CID
CID

India-Forums

ACP arrest episodes in retrospective

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
I've posted the same message in the competition thread as well. I am sure I will get some red faces in reply.

I've mentioned right from the beginning that they will spoil the entire 5 mins of Abhijeet's acting if they show that they are faking the arrest (and the shooting). It gives us a disappointed feeling. I am not sure if many of you will admit this. Look at the video of last week's episode. Can you view it with the same emotion even now?

From a little bit I know of human psychology, I know that our hearts reach out to people when they are in trouble. Not when they are shown are super heroes. Now, think back - when did our hearts reach out to Daya? When he was shot in Behroopiya, when he was shut in a glass chamber with a bomb under his foot, when his family was taken hostage, when he was falsely accused of murder(on 2 instances) etc etc.

The same  with Abhijeet...there was an old episode yesterday -The Revenge of the criminal where he was framed of murder. How relieved we felt when his name was cleared and how much we loved the warm handshake between Daya and Abhijeet in the end?

Now how would we feel if they come back in the end and tell you that Daya was faking his death in the hospital and all those emotional scenes by Abhijeet were just for the benefit of a stupid press reporter? We wouldn't feel the same about Daya the way we are feeling now.

We sometimes need to see the vulnerable side of people to love them more. ACP Pradyuman also has to be shown as being 'human' once in a while, not a 'superhuman' who knows everything in the world. From the time they showed the shooting in the promo, I knew they were faking the whole thing. I know that Abhijeet would NEVER shoot at the ACP.

They could have made a much better story if they had genuinely shown ACP under arrest and the others hunting for whoever has framed him. And for once he could have thanked his juinors for having rescued him out of the mess. I am sure our hearts would have reached out to him. Whether some of you admit it or not, we all love him slightly less than how much we love Daya and Abhijeet.

Edited by visrom - 29 January 2010 at 8:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

prasunamurty_85bento-SNEHAL-

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
I guess they wanted to entertain their audiences. Yes, I agree that this whole emotional scene held no value at the end of it all. But it was good overall and we felt something for Vivek also. We realized that we like Vivek too and that we would cry if anything happened to him. Also, we learnt that Freddy's wife's name is "Manisha" and actually got to see her. It was a good episode all in all. Although I don't understand that why Abhijit and Daya weren't emotional when they were investigtaing....they should've been looking dull.
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

I guess they wanted to entertain their audiences. Yes, I agree that this whole emotional scene held no value at the end of it all. But it was good overall and we felt something for Vivek also. We realized that we like Vivek too and that we would cry if anything happened to him. Also, we learnt that Freddy's wife's name is "Manisha" and actually got to see her. It was a good episode all in all. Although I don't understand that why Abhijit and Daya weren't emotional when they were investigtaing....they should've been looking dull.

Do you think it would have been less entertaining without shooting the ACP and faking his death. That part could have been deleted. Let the remaining stuff be the way it was shown yesterday.
Abhijeet could have got a photo/sketch of ACP's friend from the ACP himself and gone searching for him, as was shown yesterday. After catching the bomber, Abhijeet could've gone to the lock up and released ACP, and said  'sorry for arresting you Sir, I had to do my duty'. It would have made this episode one of the best episodes in the history of CID.

They keep lying and faking so often that now even when they speak the truth, we'll not believe them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosia-SNEHAL-

wanderer Groupbie
wanderer
wanderer

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
But that has been the case nowadays. Super inflated and totally misleading promos. Remember the 17th Jan promo, where Abhijeet was shown to have been hit on his head? It was nothing ,when finally the episode was aired. Similarly even the awards promo. The way they had shown in the promo, I thought maybe the whole CID team had individual acts. Hadn't we wondered what the ACP would be doing on the stage other than "kuch toh gadbad hai?"LOL I think the person who is directing the promos is clearly a gifted person.Tongue

Anyway, coming to yesterday's episode, I think it proved to be very thrilling bcz the end had not been leaked. Somehow the news channels didn't have an idea of the end nor did we. There was a slight chance that the ACP would leave after a glorious run of 12 years......though highly doubtful. I for one, was least interested in the case. The only suspense for me was whether ACP is coming back.Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prasunamurty_85

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wanderer

But that has been the case nowadays. Super inflated and totally misleading promos. Remember the 17th Jan promo, where Abhijeet was shown to have been hit on his head? It was nothing ,when finally the episode was aired. Similarly even the awards promo. The way they had shown in the promo, I thought maybe the whole CID team had individual acts. Hadn't we wondered what the ACP would be doing on the stage other than "kuch toh gadbad hai?"LOL I think the person who is directing the promos is clearly a gifted person.Tongue

Anyway, coming to yesterday's episode, I think it proved to be very thrilling bcz the end had not been leaked. Somehow the news channels didn't have an idea of the end nor did we. There was a slight chance that the ACP would leave after a glorious run of 12 years......though highly doubtful. I for one, was least interested in the case. The only suspense for me was whether ACP is coming back.Tongue
I'll tell you what they are doing...they design a 'SUPER' promo first to increase viewership and then write a stupid story around the promo. Last week's promo...of a teary eyed Abhijeet, saying that he is confused between evidences and his heart...was it ever the case? He always knew that the ACP is ordering him to arrest. So...all those emotions were fake. This is SICK.
teju_g IF-Dazzler
teju_g
teju_g

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
any one observed in forensic lab for scolding abhijeet daya was laughfing.
wanderer Groupbie
wanderer
wanderer

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I'll tell you what they are doing...they design a 'SUPER' promo first to increase viewership and then write a stupid story around the promo. Last week's promo...of a teary eyed Abhijeet, saying that he is confused between evidences and his heart...was it ever the case? He always knew that the ACP is ordering him to arrest. So...all those emotions were fake. This is SICK.

Plz do not give it so much importance. Just enjoy.LOL See, we already knew nothing can happen to the supergod ACP, nor will Abhijeet or Daya do a nothing against their beloved Acp. Yesterday's episode was fun actually. A befitting anniversary episode. It had twists and turns and nail biting finish. Even though I suspected it, when I actually saw ACP hale and hearty I cheeredEmbarrassed
The point is do not give importance to promo nor try to analyze them.

As I said earlier the only point that the promo confirms is that its director is gifted.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosiavisrom

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 29 January 2010 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by visrom

Plz do not give it so much importance. Just enjoy.LOL See, we already knew nothing can happen to the supergod ACP, nor will Abhijeet or Daya do a nothing against their beloved Acp. Yesterday's episode was fun actually. A befitting anniversary episode. It had twists and turns and nail biting finish. Even though I suspected it, when I actually saw ACP hale and hearty I cheeredEmbarrassed
The point is do not give importance to promo nor try to analyze them.

As I said earlier the only point that the promo confirms is that its director is gifted.LOL
The director of the promo...I wish s/he takes over the reins from the director of the episode. We are watching re-runs of episodes that were aired 12 years back and enjoying them even now, purely for the drama, plot and chemistry between the actors.

Looking back, even the Behroopiya one was good...at least the emotions were real.

I don't think we'll enjoy the re runs of the recent episodes after 12 years.

I feel a bit strongly about this, because I feel cheated by Abhijeet in last week's episode and promo. Cry

Edited by visrom - 29 January 2010 at 9:15pm

Go to top