Scared to death - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
what about ghosts with their feet backwards? πŸ˜†... what's that all about?
Originally posted by: P1nk

really homygod, do they have rats in homes as well?

lol.. nahi yaaar.. i haven't seen any.. but i am sure you'll find them in the slums..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

New York Tops a List for Rat Risk Factors

By SEWELL CHAN

Risk assessment is a concept often used by engineers, insurance companies and public health authorities. But can the concept be applied to the common rat, that most mundane of urban vermin? According to a paper prepared by Dale E. Kaukeinen and Bruce A. Colvin, two independent pest management experts, it can.

In an 11-page research paper [pdf] financed by the pest-control industry, the two men looked at 32 large American cities and concluded that New York is the city most at risk of rodent infestations. (Some reportshave described this as a "rat attack." Mr. Colvin, in a phone interview, said he was not familiar with that term and called it an exaggeration.)

The findings were based on 14 criteria, including population size and density, poverty rates, extent of port and transit facilities, and city spending on housing, sewers, trash management and utilities. The researchers also took into account climatic factors, like total rainfall and days of sunshine.

After New York, the cities considered most at risk for rodent problems were Houston, Boston, Louisville, Ky., Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Chicago, El Paso, Tex., and Milwaukee.

"Among the cites we looked at, the conditions in New York City are the most conducive to having a rodent problem now and a rodent problem in the future," said Mr. Colvin, who is based in Lynnfield, Mass. He said the city's age and high population density helped make it the top-ranked city.

Mr. Colvin said that he and Mr. Kaukeinen would submit the research for publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The study was paid for by d-CON, a manufacturer of mice and rat poisons.

In an article published last December, I chronicled the city's continuing efforts to control rodents in various city neighborhoods and profiled Robert M. Corrigan, one of the country's foremost rat experts, who leads a Rodent Academy for city employees.

Despite these efforts, the city's rat problem has persisted, exemplified, most notably, by the discovery in February of a horde of rats in a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant in Greenwich Village, which prompted the Health Department to implement several reforms in how it conducts inspections.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/new-york-tops-a-list-for-rat-risk-factors/?pagemode=print

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Meena1

..share share..πŸ˜ƒ

Well, OK, initially it sounded very unbeliveable, but other relatives said that it was true. When my grandfather was young(10 maybe), he and his younger sister were playing in their old bungalow in Kolkata. They suddenly heard a creak of the bed(you know how old Indian four-poster beds can be) and saw a really old woman, fully naked and bones projecting out of her body. She was doing uthak-bathaks with her hands on her ears and was looking straight at them, iwth eyeballs popping out. Of course you're gonna laugh now, but believe me it's true. The house was bulid during the British era, about 200 years old now.
Originally posted by: Emptiness

what about ghosts with their feet backwards? πŸ˜†... what's that all about?

hahahahha.. i never understoood that.. but apparently only desi ghosts have that feature.. never seen that in american movies..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: debayon

Well, OK, initially it sounded very unbeliveable, but other relatives said that it was true. When my grandfather was young(10 maybe), he and his younger sister were playing in their old bungalow in Kolkata. They suddenly heard a creak of the bed(you know how old Indian four-poster beds can be) and saw a really old woman, fully naked and bones projecting out of her body. She was doing uthak-bathaks with her hands on her ears and was looking straight at them, iwth eyeballs popping out. Of course you're gonna laugh now, but believe me it's true. The house was bulid during the British era, about 200 years old now.

Whoa...😲.. that is scary....😲.. 

where was the lady.. on their bed..?? 😲😲 how close to them was she..😲
Originally posted by: P1nk

really homygod, do they have rats in homes as well?

Enjoy..!!  πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0U37w2tws[/YOUTUBE]

debayon thumbnail
Originally posted by: Meena1

Whoa...😲.. that is scary....😲.. 

where was the lady.. on their bed..?? 😲😲 how close to them was she..😲

not on the bed, what do you mean?😲 About 50 feet. His sister fainted while he was stunned but then shouted for his mom, who was visiting their neighbour. By the time they came back, she was gone.😲
^^ thats scary Debuu...😲
debayon thumbnail
Also, when my grandfather had married my grandmother and my mom and my uncle were born, they went to Chunar, which is a hill station in Rajasthan. One noght, my grandfather woke up to take a dumpπŸ˜†, and while he was doing so, he heard a raspy voice from outside saying "Kidhar jata hai?" He then went out and asked the security guard if there was anyone around and he said he hadn't seen anyone enter😲 However, he did say that about a mile away was a cemetery which had been abandoned😲😲  The next day, they heard that someone was leaving because they heard the same thing and apparently, their child had woke up screaming and saying that someone with a bad breath had been sitting on her.😲😲 I guess the spirit had forgotten his Orbit.πŸ˜†
^^

yea.. i often here of stories that houses close to cemeteries often experience such things.. i personally dont  know anyone who lives close to one..