*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
'DEAD END' SETS EXAMPLE FOR FILM INDUSTRY

By Kaydee

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Sandeep Chowta's directorial debut 'Dead End' is all set to put the electronic and print media on fire. The 10-minute film has definitely put the renowned music director on a higher pedestal as far as the influential media circles go. Starring ex-VIVA girls band with Anushka Manchanda and Mahua Kamat and three well-known models Gautam Nagrath, Sumit Mishra and Ben Thomas, the movie revolves around the group of five friends and their adventure with drugs.

It shows how the "slow poison" brings about temperamental changes in a casual user. The movie is produced by a seventeen-year-old college student Tanya Khubchandani. The special show of 'Dead End' was organized in the capital city and was attended by Chowta himself. Smashits talked to Sandeep Chowta briefly about his debut as a director and his future plans.

Excerpts of his recent tete-e-tete:

What is 'Dead End' all about?

click for larger view
'Dead End' is the story of five friends who are drug addicts. The movie shows how drugs capture the mind of the youth make them part with their family and sometimes even their life.

What inspired you to make this movie?

click for larger view
Our society has so many major problems, in drug addiction being one of them exploiting our generation. It hurts me to see the degeneration in society and therefore I decided to work on these projects. Also, many times I noticed that there were families within my reach, which were gradually getting destroyed because of this vicious problem. And there was nobody to take this seriously.

What is the reason that you have chosen all the new starcast in this movie instead of famous stars?

click for larger view
First of all the movie is made by an NGO which means we were very short of money. If we signed any big stars the producers would have had to pay much more. But I know the body language of all the stars who have acted in this movie. The same problem of meager resources arises when we have to promote the film. Therefore, I decided to rope in the media and seek their help to reach a higher audience.

In how many days did you complete this movie?

I have completed the movie in one day because the entire plot was ready in my mind.

'Dead End' is your debut as a director. Have you done any homework before shooting this movie?

Yes, I did lots of homework and studied the subject very deeply. That's why I completed the movie in a day. I have done everything pat before saying action.

Is this your new avatar - Chowta the director?

No, it is not like that. Music is my first love, and will remain so. Whatever I am today is due to my music and I don't want to give a backseat to music.

What are your other projects as a film director?

As I told you earlier, I want to concentrate on my music only. But I am planning to make more movies such as these, each with a social message, so that we can spread awareness among the people.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'DEAD END' SETS EXAMPLE FOR FILM INDUSTRY" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

abladabla

abladabla

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing..

queenbee

Goldie

queenbee

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Way to go, Sandeep!!! ClapClapClap

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24