Fan Fictions

In Search -Powder FF (Epilogue up) (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 18

sehar mehrotra

IF-Rockerz

sehar mehrotra

Posted: 14 March 2010 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Really nice update Pooj!!!!!! I must say it was worth the wait........ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
I simply luvd the conversations b/w Mahendra AND Karthik, Usman and his Mom!!!!!! Well done sweetu!!!!!Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooj@-De.De-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "In Search -Powder FF (Epilogue up) (Page 9)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mishti_17

IF-Stunnerz

mishti_17

Posted: 16 March 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Lovely update Pooj..Luved it n like Sehar said it was worth the wait:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooj@

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sehar mehrotra

Really nice update Pooj!!!!!! I must say it was worth the wait........Clap
I simply luvd the conversations b/w Mahendra AND Karthik, Usman and his Mom!!!!!! Well done sweetu!!!!!Thumbs Up

Thanks Sehar. i am glad that you liked it.Embarrassed

sehar mehrotramishti_17

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kalindi-

Lovely update Pooj..Luved it n like Sehar said it was worth the wait:)

Thanks Kalindi. i feel great that you thought it was worth the wait! Embarrassed

mishti_17

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
omg.. I'm so sorry I forgot to comment.CryCryCry

I simply loved it Pooj, it was brilliant update. Quite surprising though... all of them feeling bad as Rajesh goes.ShockedShockedLOL

Best part I loved was a a scene between Usmaan sir's & his mother. Too good.ClapClap

Please psot next part soon.EmbarrassedLOL

Pooj@mishti_17

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 11 April 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

omg.. I'm so sorry I forgot to comment.CryCryCry

I simply loved it Pooj, it was brilliant update. Quite surprising though... all of them feeling bad as Rajesh goes.ShockedShockedLOL

Best part I loved was a a scene between Usmaan sir's & his mother. Too good.ClapClap

Please psot next part soon.EmbarrassedLOL

Thanks Ika!
(Finally) posting! :D

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 11 April 2010 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Author's note:

Many many days before, i had updated this. As it is ancient history, let me begin afresh, as I comment on the update. It is mostly based on 14th episode. Anuj over and done with, i had decided to pack up Rajesh, and thankfully, he is back in Delhi, as of the last part. But I have taken some liberties with the present as of the 14th episode. Brinda is in Rajasthan, and Mahendra has been discharged but still has a plaster on his leg and is in his Byculla flat. (I had mentioned this Byculla abode in a previous part. 4th, if I recall correctly.)

I have tried a different style for Mahendra and Brinda.

Some references:

Palak - spinach..umm...popoye the sailor man et all

kanda pohe
- Commonest breakfast dish popular all over Maharashtra, consisting of chopped onion and flat rice flakes or pohe  (personally I am not fond of it much, but I have certain criteria, if which fulfilled, I can consume unlimited amounts of the above mentioned dish.LOL)

That explained and done with, let us move on.

Edited by Pooj@ - 13 April 2010 at 5:55am

-Amri-

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 11 April 2010 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

Chapter VI

Recalling

Mahendra was standing in the balcony of his flat, looking at the comings and goings on the street below.

A burqa clad woman with three children in tow walked furiously, shouting at the sabziwallah left behind in the street. Her youngest was barely three, still nestled in her arms. The older boy was holding on to her hand fearfully, and the oldest was nearly twelve. She was clad in a rustic frock, and was carrying a bag full of green vegetables. Palak leaves peaked out from the space between the handles and the edges.

A Gandhi-topi-ed man moved slowly, as if in deep thought. His rubber boots creaked as he shuffled slowly.

A young boy, barely ten ran across the street to deliver piping hot chai to two men in a rickshaw. He winced as a drop of the steaming liquid fell on his hand. Wiping it on his tattered banyan, he sniffed before rushing off to deliver more orders.  

A young woman with pink streaks in her hair and a sack on her back stopped. Shading her eyes from the sun, she looked up. The ring in her nose glinted in the sunshine.

Mahnedra almost dropped his coffee mug in shock.

The shouting woman with her three children was still walking down the road, her shrill voice rising above the general din of Byculla. The man was still dragging himself down the road, at the mercy of the harsh sun. And the little boy was still going about his respective job of delivering chai to the patrons.

But the girl with the sack had vanished.... He still remembered the nose ring and the highlights vividly. The face which had been strikingly similar to another face'.

He shook his head slowly, thinking about Julie and Raghav to clear his head and prevent his thoughts from straying towards another particular female with high cheekbones and luxurious black curly hair which cascaded down her back.

But inspite of himself, when he looked at the silent, deserted far end of the road, he could make out two figures walking down a road in the Himalayas. The girl from the previous thought, and with her, a man who had brown hair and wire rimmed glasses.

Mahendra sighed.

Brinda sighed.

The frustration about the heat, the sweat and the workload was all forced out in that one little sigh.

She looked up at the creaking fan, going round and round, never changing it's path, but never still, revolving weakly, powered by the electricity lifted by a wire from the main line. She had been promised a better room for tomorrow by the NCB.

The paintings on the ceiling had long eroded but the remaining colours were remembrance of the lurking past, just like some unforgettable and uncomfortable thoughts lurking in her mind.

She pulled out her cell wearily and scrolled down to a name.

Her finger hovered over the little green button for a minute. Looking up at the flaking greens and browns, she pressed it. And at the next weary creak, she pressed the little red button.

She held the cell in her hand looking at the blank screen intently. Suddenly, the gadget vibrated to life with dancing light and a name repeatedly flashing on the previously blank screen - Mahendra Ranade.

She let it ring. Once. Twice. Thrice....five times. It then fell silent for a moment. With renewed gusto, it whizzed back to life a moment later. She pounced on the first ring without hesitation.

'Mahendra.'

The simple utterance of his name, punctured by the static from the line was enough for him.

'Kya kar rahi ho?'

'Kuch nahi..Bas, baithi hoon.'

He sniggered. 'Agar chutti par jaana tha, toh Matheran, Mahabaleshwar jaati. Itni garmi main Rajashtan main sadne ki jaroorat thode hi thi.'

'Ha ha ha. Chup baitho,' she snapped. With that, she launched into a detailed description of the raid. When the conversation had ended, she reviewed and re-evaluated every sentence spoken by her. Had she perhaps gone too far?

Mahendra tossed his cell aside, and stumped about in the room. Merely hearing about the raid, he was eager to do something. Anything adventurous. But the plastered leg left only one scope for him.

With it, he turned to the stove to make something adventurous out of the kanda pohe.

Edited by Pooj@ - 13 April 2010 at 5:54am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tushenikitairarnfandeboo-Amri-sehar mehrotrarapi_c-De.De-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top