Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

In Search -Powder FF (Epilogue up) (Page 17)

Pooj@ IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
So today's thursday, and I present today's update! (yay!)

Before that, do check out Sehar's new VM:

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-De.De-mishti_17

Pooj@ IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Chapter XIII

Mahendra sat on the edge of his chair gingerly. The cubicle was empty, devoid of any personal effects .. just like he had left it.

He leaned back in the chair slightly, relaxed. After two years of disgrace and exile, he was here. He was back. And half-thinking it all too good to be true ...being here again, working with NCB, meeting Brinda.

He fiddled with his cell phone. The earlier dabba had been replaced by a sleek new upgrade, a result from the days in Dubai. He flipped it open and went through the contact list till he stopped at the name he had been searching for.

Kartik Sharma                                                 98********

Without pausing for contemplation, his thumb jabbed the green button. The line beeped meditatively, trying to connect to the number. There was a pregnant pause and Mahendra felt his breath hitch with anticipation.

A disembodied woman finally said, "The number you are trying to reach is out of coverage area. Please try later."

He replaced the cell phone on his desk. There was no service provider who could connect his calls to his friend. They would meet once again someday, but till then, Mahendra would have to deal with that lacuna in his life.

He looked over the wall of the cubicle to see a woman with luxurious black hair and sharp aquiline features. Brinda stopped in her tracks, feeling his intense stare. She turned to look at him. Mahendra's heart leapt at the tentative smile on her face. As her watched her go, he knew he would not be able to deal with her lacuna in his life. It would rip him apart.

But considering the implications, it was better for him to be ripped apart than hurt even a hair on her head.

The hotel was till the same. Steaming idlis were stacked in heaps in front of the four people sitting around a table at the back, half swathed in darkness, away from prying eyes in the cover of a decorative partition.

The crowd, the hurry, the smells, the spices, everything was still the same, Mahendra thought. And there was always a reserved place for hungry Police officials, tucked away at the back of the establishment.The badge still held weight, he noted wryly, even though tarnished with doubt and crumbling reputations, corruption charges and allegations. The silence around the table was comfortable. Jugdale sat beside Mahen, silent concentrating on the food in front of him. Siddiqui Sahab and Brinda duplicated his actions.

It was almost like the earlier days. Brinda looked up at her companions. Except a lot had changed. Ansari was gone. His empire had crumbled. Mahendra had been charged with corruption but now, he was back. Jugdale had been in jail but his reinstation was supposed to come any day. Kartik was lost forever, and so was Usmaan Sir's trust. In two years, life had changed.

The table was cleared of food when Siddiqui Sahab looked up. First the words and conversations trickled but by the end of the hour, the air was punctuated with loud laughs and delightful smiles. Neither of them had ever pegged themselves as  typical Sunday-breakfasters-in company of friends-laughing and smiling, but now here they were.

The conversation halted for a minute and Mahendra's mood shifted radically. He turned over the thing that had been lurking in his mind for the hundredth time that day and opened his mouth to speak.

Just then, another joke cracked and they were laughing once again. This was the loudest he had laughed in two years and been the happiest. He wanted to prolong this moment.

He felt like a small child trying to catch the dancing silver reflections of mirror on a wall. A joyous exercise, but futile. The sun did go down and with it, the reflections went.

After all the reflections were just that. Illusions.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tushernfandeboosehar mehrotra-De.De-mishti_17

-De.De- IF-Sizzlerz
-De.De-
-De.De-

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
YAY.. I'm the first one to read! DancingDancing Great part, but hun write some MahiDa parts too, I am craving for MahiDa scenes. Day Dreaming And I didn't get the part where Mahindra dials Kartik's no. Does he dial his mobile no. or he is trying to call his house to talk to Vidya?
And wow.. what a timing, I just was writing my report and took a break and looked into I-F and bang there's your update. Big smile worked as my energy booster!! Lubb ya. Heart

Awwww.. the dinner scene is like re-living foursome's scene! Day Dreaming

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 19 August 2010 at 7:03pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooj@sehar mehrotramishti_17

mishti_17 IF-Stunnerz
mishti_17
mishti_17

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Awww Pooja. Lovely update as always.. Loved the part as Mahendra is back. Mahendra dialing Kartiks numberUnhappy.. Great..Mahendra thinking abt Brinda..Day Dreaming The foursome scene was awesome as well:). Loved it... Will wait fro the next one..

Pooj@sehar mehrotra

Pooj@ IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
@Ika: Hey...Actually he dials Kartik's mobile number, which is of course not in servie but he gets a message that the number is out of coverage area. Promise MahiDa next week.

I don't know if any of you have figured out the logical reasoning why MahiDa can't be together (the reason is now bothering Mahen) but yeah, in a nutshell, there will be some MahiDa. :)

@Kalindi: Thanks for the comments! I'll update soon! :)

-De.De-mishti_17

Pooj@ IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 13 November 2010 at 6:49am | IP Logged
I'm really, really really sorry.
But here's the update!!! :D

Pooj@ IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 13 November 2010 at 6:50am | IP Logged

Chapter XIV

The cup crashed to the ground and the murky brown liquid splattered across the floor. It was surreal, Brinda observed. Had she known it would turn out this way, she'd have never hoped…she'd have never loved. She would have settled with Vaibhav and buried her heart along with the past.

Usmaan Sir did not utter a word. He leaned back on the wall, looking at the two people in front of him. He had known that this would have happened one day or the other. He'd been tempted to transfer Mahendra to another department as soon as he arrived, but his regard for the girl in front of him stopped him.

Mahendra looked crestfallen. It was exhilarating, coming back to Mumbai, but it was now in the best of her interest that he take this step.

He was going to voluntarily resign from the force and vanish into the oblivion.

There was no other way for the things to turn out.

How could he hang around this department when he had been charged of corruption by its very own officers? How could he be so selfish and self centered to draw shadows of dobut on Brinda and Usmaan Sir's exhalted characters.

They had pure, plain images. Nothing like his, stained by doubt and tattered by ill repute.

His stay in the department meant that Usmaan sir had some hand in the whole thing that had taken place two years ago. While there would be nothing in the public media, but it may lead to speculation on the higher rungs of the government.

Similarly, if something transpired between him and Brinda, it would be plain that she had lied to get him out of the country, as opposed to the vehement denial of it by the department on Bose's behest.

"Yes Brinda, I have to resign. I have to go."

Brinda did not look up. Instead, she sat on the chair for a few more minutes. Mahendra's eyes dimmed as he watched her strong, resolute figure. It was cruel, no doubt to tell her this in front of Usmaan sir, but it was necessary. Doing it alone would have prompted confessions from them, something that Mahendra did not want to deal with right now. Or rather, never.

Brinda stood up. "I'll send in some one to clean this," she said and walked out.

His face fell. He looked at Usmaan to find the older man watching him critically.

"Tumhe use aise nahi batana chahie that, Mahendra."

He did not reply. What could he say? He nodded and left the room.

When he came into the outer office, her cubicle was empty. He bounded down the stairs, to find her on the curb, waiting for a taxi. It was just like the times in the past.

"Brinda please! Suno toh!"

She just turned in the opposite direction and started walking, her hair flying in the wind and muttering a string of profanities under her breath.

"Brinda!"

She kept on walking. He chased after her and yanked her arm. With blazing eyes, she eyed his fingers on her arm.

"Hath chodo."

"Kyat um meri baat sunogi?"

Despite the circumstances, she couldn't help feeling that this was right. His hand on his arm – it felt right.

"Hath chodo," she repeated, but the fight had gone out of her voice. It was tinged with sadness and despair.

"Brinda please."

She inhaled deeply. His wavering voice broke her heart.

"Kya?"

Her voice was soft and he could barely hear it above the din of Mumbai's night life.

"Kya hum baat kar sakte hain? Please."

She stopped the smile that was about to break out on her face. Mahendra never used so many 'please' in a single conversation.

"Theek hain."

He motioned her to a bench that stood on the pavement. She marched upto it, and he followed her.

Try as he might to avoid it, he had to do this. He had to tell her what he felt.

After all, it was now or never.

pari0706 IF-Veteran Member
pari0706
pari0706

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Reopened on the request of the topic maker

Go to top