Fan Fictions

In Search -Powder FF (Epilogue up) (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 18

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 15 April 2010 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooj@

No problemo! Read it when you have time! Big smile
Glad that u enjoyed it!

Yea enjoyed so much that waiting for next part already!ROFL Is your exams over pooj?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "In Search -Powder FF (Epilogue up) (Page 11)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 15 April 2010 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

Glad that u enjoyed it!

Yea enjoyed so much that waiting for next part already!ROFL Is your exams over pooj?

Yep! I ahve gotten rid of them, so am working hard on all my stories before my classes start!

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 15 April 2010 at 5:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

Glad that u enjoyed it!

Yep! I ahve gotten rid of them, so am working hard on all my stories before my classes start!

Tha'ts kool.Big smile Enjoy your holidays.Wink

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 15 April 2010 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
@ Ika: Kya khaak holidays?
Aaj hi pata chala hain ki kal se classes shuru honge, aur kal meri test hain!!!

And top that, I missed POWDER! Something is really really wrong with my stars right now.

But the bright side is that, I will be updating quite often as opposed to my irregular past updates. Just lemme watch the 14th one, aur andar se khuud awaaz ayeegiiiiiLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Amri-

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 16 April 2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

@ Ika: Kya khaak holidays?
Aaj hi pata chala hain ki kal se classes shuru honge, aur kal meri test hain!!!

And top that, I missed POWDER! Something is really really wrong with my stars right now.

But the bright side is that, I will be updating quite often as opposed to my irregular past updates. Just lemme watch the 14th one, aur andar se khuud awaaz ayeegiiiiiLOL

Woopie(?) well.. enjoy your classes.WinkLOL

ROFLROFL I hope andar se awaz jaldi aye because me waiting!!!Wink

mishti_17

IF-Stunnerz

mishti_17

Posted: 17 April 2010 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Lovely part.....LOved it a lot..

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 19 April 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
@ Kalindi: Thanks yaar! I hope that the next part will be up soon!

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 24 April 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Chapter VII

Amends

Mahendra sat up, looking at the stars visible from from the window. He shifted his chair so that now he could see the major part of the world from the window. Flashing lights, honking cabs...Mumbai was still alive at midnight.

His eyes strayed to the harsh lights of the cabin to his right. And especially to the man, who was sitting underneath them, writing, thinking, contemplating.

With a frustrated sigh, he threw the pen on the table and fished out his cell phone from his pocket. Checking the inbox again, he lingered on the last text message that had been received.

It was short and to the point.

'You talked?'

"Brinda." He uttered her name frustrated. It was her text message, urging him to make amends, apologize, just like she had done a few hours ago.

His thoughts then strayed tho the conversations that had taken place in the evening.

~~~

"Baat bhi nahi karega?"

Karthik looked at his cell phone wearily. "Tera phone to uthaya hain na? Kya kaam hain?"

"Sorry bolna tha."

"Hm."

"Vidya keh rahi thi ki tune kuch khaya nahi hain."

"..."

"Sorry bola naa...Ab kha le kuch."

"..."

"Theeke hain baba. Please?" Mahendra could imagine his friend smiling.

"Khaloonga. Par tu-"

"Usmaan sir se keh doonga, okay? Kya yaar, tu aur Brinda, dono chabar chabar karte rehte ho."

"Brinda huh?" Karthik chuckled.

"Aur dono main se koi nahi hota toh bore ho jata hoon." Mahendra concluded his statement with a dark flush rising on his cheeks.

Karthik finally lifted the glass of tea that had been sitting in front of him for the past two hours. It was stone cold, but still, it tasted refreshingly sweet.

"Aur sun....Mahen? Tu bhi kuch khalena...Chal main chalta hoon." Karthik ended the conversation hastily.

He lifted his binoculars to peer at the house, the walls, behind which lay Ansari. Tantalizingly close, provokingly far.

Karthik sighed as he took another sip.

Mahendra smiled at his cell phone. After a while his cell buzzed. It was a message from Brinda.

'Leopold main ek ghate ke baad milna.'

She was sitting across the table, looking like a big load had been lifted off her shoulders, but at the same time, weary. Gaunt cheeks, sunken eyes...tired face...She looked much older than her 29 year old self.

"Maine.." She looked up at him, "Maine Usmaan Sir ko sab such bata diya Mahendra."

He was shocked, but he did not let it on. He was angry at her. "Phir mujhe yahaan kyun bulaya hain?" He demanded as he got up to grab his keys.

She clutched his wrist. He looked back at her. Her brown eyes were pleading him, entreating him to hear her out.

He threw his keys on the table angrily. They bounced off the table and skidded to a halt a few feet away.

"Please. Suno toh?" she said softly.

She gently tugged his wrist again. "Baitho." As he sat down, she let go of her hold.

"Main jaanti hoon ke mujhe tumse kuch kehna chahie tha..Par..Aaj main Usmaan sir ke office main thi, aur hum case ke bare main baat kar rahe the..And he looked at me for the first time in weeks. You have no idea how it feels."

She cradled her head in her fingers looking down at the table. After a while, she lifted her head, pushing back her curly hair from her brow.

"Pata hain mujhe." He grunted. He was well aware of the power of the eyes of the man he respected a lot.

Successful for electing a response out of him, Brinda relaxed. "Mujhe lagta hain...Ki tumhe bhi..Unse baat karni chahie."

~~~

Mahendra looked back at the text message and the stars. With a resolve he got up.

Usmaan looked up at the knock on the door and then at the clock. It was nearing twelve. He glanced at the office, and saw the only cubicle that was lit. he had no doubts about the person who was seeking permission to enter.

He nodded at Mahendra mutely before turning back to his work.

Mahendra stood his ground and said after a few moments. "Sorry sir."

There was a silence. A minute, another and then another.

He still stood there waiting for Usmaan to say something. Anything.

Usmaan looked up finally. "Theek hain."

"I really mean it sir. I will..try..not to.." he took a deep breath.

Usmaan looked at him expectantly. He knew Mahendra had had to bend a lot of pride.

"I will try not to usurp your instructions, Sir." He finished.

"Thank you Mahendra. You said you will try-"

A small grin escaped Mahendra. "I said I would try. Purani aadatein jaldi badli nahi jaati.."

"Go home Mahendra. It is late."

Mahendra nodded at the dismissal and left. As the door swung close, Usmaan smiled. He knew somebody who had just been like Mahendra. Young, vibrant and full of energy. Somebody whom he had lost. His face darkened.

Mahendra wrote ... 'I did.'

The reply came in the form of a call in less than a minute. His cell phone flashed the familiar name.. He sighed and sat in the window as he received the call.

"Kya hua?" Brinda demanded eagerly.

"Hona kya tha?" he tried his most off hand voice.

"Mahendra." She admonished.

He grinned crookedly before telling her.

Edited by Pooj@ - 24 April 2010 at 1:43pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitairarnfandeboo-Amri-sehar mehrotra-De.De-mishti_17

Post Reply New Post

Go to top