*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
KAMAL HASSAN: I AM BOLLYWOOD'S GUEST

By Naresh Kumar

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Kamal Hassan is an actor as well as producer who has been shuttling between Bollywood and the Southern film world. He would soon be seen in his latest 'Mumbai Express'. He has warned the audience that if anyone has undergone an appendicitis operation he may better avoid watching it otherwise he or she might get the stitches opened. We met the actor recently and talked to him about 'Mumbai Express'.

Excerpts of our interview with him:

What is 'Mumbai Express' all about?

This is the story of a young man named Avinash who lives alone in Mumbai. He has no aim and wanders from one place to another. The movie has nothing to do with any train or railway station as the name indicates.

Why did you title it 'Mumbai Express'?

This is because Avinash's friends call him by this name. He rides on a motorbike in the well of death. He rides very fast. So, he is called 'Mumbai Express'.

Is the movie based on a circus?

Not at all. One has to do something to earn his livelihood. So, Avinash rides a motorbike in the well of death.

What's the story of the movie?

click for larger view
I won't tell you the story. You please watch it on the screen. However, I may briefly tell you that this is a comedy of error type. I want to entertain the viewers. I believe that one can give a message through entertainment only. So, it's a comedy. But I have not forcibly put comedy in it. It's natural. Many things happen in one's life that make others laugh. However, these things are serious for the one who passes through them. I shall therefore advise that those who have had appendicitis operation better avoid it. I am dead sure that their stitches might loosen, as it is full of laughter.

You are a good actor, why then use gimmicks?

click for larger view
I am a good actor. So, I use gimmicks. One couldn't go to his viewers every time with a new face. The viewers have high expectation from an actor. They want to watch their actor differently. I do not consider myself a star. I am an actor only. So I want to appear on screen as an actor. I make money. Hence I play gimmicks.

Is the movie made in Hindi only?

No, it's being made in Hindi as well as Tamil.

Why didn't you succeed in Bollywood?

Success or failure is insignificant for me. Since films are my life, I shall continue doing them. I have acted in many Bollywood films. I have even produced some.

Why do you go to Bollywood too often?

I believe that Bollywood respects its guests. I have experienced it too. So, I go to Bollywood like a guest, and it gives me respect.

Why did you replace Tabu with Manisha Koirala in this movie?

click for larger view
First, I talked to Tabu and she agreed. But she declined later. Then I asked Bipasha Basu, but it didn't click. When I asked Manisha, she accepted instantaneously. Om Puri and Vijayraj are also there. I am grateful to Manisha. She is a good friend. That's why she agreed at the last moment.

You are a good actor, writer, director and producer, which one you like the most?

First, I am an actor, then a writer, later a producer and last of all a director. Since films are my life, so anything connected with them interests me.

You have played all types of roles. What would you do now?

I have many things to do. I want to direct movies. Still, there remain many more things to do.

What's your comment on Mumbai?

I like Mumbai. I have shot 'Mumbai Express' in a jhuggi of Santa Cruz in Mumbai. I wish to salute Mumbaikars for their way of life. Mumbai is a city that fulfils one's dream. I have tried to show this in 'Mumbai Express'.

When do you intend to release 'Mumbai Express'?

I began shooting it in November, and have completed it too. We wish to release it very soon, both in Hindi and Tamil.

What next?

I am working on a script. I shall direct it. However, I shall talk about it later. First, watch 'Mumbai Express'.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""I AM BOLLYWOOD'S GUEST"" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

queenbee

Goldie

queenbee

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Thanks Sapna! Smile

Lets see how the promos shape up.. though I like Kamal Hassan's acting .. too good

rouble

rouble

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 9:33am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 10:34am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing sapna

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24