Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Just saw the PM chindz.......squee !! Trying it right now !! Tongue Achcha, I have another suggestion for Morelli......Steven Strait, I think he's pretty Italian cop looking:

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psycho_angel

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stephanie Plum series (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 01 February 2010 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
OMG!!! ur doing better than me selecting the cast...Steven trait is perfect!!!!and he doesnt even have to bulk up coz Morelli is supposed to be lean...and he looks Italian!!

Maggie Smith and Julie Andrews were my first choices for Grandma Mazur !!!i cant get over the Mc Gonagal act of Maggie Smith,but im sure she will fit into any role given to her.And Julie Andrews has always potrayed the sweet kinda roles,its gonna be fun watching her play an eccentric role for a change ROFL
and i havent watched Stop or My Mum Will Shoot,but from the promos,i definitely want to watch itSmile
Taylor Lutner would be a perfect Diesel...read the holiday Novellas and you will knowBig smile
the Lula in the first pic is Monique,unfortunately the woman in the second pic is just a random pic i picked up from the net,coz she looked to obsessed  with the fried chicken and is falling out of her tiny clothes..she would fit Lula perfectly!!!ROFL

Edited by mjhtac - 01 February 2010 at 1:40pm

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 01 February 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Awwww.......I'm SO glad you like my choices !! And I know, Maggie Smith is awesome, she'll fit in anywhere. Lol, Monique and the second lady both make great Lulas.

And Chindz, you HAVE to watch "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot". Its an amaaaaazingly funny movie, and you'll love it if you love Grandma Mazur. The mom gets into all kinds of random situations and is really nosy and gun-friendly LOL.

Achcha, which pair works for you- Stephanie and Morelli or Stephanie and Ranger ?

psycho_angel

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 01 February 2010 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
LOL,Grandma Mazur should be the cult granny for all...did u read the book where the trio take part in a cook-off and they have to suggest names for their barbecue sauce??Grandma Mazur comes up with the suggestion "Flamin' A$$holes",coz the sauce is very spicy and their competitors have the name "fire in the hellhole sauce".ROFLROFL..then Lula brings a borrowed canopy for the contest and when they set it up on the ground,Grandma tries lighting up the grill and burns a hole in the canopy.so the sign,which originally read "Maynard's Funeral House" now reads "Maynard's Fun House"...i nearly choked laughing when i read that part.and Stephanie volunteers to wear a chicken dress so she can hide her face from all the embarrassment and random children come up to her and ask her to do the chicken dance..poor thing.i guess its the same part where Lula finds herself a guy who turns out to be a cross-dresserROFLROFL

oops...long rant...sorrieeeee

hmm Stephanie and Morelli,coz its the relationship where Stephanie has a lot of say in.Morelli and Stephanie fight quite a lot and make up.As for Ranger,i can barely picture him standing for Stephanie's mood swings.The most he can do is,wiggle an eyebrow and go "Babe".although i do want him to have a fling with her and see where it goes.what about you??who do you ship?

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:47am | IP Logged
OMG........thats HILARIOUS !! ROFL  ROFL   ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL
No, haven't read that bit yet.....still on the third book in which Uncle Mo disappears.But in Book 2, do you remember the bit where Grandma Mazur had been locked in a freezer by a guy called Kenny in Stiva's funeral home, and when they open the freezer to check whether she's alive or not, she brings out her gun and says Clint Eastwood like stuff and shoots at a barrel full of ammunition and burns the entire funeral parlour down ? ROFL  ROFL   ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL The dialogue went like this:

"I know what you're thinking," Grandma said into the silence. "Do I have any more bullets in this here gun? Well, with all the confusion, what with being locked up in a refrigerator, I plum forgot what was in here to start with. But being that this is a forty-five magnum, the most powerful handgun in existence, and it could blow your head clean off, you just got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky today? Well, do you, punk?"

The answer to this was:

"Christ," Spiro whispered. "She thinks she's f**king Clint Eastwood."

ROFL  ROFL   ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  I nearly died laughing !!

And I ship Morelli and Stephanie all the way too !! Maybe I haven't read enough books yet, but Ranger's still kinda obscure to me. You know, lurking in the background types. And plus, Morelli and Stephanie have a history which makes stuff all the more interesting. And I like their on-off-on again kinda relationship. Also, underneath all this, you can see a great friendship, and they genuinely care for each other. They know each other so well, it only adds to their charm. They have this sarcastic bickering and easy camaraderie going on at the same time, which makes them so much more interesting than Ranger and Stephanie.

psycho_angel

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
i just remembered that one!!seriously HILARIOUS!!!! she still hadnt lost her desire to be Dirty Harriet despite being in the meat locker for four hours...hats off to Grandma Mazur,she rawks!!!need to go over the older parts again.

Ranger turns more human as the series proceeds and he and Stephanie definitely have a spark of some sort,but you will have to read and find out for yourself how the story proceeds.Personally,I still find Stephanie going for Ranger as entering into murky waters.He is dark,dangerous,absolutely the wrong guy in a good way and at the same time,he is like dessert ROFL,Morelli being the main courseWink if you know what I mean,desserts are like fillers,unhealthy and good to taste.

StarshineHues

IF-Rockerz

StarshineHues

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
OK, am on the fifth book, and not much of Grandma Mazur, but I'm loving Lula !! She's HILARIOUS !! And the Sally Sweet guy in the previous book was amazing too !! And another addition to the madhouse- Grandma Bella........ROFL, I love how she randomly goes around spooking ppl and giving them "the eye" LOL. And OMG.......her visions are always unbelievaby hilarious LOL. I'd LOVE a Grandma Mazur and Grandma Bella confrontation in the future.......my two fave characters !! Waise, I wouldn't mind a Morelli-Ranger confrontation too, given that I'm beginning to like Ranger a lot more too !! Tongue

psycho_angel

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:59am | IP Logged
5th book already??whoa!!ur fast!oh i love Sally Sweet,he makes a reappearance in book 10th(?) i think,youl seeROFL...i wont spoil the surprise for you.and Lula is soooo ghetto!!!i totally love her character!!Grandma Mazur and Grandma Bella do have a confrontation...Mazur with her gun and Bella with her eye..youl see...its a complete pandemoniumROFL..and Ranger and Morelli have no love lost between them either,but they silently acknowledge each other.my guess is they would have been friends without the Stephanie angleBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top