jingle

IF-Veteran Member

jingle

Posted: 18 November 2005 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Goodbye, Dolly!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 18, 2005

Dolly Sohi
Dolly Sohi bids adieu to the afternoon soap Bhabhi on December 17. The main protagonist of this Star Plus drama is calling it a day, to relocate abroad.

Ever since her marriage to Canada-based software engineer, Avneet Dhanowa, in March this year, there has been speculation that she will quit this UTV-produced serial.

"It was bound to happen. When I decided to get married to Avneet, I knew that I would have to leave Mumbai. He is based in Victoria, Canada, and that will be my home from next month," she reasons.

Promises to keep

The actress says she took her "own time to move out of Mumbai. When I tied the knot, it was difficult to immediately quit, due to my professional commitments. Anyway, post-marriage, I had already sounded off UTV that I would stay on till December," she says.

Dolly now keeps her word and has informed UTV of her decision. "I have told them that I would like to be relieved on December 17. My husband wants me to be in Canada for Christmas and New Year."

Tough calls

This decision was not easy for her. "It is now finally sinking in that I have to leave everything here and go. Each passing day makes me more emotional. I have been in Bhabhi for three years. I will miss the shoots; now, when I shoot, I am engulfed with a strange feeling. I don't know what to pack and what to leave behind. My mother, too, has gone into emotional mode. She tells me, 'I will have to see your empty room from next month'."

Life goes on

Dolly is, however, taking it all in her stride. "I guess there are some decisions you have to take. And life goes on. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the character of Saroj in Bhabhi. I am really thankful to UTV for being accommodating during my marriage and honeymoon." About rumours that UTV is a bad paymaster, she says, "That's untrue. They have always paid on time."

On the personal front, for Dolly this is going to be her bidaai. "My relatives are all coming down from Punjab to say farewell to me. I can just imagine what's going to happen at the airport."

She is as yet undecided about what she will do in Canada. "I will chill for some months. It's freezing cold there, now. Then I will decide what to do," says Dolly, who was earlier seen in the Balaji soap, Kalash aired on Star Plus.

[email protected]

Dolly Sohi and Avneet Dhanowa on their wedding day
How they met...

Dolly Sohi met Canada-based Avneet Dhanowa through common friend, actress Preeti Sapru.

They were engaged within a month and married six months later, in March this year, at Amritsar.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "dolly -bhabi" in Other Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top