Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 6:03am | IP Logged

Welcome Friends! Hug 

We're back with the Character of the Month!

Our new COTM is none other than....

Sirius Black!

Here are some questions for you to answer Tongue

- What are your thoughts on Sirius Black?

- What did you think of the way he treated Slytherins?

- What are your thoughts on the fact that Sirius was the only one in his family who ended up in Gryffindor?

- Any other comments?

Happy answering!

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 04 February 2010 at 4:22am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sur_10cityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Character of the Month... Sirius Black!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mazzy101

Goldie

Mazzy101

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Welcome Friends! Hug 

Sirius Black!

I think he was very nice, talented and a good friend and a godfather!

They werent very nice to him, and he was just doing the same to them! Though tricking Snape into going to the whomping willow while lupin was transforming, was a bit crazy!

- What are your thoughts on the fact that Sirius was the only one in his family who ended up in Gryffindor?
   I thought this was nice, as all his friends were in Gryffindor and he went into a house that wasnt evil, but good!

- Any other comments?
I think he deserved some happiness, not to die in that way! its not fair on him and Harry! 
Happy answering!

-HP Dev. Team

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 8:14am | IP Logged

- What are your thoughts on Sirius Black? He was one of the coolest Marauders...after my Jamseypoo of course!Wink His death, though sad, was very much expected because the life he was living after escaping from Azkaban was torturous. His closest friend, who was like a brother to him, was dead (and if he'd lived, he'd have had to witness Remus's death too, poor guy), and he never had the chance to raise Harry like he'd wanted because another friend backstabbed him. I'd say death came as a relief to him, but I do wish he could have been freed before he died so that he and Harry could have had some open bonding time without the fear of society noticing him.Cry He reminded me a lot of Fred and George when he was first introduced, so I always liked his character, and continue to do so. He is one of the noblest coolest character JKR created, and will prob remain to be dear to many coming generations who read Harry Potter.Smile

- What did you think of the way he treated Slytherins? Although Sirius may have bin a bit biased and bullying-sort towards the Slytherins, we have to understand his perspective of the issue as well. He came from a family full of biased bullying muggle-hating people he abhored and wished every bit to be different from. The reason he hated the Slytherins (or at least the ones who reminded him of his parents) was because they were the symbol of everything he fought against and wanted to be different from in every sort of way. They tormented the innocent kids in Hogwarts (read the chapter on Snape's memories in Book 7 where Lily tells Snape off for supporting the friends who'd tortured Mary McDonald), and Sirius hated them for that. I'd say his strong dislike for the Slytherins was very much justified though of course his prank on Snape was uncalled for and foolish. However, that was the only truly harmful mistake he ever made and he himself admitted to feeling guilty about it.

- What are your thoughts on the fact that Sirius was the only one in his family who ended up in Gryffindor? It truly prooved that he was in fact different from his family. And it also prooved the theory that a student is placed in the house of their choice, and that it is their choices which matter more, more than their abilities. Who know? Sirius might have been just as ambitious and cunning as the Slytherins, but being in Slytherin would meen he'd have to associate with his cousins and other Slytherins who he disliked with a passion. So he chose to be in Gryffindor with the new friends he'd met on the train, and he got his wish. 

- Any other comments? Padfoot rocks, and if anyone disagrees, they'll have to answer to me!Angry Lol, j/kLOL

Happy answering!

-HP Dev. Team

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 3:34pm | IP Logged

Welcome Friends! Hug 

Sirius Black!

- What are your thoughts on Sirius Black? I always thought he was just like a 2nd father to Harry Tongue Was really hoping Harry would live with him, and I couldn't believe when he died. I did think he was arrogant in his Hogwart's years, but not enough to hate and he made up for it as an adult.

- What did you think of the way he treated Slytherins? It was probably egoistical, but not pure evil.

- What are your thoughts on the fact that Sirius was the only one in his family who ended up in Gryffindor? It makes sense because it proves he is so different (good different) from his family, but not the only one. His uncle in cousin were in Ravenclaw (Hufflepuff?) I think. I also think that Sirius did not want to be in Slytherin, so that also impacted it.

- Any other comments? Nope! Big smile Nice job with the thread!

Happy answering!

-HP Dev. Team

Edited by MusicalAiswarya - 02 February 2010 at 3:37pm

chhilt..RamKiJanaki..

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 03 February 2010 at 9:24am | IP Logged

Welcome Friends! Hug 

Sirius Black!

He was a very brave and loyal person, a great friend and even a better godfather, who never cared for his own life, and deserved a much better life.

Most of his treatment was right considering many Slytherins deserved it, but he might have been prejudiced by the way he was treated at his home...towards Snape, he was not the only one, as he also hated him and as for his brother, when he knew him, he was a Voldemort supporter.He associated Slytherins with the bitter memories of his childhood and the ideals his family tried to teach him, which he hated relentlessly.

Sirius was a completely different from all his family members, and he couldn't be a Slytherin at any cost as Phineas Nigellus said, we chose save our necks first...he never had this attitude.His selflessness and valour made him a complete Gryffindor.He was a little egoistical but never cruel or high headed. 

- Any other comments? I love Sirius Black, he is my favourite character, and his best quality is his raw courage. I just love his recklessness, and the way he kept encouraging Harry in TOOP to form DA and fight against the Ministry.LOLHe should have lived atleast to be declared innocent as he had to die with the accustation of being the murderer of the people he loved the most in the whole world.
thnx for making him COTM

Happy answering!

-HP Dev. Team

Edited by Sur_Singhania - 03 February 2010 at 9:43am

chhilt..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 03 February 2010 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Wow, nice answers everyone! :D

chhilt

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 11:06am | IP Logged
I loved the relationship between him and Harry, He was fun, loyal, courageous and caring, and I loved his live-life-in-the-moment way of thinking. His death was really saddening, he didn't deserve to die, and it was like a second blow to Harry. Though it was pretty improbable, I would have loved them to have spent more time together.

Though his behaviour was a bit bully-like, I wouldn't call it evil, and he had been brought up in a way which gave him a very negative view of Slytherins

I think this proved that you can influence which house you're put in, and Gryffindor was definitely the right house for him as he was brave, loyal, valiant etc

chhilt

fly_chick

Goldie

fly_chick

Posted: 07 February 2010 at 9:31am | IP Logged

He was, alongside James one of the coolest Marauders. He was a great friend and a father like figure to Harry. He was Brave and Loyal and deserved a really good life. He may have been a mischief maker while at school but was funny and to be honest who doesn't mess around early on in school life. He reminds me of the weasley twins. He was a trustworthy person he puts friends before himself and is someone you can rely on. He is somewone who can give you both hope and strength to face up to things and life though was slightly reckless.
He was a bit bias towards Slytherins but he was right considering they deserved it. Also, he comes from a family of Slytherins so it's to be expected because he's seen the way they behave since birth and that's biased his opinion of them though the fact that nearly all the slytherins were death eaters and in snapes case wanted to become a death eater his behaviour was justified as even his brother became a death eater. He wasn't purely evil toward them.

He was different from his family and it was evident in Snapes falshback that he didn't want to be in slytherin. This shows that even in the worst of families, Good people can be born and sirius showed that. He was brave and ready to help others not selfish like his family. He had the qualities of a Gryffindor and truly deserved to be one.

- Any other comments?
Sirius was a loyal friend and person and i absolutely love his charecter. He was fun and slightly reckless but immensely brave and Courageous. He was a great Godfather and a role model to an extent becaus ewhen he asked Harry to form the DA it was reckless but showed harry how to face up to challenges ahead( knowing how to fight).

chhilt

Post Reply New Post

Go to top