Thoughts(poems)4th August2011-Radhika page 55 - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Misti,

Very well written description of Radhika's persona.  She is such a serious person for somebody who is only 20 years old.  She rarely smiles and does not understand jokes.  When Vaishali was joking with he about making everything that Dev likes, she remained serious.  Vaishali had to assure her that she was joking. 

Dev is the only person whom she teases or with whom she smiles or laughs.  Even with him initially, she wouldn't do that.  But, then during the engagement, she started opening up and starting smiling with him, teasing him and even sharing things with him (her dialogue to Dev when she was talking about Vishaka - she said that she knows it wasn't his fault but he was the only one with whom she could have heart to heart).  Now, after the wedding she is quite open with him comparatively.  But, with Vishaka incident, she is back to hiding things from him as he so sternly told her not to talk about Vishaka.

In that sense, Dev and Radhika are totally suited to each other as they polar opposites.  He is so gregarious, sharing every thought with her and she is so guarded and mute (mitbhashi in hindi).  He likes to play pranks and she only talks about serious stuff.  He is very impulsive and she is very analytical except when it comes to Amma and Vishaka. 

I hope the creatives show that Dev finds out about Vishaka first before any other family member.  They need to have this conversation by themselves without any interruption from good family members and bad Purohits. 
really good poem misti and agree with u,,,if one word would describe her whole journey ,,,the word would be silence,,silence has ruled oever rad for a very long time and we want that she should open up now,,may be to dev atleast...

also creatives have given very less dialogues to this character,,,i think she speaks a volume only when she is infront of vishakha (to console or help her out) and devki,,,,she has never spoken too much before dev and her father,,who love her more than she can imagine...

but also when she speaks wisely ,,,she sometimes just does that before
mrin or amma,,,and also at wrong time,,,by which they become more conscious of their evil plans and thus her speech backfires ...

she should break her silence before dev and dadi and should come into action before vish,amma and mircha gang...all the time she does the opposite,,,

but i also love her one line romantic statements(to dev) ,,,that speaks volumes about her feelings

just one instance (remember when dev said to her what promise or vachan she wants to take or simply what she wants----she just said that if dev becomes her lifepartner(husband),,she will get everything and her every wish will be fulfilled)

Originally posted by why3

Misti,

Very well written description of Radhika's persona.  She is such a serious person for somebody who is only 20 years old.  She rarely smiles and does not understand jokes.  When Vaishali was joking with he about making everything that Dev likes, she remained serious.  Vaishali had to assure her that she was joking. 

Dev is the only person whom she teases or with whom she smiles or laughs.  Even with him initially, she wouldn't do that.  But, then during the engagement, she started opening up and starting smiling with him, teasing him and even sharing things with him (her dialogue to Dev when she was talking about Vishaka - she said that she knows it wasn't his fault but he was the only one with whom she could have heart to heart).  Now, after the wedding she is quite open with him comparatively.  But, with Vishaka incident, she is back to hiding things from him as he so sternly told her not to talk about Vishaka.

In that sense, Dev and Radhika are totally suited to each other as they polar opposites.  He is so gregarious, sharing every thought with her and she is so guarded and mute (mitbhashi in hindi).  He likes to play pranks and she only talks about serious stuff.  He is very impulsive and she is very analytical except when it comes to Amma and Vishaka. 

I hope the creatives show that Dev finds out about Vishaka first before any other family member.  They need to have this conversation by themselves without any interruption from good family members and bad Purohits. 

Angie even I will have problems understanding Vaishalis humour at that point.....probably will be apprehensive. Till the moment when Vaishali overhears Dev and Radhikas conversation and does an about turn, Radhika knew that Vaishali does not like her and did not want Dev to marry her........Vaishali has also been openly hostile towards her when no one.........I mean Dev was around. The suddenly if Vaishali starts joking with her.........Radhika will be confused.........heck even I was confused!

Radhika jokes with Dev because she is comfortable with him and as u have said they both are complete opposite in nature and most probably will balance each other in the future.

Lets see whst they have in store for us today.
Edited by misti73 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by shinyclassic

really good poem misti and agree with u,,,if one word would describe her whole journey ,,,the word would be silence,,silence has ruled oever rad for a very long time and we want that she should open up now,,may be to dev atleast...

also creatives have given very less dialogues to this character,,,i think she speaks a volume only when she is infront of vishakha (to console or help her out) and devki,,,,she has never spoken too much before dev and her father,,who love her more than she can imagine...

but also when she speaks wisely ,,,she sometimes just does that before
mrin or amma,,,and also at wrong time,,,by which they become more conscious of their evil plans and thus her speech backfires ...

she should break her silence before dev and dadi and should come into action before vish,amma and mircha gang...all the time she does the opposite,,,

but i also love her one line romantic statements(to dev) ,,,that speaks volumes about her feelings

just one instance (remember when dev said to her what promise or vachan she wants to take or simply what she wants----she just said that if dev becomes her lifepartner(husband),,she will get everything and her every wish will be fulfilled)

Thank you Shiny. My problem is not with less dailogues...........that is fine because it goes well with the characters nature.......it is the quality of dialogue. Sometimes one can say a lot in just a couple of sentences.........one doesn't need to give a sermon or "bhashan" all the time.  For example when she was pleading with Dev to let Vishaka attend the wedding........she had mentioned that she is doing this for the people who have given her shelter........this was true but she should have or the creatives should have thought that what about Dev and his family?...........it would have been better if Radhika had instead said that Vishaka is a part of our past...........and both Dev and the purohit family have to face it and not cover it up as they are doing..........until Vishaka has been dealt with she will always remain between Radhika and Dev in Devs mind.............also Purohit family...........mainly dadima. This would also have been more palatable to the viewers and they would have been happy that Radhika thought from this angle.
                         Trust

As I was wandering aimlessly

A thought crept up to me surreptiously,

Love without trust is an empty notion

That drains the soul of emotion.

For trust is the key that makes heart beat

It also keeps us away from defeat

When we think we are all alone

Faith in others is what keeps us from being lone.

Without trust life is full of qualms

That makes us live begging for alms

Looking over the shoulder with fear

For breaking the heart of those who are dear.

Trust without reason is also not good

It is like walking with eyes under a hood

We do not realize what is in front of our sight

And then it becomes too late rectify the slight.

Once trust is broken there is no gain

Although life carries on, it is full of pain

Even if love is there, it is in vain

For faith once gone is very hard to regain.

I don't think I need to explain why I chose trust as the main thing that struck me today...........if only Radhika trusts Dev, then all her problems will be halved and they can be solved........if only Dev opens his eyes and really looks at Radhika, he can see what is there in her eyes........if only.......if only.........

Todays episode left me with a hollow feeling........

Misti,

Love the last four lines.  Today's episode was quite interesting.  If the writers are doing it in the same way as members are here analyzing it, then I am okay with this track.  Actually, it is not Vishaka who is coming between Dev and Radhika.  She never could even when Dev believed himself to be married to Vishaka.  It was always Dev and Radhika together in all the rituals, important conversations and events.  It is Radhika's lack of trust or her habit of hiding things that is coming between them.  Today, Dev's part was quite beautiful.  It is great that he silenced Mrin with two lines that any matters concerning with Radhika or Dev are private between them two.  Also, his trust in her is complete whereas it is opposite for Radhika.

Dev's actions should have indicated to Radhika that she can trust him as he shows such a great understanding of her feelings.  He knows that she doesn't spend money on herself or go out without telling for her own self interest unlike Vishaka.  So, even if Mrin finds out about Vishaka (probably early next week or tomorrow), he wouldn't take her word and question Radhika.  I think this would be Radhika's punishment in this track that Dev would lose that blind trust in her.  The question is will Radhika be able to change and earn it back or will she continue on the same path where she asks for forgiveness until the next time.

So, this track would be good if Dev finds out about Vishaka even if Radhika doesn't tell him.  He needs to confront Radhika about her lack of trust in him.  Actually, Radhika hasn't really crossed the boundaries in some sense so far.  She hasn't brought Vishaka to her home and she hasn't used the money from safe to pay for Vishaka's stay at the hotel.  She asked Dev for money on which she has a right as a wife.  So, she is spending that money for Vishaka.  She also hasn't lied to Dev.  So, there is some growth that way.  But, her big mistake is still going behind his back and risking putting her RP duties on line for Vishaka.  Again, if this track leads to Radhika learning her lesson and getting some strength then it is great.  Otherwise, if it is like Amma and Radhika's relationship where Amma can do whatever and Radhika still listens, then this show is doomed anyway.
Angie.....it was always Radhikas insecurity and lack of trust in Dev that will be a wall between them. Until she lets go of her fear and her habit of solving problems on her own, she will never be able to build a strong relationship with Dev. Also for Dev he has to set boundaries, because once this trust is broken or even if there is a slight chink in his trust, that can be used by other people to bring them down...

All this moon and baby talk is driving me up the wall..........to me instead of sitting and swinging on the swing, I would have prefered if they had a decent conversation........to me that will be more romantic.

Misti,

The problem with Dev is that he has always seen the good side of Radhika.  He doesn't know about the first wedding.  So, has always thought that Radhika gave him because of his marriage to Vishaka.  When she was living at his house, he saw her serving everyone selflessly.  He doesn't know that a lot of her actions were because she was trying to do her duties as CB.  He has seen her strong when dealing with Shastriji's expulsion from Vrindavan. 

He has done some her done some dumb things for Vishaka such as going to producer's house etc.  But, he doesn't know the extent of her loyalty or obligation towards her family.  He thinks that since her "Patni Dharam" is so big for her, she would never do anything once he has forbidden it.  Now that Vishaka is considered "Poison" as far as both families are concerned, he is not even thinking that.  In any case, his mind is quite one track these days.  All he thinks about is his lunar eclipse night and their probable baby in the future.

So, either it has to be Radhika who is honest (doesn't seem likely at this time) or he finds out the things the hard way.  The track is moving towards him finding things the hard way.  Hopefully, he will have serious conversation with Radhika after that and start setting up some boundaries.  Again, hopefully Radhika will learn the folly of hiding things and would grow into a stronger person.  It all depends on these writers.  Knowing these writers, it would be full of melodrama with Mrin exposing Radhika, Dev initially disbelieving Mrin and then finally realizing the truth.  He will feel betrayed with Radhika asking for forgiveness.  The question is what they do afterwards.  Increase their misunderstandings or have a genuine non-moon, non wedding night, non balgopal conversation without any comments from Vaishali and Dadi and taunts from the evil trio.  Honestly, they were showing a flat screen TV and a stereo in Radhika and Dev's rooms.  They don't even show them talking about any common interests - reading, poetry, film songs etc.   Dev is always giving flowers or jewelry to Radhika.  What if he finds out that she knows some instrument such as harmonium, tabla, sitar etc.  What about a gift related to that?  CDs of devotional music and maybe some light music? 

There has to be some commonality otherwise the whole moon talk and baby talk would eventually get boring.  But, then nobody shows this kind of stuff in any soap anyway.  All the conversations are either geared towards some love talk or melodrama of betrayal, deception etc.
Originally posted by why3

Misti,

Actually, it is not Vishaka who is coming between Dev and Radhika.  She never could even when Dev believed himself to be married to Vishaka.  It was always Dev and Radhika together in all the rituals, important conversations and events.  It is Radhika's lack of trust or her habit of hiding things that is coming between them.  Today, Dev's part was quite beautiful.  It is great that he silenced Mrin with two lines that any matters concerning with Radhika or Dev are private between them two.  Also, his trust in her is complete whereas it is opposite for Radhika.

Actually, Radhika hasn't really crossed the boundaries in some sense so far.  She hasn't brought Vishaka to her home and she hasn't used the money from safe to pay for Vishaka's stay at the hotel.  She asked Dev for money on which she has a right as a wife.  So, she is spending that money for Vishaka.  She also hasn't lied to Dev.  So, there is some growth that way.  But, her big mistake is still going behind his back and risking putting her RP duties on line for Vishaka.  Again, if this track leads to Radhika learning her lesson and getting some strength then it is great.  Otherwise, if it is like Amma and Radhika's relationship where Amma can do whatever and Radhika still listens, then this show is doomed anyway.
why3, u have hit the right nail.. It is Radhika's silence which is coming between RaDev's smooth relationship otherwise they are perfectly moulded... If she rmoves this habit of her's then an army of villians can also not destroy RaDev's relation, so strong is their relationship...

Yes even I agree that she has yet not crossed her boundaries except hiding things from Dev.. If she comes out clean with him then nothing else is required.. Even if Mrinalini gets Visakha in front of everyone tomorrow and blames Rad's for helping Vish, no one can dare point a finger at Rad's due to Dev's strong support... In fact I was quite happy and surprised when she asked money frm Dev, I had thought that she would sell her bangles which were gifted by Dev to pay the hotel bills...

Even I want to see a growth in Rad's character and if that happens thru this track then even I am fine with it

Misti, a very well written poem.. Am happy that u have started this thread and have decided to post all ur poem together in one post itself😊

Trust without reason is also not good

It is like walking with eyes under a hood

We do not realize what is in front of our eye

And then it becomes too late rectify.

Misti ... loved the poem  👏   and loved these 4 lines especially

The degree of trust that Dev has in Rads is amazing.  I strongly believe that he is never going to mistrust her ... maybe angry with her but will always believe that whatever she does is with the best of intentions.   He has to find out the hard way that she lied to him bcos he basically is without pretensions esp with her.   He lays his soul bare and does not hide anything from her. 

He has had ample reasons to distrust her ... but chooses not to and does not question any of her actions, however bizarre they may seem.  I have always been anxious as to what the last straw would be for Dev ... but even her going out alone to meet Vik in Vrin did not make him angry as I thought it would.  he seemed to forgive her easily