Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

an interview with rajeev

phoenix Senior Member
phoenix
phoenix

IF Crorepati

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Rajeev Khandelwal

Are you quitting Star Plus' Kahiin To Hoga?
No way. It's just a rumour. When one is successful, people want to talk about him in whatever way they can. The show is very successful and will complete one year in September. People love the character of Sujal Garewal, so there is no question of me quitting it.

When will your contract with Balaji Telefilms end? Will you renew it?
There is no binding contract. But I am going to continue working in the show.

It's being said that you and your co-star Aamna Shariff, who plays Kashish in KTH, are in love?
No, I am not. We have been seen together as a couple on the show for more than six months and so, I guess, people love to link us. The impact of on-screen chemistry is so strong that people come up to me and tell me that we should get married in real life! We share a good working rapport; there is a great comfort level and now since we have won the 'Best Jodi' award in the Star Parivaar Awards, people will talk about us all the more.

The buzz is that you have an arrogant attitude on the sets nowadays.
I have been fortunate enough to be accepted by the masses. Sujal's character has given me the success and recognition which actors normally achieve in three to four years.
It's pretty natural that people are envious of my rising popularity. I haven't changed as a person, but people around me have changed. My simplicity is being misinterpreted. People look for an opportunity to run me down. People who matter to me understand me and know that I am a simple person.
I have become immune to it now and take it positively. Initially when I used to hear or read something negative about myself, I used to get hurt. Now I understand that it is a part and parcel of my success.

Do you think such rumours tarnish your public image?
No. As long as your show is a hit and you are evolving as an actor, you will be accepted and loved by the masses. Take Salman Khan for example. So much has been written against him, yet people love him and want to watch his films.

Are films next on your agenda? Or will you continue acting in television?
I want to be more organized in terms of time management. I am open to films as well as new TV projects. If I get a film and it demands more of my time, I won't do TV for a while. I believe in taking up one thing at a time and doing full justice to it.

If Yash Chopra offers you a film tonight, will you leave KTH?
It is my dream to work with Yash Chopra. If he offers me the role of Amitabh Bachchan's son in a film, I would surely be tempted. I would request him to give me some time. If he wants me in the film, he will understand my situation and that will give my production house enough time to find a replacement.

salma Senior Member
salma
salma

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
This info was fab. Thanx alot phoenix.
*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Thnks for the artical!!
gauri92 Senior Member
gauri92
gauri92

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
 i've already read this article. thanx a lot anywayz
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
I think this article has been posted many times in the forum. If all the members just try not to post articles dated long back then this problem will be solved. Thia particular article was of the month August 2004.
sujal_kedeewani Newbie
sujal_kedeewani
sujal_kedeewani

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:40am | IP Logged
thnx lot
mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:50am | IP Logged
ive read it anyways thanx
phoenix Senior Member
phoenix