Page 2 Page 2

-Amisha-

Goldie

-Amisha-

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Karan, Gauri asked to leave film trial
By: Sonali Velinker Kamat and Upala KBR 
February 1, 2005

Some of the film industry's biggest names are seething in silence.

Last Monday, Karan Johar and Gauri Khan were forced to leave a private screening of Shabd at Famous Studios, Mahalaxmi because, apparently, the producer Rangita Nandy did not want them to watch the film.

The show, organised by Sanjay Dutt for Kaajal Anand and a handful of close friends, was delayed considerably because of a disagreement over how Johar and Shah Rukh Khan's wife were at the venue. "Sanju (Dutt) knew who all Kaajal had invited.

Everyone was just waiting around for the show to start when Karan and Gauri realised that Rangita had refused to start the show unless they left the theatre," says a guest, adding, "They were very dignified about it. They just left. But Karan was very upset."

We are told that despite calls from Sanjay Dutt and requests from Kaajal Anand, Rangita would not relent, refusing to screen the film in their presence.

"Yes, this did happen," Kaajal Anand confirms, "and it is the worst display of manners I've ever seen in my life. The irony is that she (Rangita) went through all that and has since been begging for forgiveness at Shah Rukh and Karan's doors, so I really don't get the point of it all."

Sanjay Dutt, who was absent at the trial though he arranged for it to be held, doesn't deny the incident but says, "It has got nothing to do with me. Please don't ask me about it."

The usually honest and upfront Karan Johar too prefers to keep a cool silence. Without denying the episode he simply says, "No comments."

When contacted, Rangita Nandy, creative director of Pritish Nandy Communications, refused to confirm the incident. At first she responded with, "I'm too busy to discuss this," and stated later, "Nothing like this happened."

Nandy's public relations executive adds, "We ourselves are amazed at how this rumour has come about," despite being informed that all the others involved have confirmed the story.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Karan, Gauri asked to leave film trial" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
thanks amisha!!  geez that was reeeeeeeeeally rude!! Confused  what's the problem with Gauri and Karan seeing it????? ConfusedConfusedConfused

queenbee

Goldie

queenbee

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjali308

thanks amisha!!  geez that was reeeeeeeeeally rude!! Confused  what's the problem with Gauri and Karan seeing it????? ConfusedConfusedConfused

Totally!!

And whoever invited them shoud've stood up for them!!!

rouble

rouble

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:37am | IP Logged
thanks for the article amsiha!

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

that was really mean and i agree that whoeva invited them should've stood up for them!

-Amisha-

Goldie

-Amisha-

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Your welcome guys. And I agree with u Anju, it was rude to ask them to leave!

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Goldie

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:24am | IP Logged

I AGREE WITH ANJALI..

THAT'S SOOOOOOOOOO RUDE!!!(TO ASK KARAN N GAURIT O LEAVE..)

HOW CAN ANYONE DO THAT!!!!

Edited by S.T.U.P.I.D. - 03 February 2005 at 5:24am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top