India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Samir interview Transcript

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Rakshanda: Hi! Welcome to the show.Now tell me.    Undercover Cop....Why would you do a role like that???

Samir: I think this show and the character is quite different from other shows. It is not typical (before saying something Rakshanda interrupts)

Rakshanda: I think the entire show I mean none of any show is made upon a undercover agent, entirely before.

Samir: I think there have been shows like Thriller but (Again Rakshanda interrupt)

(They both think a lot hehehehehe)

Rakshanda: But non entirely or full length show.

Samir: Ya ya ya...

Rakshanda: The team you lead, called ASTRA, can you tell me more about it?

Samir: ASTRA basically is an Anti Terrorist Squad, like I have said in one of my dialogue "Between Terrorism and our Freedom Is ASTRA"

Rakshanda: Okey. But this is quite different, the approach, means is different. He is not your regular going through the right channel kind of leader.

Samir: No. I don't know in the sense, the way we get shows like you are in Army or Police that he will scream, shout a lot, the reason I liked about the character, as the director told me about it, he is ( again interrupt)

Rakshanda: Understated.

Samir: Yes, he is very understated. He is very quiet person.

Rakshanda:  "Kuch Kuch Apke off Screen Character ke Tarah"

Samir: If you are talking about quietness, yes. So I thought, now I don't have to act much, I just have stay in front of the camera and be myself.

Rakshanda: You prefer non- dialogue

Samir: No, not really. As long as you have a dialogue, they are interesting and excite you. Whether you get 2 pages, 5 pages or one line. And I personally, believe, may be my background has been doing Ads, u know. And in Ads, you get 30 seconds (Again Rakshanda interrupt)

Rakshanda: And not too many lines.

Samir: No. And forget the lines. You get 30 second to make an impact. So, when you are doing a serial, I believe if you are a good actor, your one look can save pages. So incase of upstaging (he says tht I guess), I never felt insecure. And also my background, I mean my first film China Gate which I have 11 people then even in Lajja, 10 other people, big cast, even in Bagbhan, Amitabh Bachan. So I think this is my destiny "ki mereko bade mei chota hi milti". And I have to fight. So.... Anyways its fun

Rakshanda: And you make sure that you make an impact within that much (Samir interrupt this time)

Samir: I love that. Actually very honestly I love the challenges under duke. Infact even in Jassi, when they approach me for Purab character.

Rakshanda: When Purab came, Arman was very popular, very very popular (she said tht as if she is a great fan of Arman, hehehe)

Samir: Yes, when they gave the narration about the character, I told them that they are in trouble because I knew what the character was and I know what I can do with it. And I told them, the way they have narrated the character to me, he is ideal man for Jassi. I did warn them tht they are playing with the fire now. Because I know what I can do with this character. (well have to say he did it very well...........didn't he gurls???)

Rakshanda: Are you planning to do any negative role?

Samir: See Rakshanda. I feel there has to be justification for character. I can't play honestly. I can't play a person or a character negative for a shake of negative (thts wht I heard). So I am saying, negative should be justified why he is behaving. Just being a negative "Ha yeh villia hai and he have to do that". That's I am sorry, either in film or television. I am sorry I just can't do tht. As an actor I need my motivation.

Rakshanda: Tell me what your future plans are. You are doing quite a lot role these days as you wanted to do. Beside that, what do you wish to do? Any other things that u have not fulfilled or achieved??

Samir:  well professionally concern, like I am doing Saaksshi. I am doing Jassi and I am very happy about both the shows.

Rakshanda: Films.....???

Samir: In films. I have a film releasing hopefully in September called "Dance like a Man" which is Anouska Shankar first film and right now I am doing a play. I am rehearsing for a play.

Rakshanda: When is the play starting?

Samir: I have been rehearsing right now. I think October, infact Madira who is also a part of Sony family, I assume. So she and I, two character play.

Then after Rakshanda Thank him for coming and wishes him the very best.

THE END

Listened, seen and transcripted by kanchiWink

Saturday 7.30 IST , sony, Abb Ayega Majja

Edited by kanchi - 14 September 2004 at 2:32am

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

ENJOY!!!!!!

will try to post the pics alsoWink

lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
wow Kanchi... Thanks a lot... great update.. SS sounds like a balanced person..
kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
anything for samir and his fans LakshmiWink
ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 13 September 2004 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
When was this show telecasted ??
kanchi Goldie
kanchi