back to life by killing off another good character who lived at the end of the series, who would you choose?
Hermione Granger or Harry Potter, definitely.

What were some of Sirius' strongest points? Faults?
Strongest points would be he believed in truth and could foresee the things that were to come in his ways. Faults would be......um.....that he hated Snape maybe.....
Rafa.LunaPotter IF-Sizzlerz
Rafa.LunaPotter
Rafa.LunaPotter

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 9:55pm | IP Logged

Okies Ash...here I go..Embarrassed
Do you think Sirius was right to break away from the family, even if he didn't agree with some of their values?  In my opinion, yes I totally respect Sirius's decision, that was something that he just had to do...always being sidetracked by a family that didnt understand him, or give him taht respect that as a person, an individual he deserved..all his brothers, cousins chose a wrong path,..he happened to choose the right one...I think tahts what makes him soo different and soo special from the others.

Who is a better person in your opinion, Sirius or Snape? Why? Man!...Thsi is hard. I think it would be Snape. Why?..umm I thinks its because of two major reasons...he did everything he could in his control to save Harry, followed two most terrible and powerful guys orders, nicking his safety, just bothering aout Lily..and tht makes him really strong, stronger than Sirius and wht  he endured in Azkaban.  The other reason, would be because, how much ever Snape hated Harry, and his dad, he still cared, in his own way be it either in alerting Albus or doing it in his own curt style,unlike Sirius, who couldnt care for Harry...he could really never be more helpful at times when Harry needed him..and at all those times it was Albus helping Harry...

If you had the chance to bring Sirius back to life by killing off another good character who lived at the end of the series, who would you choose? No doubt on this Ash..it would be Bellatrix..*I so dislike her*LOL

What were some of Sirius' strongest points? Faults? Strongest points...Umm I think he was the closest to Harry ever, i mean after his parents, and he cared for him the way Harry wished...something that Snape could never do, as he could never face the fact that he cared for Lily and James son! But there was another plus point..he was an animagus....LOL..that saved his life soo many times! He was very honest...something that i think made him really worthy of such a high character.
Weak points... He didnt have enough guts...I think so atleast..given a choice, he wouldnt be able to take Snape's job. Another weak point...maybe that he hated some things around him soo much that they led to negativity..he was always negative...being shut in the order, not allowed to move out, proclaimed murderer..etc!

Nice questions... had me thinking..Tongue

Go to top