Problem on the sets of Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Problem on the sets of Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

It's barely been a month that Colors Prime Time daily, Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam has been on air, and it's already being dragged to court.

Rajitha Sharma who was the co producer of the show, until she was allegedly force into quitting her debut production, has moved court for being denied credit for her creative inputs on the show after the first few episodes.

According to the reports, Raitha Sharma was shown the door because of creative differences, but she was involved in the pre-production of the show for eight months before it's telecast. An associate writer producer says, " Dheeraj Kumar from Creative Eye had become abusive on the sets. She was working with him for the first time. Rajitha couldn't take it after a point and was forced to leave the show. He made it sound like she left the show on her own terms and because of creative differences with the channel, but the actual reason is she stepped back because of the pressure that had been built on her." Informs an associate producer.

The producer says that, "The show was more close to Rajitha because it's based on her parents, like how her father is a Brahmin and mother a kayastha and fell in love in Lucknow back in 1970's. The show was very close to her heart. She had no choice but to maintain a low profile and take the show back through legal means from her co-producer. She has been watching the show and is not too satisfied with the result," adds the associate, he also adds that, " She was even involved in the casting of the actors, conducting workshops and writing hundred episodes in advance. And she is just asking for her rights which is true."

Whereas the Channel is happy with the current producer, Dheeraj Kumar. "The show has been receiving great feedback from everywhere including Lucknow, where the story is based. So we have no complaints so far." Adds the channel spokesperson.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/January/News_20100130_141

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NAKSHFAN_289 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for article..rajitha Sharma is one of the best creative of TV industry..she made a great Yeh rishta with her creative ability..after mrg she left d yeh rishta...n Yeh rishta turn in to one Nightmare..whatever i hope she again join d team of YPNHK...  
charming_chiya thumbnail

O my God! I cant believe it. Seems the show is full of controversies. This is really not acceptable that the person like Dheeraj kumar can be abusive to the working people. I think he is really gone mad. First he made the Rajita out, then another production people and now this is a limit. It is such a irresponsible fact the way they are handling the show. The show that made itself a super hit from the very first day, these people are really spoiling it. I just wish it should go to responsible hands.

It was originally a Rajita's story that has its own charm, i want the show to be back on track, hope Rajita can work on it again peacefully.

Edited by charming_chiya - 14 years ago
sam. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
I hope the channel intervene's and solves the matter between dheeraj kumar and rajita sharma.I have been pretty happy with how the show has been handled so far.I dont want YPNHK to suffer because of two warring parties.
MariQuestFilms thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
God yaar.. just give Rajita her due credit.. don't want anything to effect this show.
aish_punk thumbnail
i think they shud give her the credit..what harm will that do?..!

thnx for the article aysha
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
It will be really really sad if the show suffers due to an ego tussle between 2 parties .. Why don't they think of the 100's of people who are working on & for the show .. to many, its a source of their livelihood! Can't they just sort out their differences and let the show move on in peace? The channel needs to intervene and solve the issue ..

charming_chiya thumbnail

It's barely been a month that Colors prime time daily, Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam has been on air, and it's already being dragged to court. Rajita Sharma who was the co producer of the show until she was allegedly forced into quitting her debut production, has moved court for being denied credit for her creative inputs on the show after the first few episodes.
The writer and now, former co-producer of the show, Sharma wasn't available to comment upon the subject since the matter is subjudice. The case will now be heard next on Friday in Mumbai.
Drama begins According to reports, Rajita Sharma was shown the door because of creative differences, but she was involved in the pre production of the show for eight months before its telecast. An associate of the writerproducer says, that Sharma was given credit in the initial episodes, but subsequently her name was dropped.
"Dheeraj Kumar from Creative Eye had become abusive on the sets. She was working with him for the first time. Rajita couldn't take it after a point and was forced to leave the show. He made it sound like she left the show on her own terms and because of creative differences with the channel, but the actual reason is that she stepped back because of the pressure that had been built on her.
Had the situation been tolerable, she wouldn't have left her most
ambitious debut production," informs an associate on the condition of anonymity.
Reel life love Sources also claim that the story of the soap is also based on Sharma's parents' love saga; how her father, a Brahmin and her mother, a Kayasth met, and fell in love in Lucknow back in the 1970s while studying at the university and so on.
"The show was very close to her heart. She had no choice but to maintain a low profile and take the show back through legal means from her co-producer. She has been watching the show and is not too satisfied with the result," adds the associate, before mentioning that Sharma was instrumental in setting up the show, casting actors, conducting workshops and writing a hundred episodes in advance.
However, Dheeraj Kumar, the current producer of the show says, "The case has no meat.
The channel would be in a better position to comment because they were the ones who got me on board. I am not worried." The channel refused to comment.
The buzz also says that Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam, which top lines Gaurav Khanna and Yami Gautam, might soon have a new producer.
Apparently, the channel is unhappy with the way the producer is treating the show and over the next two months, when it completes a threemonth run, a new producer may be roped in.
"I didn't know the channel was unhappy with my work. I think they are content with the product. The TRPs are quite satisfactory. Why would they look outside for a new producer then?" said Kumar, when updated.
Directing the producer An actor on the condition of anonymity says, "Dheerajji has been making the rounds of the sets quite regularly.
He sometimes even tries to direct the scenes, which is quite funny.
This is because he has been asked to be involved creatively on the show as well."
When asked Kumar, he insists that he visits the sets of all his shows and this show is nothing different. "It's a practice, whether it's Ganesh Leela for Sahara One, or a daily for Doordarshan or Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam. It's not like I treat one show as my own and the others as stepchildren. As for visiting the sets of Yeh Pyar...daily; I haven't been there for the last few days and there is no pressure from Colors either," insists the actor-turned-producer.
According to a spokesperson from Colors, the channel is quite happy with the way the show has turned out and is in no mood for a change of producer. "The show has been receiving great feedback from everywhere including Lucknow, which is where the story is based. So, we have no complaints so far," adds the spokesperson.

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/ArticleImage.aspx?article=30_01_2010_550_002&mode=1Edited by charming_chiya - 14 years ago