Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

PR reloaded-FF-Pt 66 Pg 148, 27/4/11 (Page 5)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 30 January 2010 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
  Okay here is part 3. Its a very short one. The next part is the one which will be the defining moment of ArMan relationship.

PART 3

AN ATTEMPT... AND A SHOCK

Manav sat silently on the sofa of the plush office of the Multinational Company. There were people all about, some of them staring in amazement at why a rugged person wearing a loose check shirt with a spot of grease and jeans with chappals was waiting to meet the person at such a big post. Why?

Why indeed, thought Manav. The last 72 hours had gone by so fast. He had gone to the temple, his faith in Bappa strengthened. To top it, he had seen Archana at the temple too and had congratulated her in his heart. He was still wearing the red and yellow holy thread that the pundit had tied on to his wrist, saying it would fulfill every desire of his heart.

And then doom had struck. He had entered a brothel to pull out an astonished and visibly shocked Archana, after he had heard of someone plotting of tarnishing her image in her to-be-fiance's eyes. A few hours after he had dropped her to safety, he had seen a car stop outside the Karanjkar's house, a young man, his family, and the same loose character pimp step out, they went in, came out soon later, and a few minutes later, he saw the family doctor come in the house. That was when standing shellshocked in the garage, he understood that the plan had been successful. The dreams of a young girl had turned into the worst nightmare!

"Your turn now.." the receptionist said.

Manav got up and went in. He didn't know what exactly he was going to say.

"You... and here..." Satish said, standing up in shock and amazement as Manav entered in.

"You probably don't know me.. my name is Manav Deshmukh and I'm a mechanic by profession.. I work in a garage near Archana's house.."

Satish signalled to stop. "I don't want to know all this. I know what I needed to know about you and Archana and that is sufficient... I saw you with Archana that day... coming out of... out of..."

"A brothel?" Manav suggested.

Satish looked shocked.

Manav cleared his throat. "It is a big misunderstanding.." he began and tried to explain how he had come to know about Archana being there, and had stepped in to save her.

Satish looked doubtful... "So you expect me to believe you- a complete stranger- that Archana has been trapped under what seems to be a perfectly executed plan?"

Manav nodded.

"And what proof do you have? Who knows Archana or her family might have asked you to say all this... her mother came in a little while ago, begging me to accept her daughter back.."

"I do not have any proof of her innocence sir, but you know for yourself of her goodness and kindness. These virtues define the true character of a person... she is a good, innocent, thoughtful girl and very much worthy of you..."

Satish's eyes narrowed... "What relation do you have with that girl.. why are you favouring her? I even find it difficult to imagine a well to do family like hers even having a remote relationship with a person of your class or status? Or are you one of her favoured clients..."

Manav was agitated now... "You are insulting a woman sir.."

"Alright then, I will try to believe what you have said, but what does it accomplish? How will I convince my parents, the society, everyone? It is impossible for me to marry a ... a ... a..."

"Prostitute", Manav said coolly.

Satish was shocked again.

"You looked disgusted saying this word, that girl had to hear it from your mouth. Anyhow, this relationship is your loss, not hers." he said and left.

Nothing had been accomplished, thought Manav. He had thought that maybe a meeting would clear some misunderstandings, but all was lost. If he could find out the culprit or if he got some solid proof, things would change, he thought.

As he rocked on along the slow rhythm of the train, he saw her in the train. She was holding a big pooja thali which was evidently quite heavy to be held with a single hand. She held the thali with both hands and consequently had a hard time keeping up her balance and kept tripping and swaying along with the train, which was embarassing and uncomfortable to everyone. She looked lost in faraway thoughts.

Manav edged closer. "Uh-oh.."

Archna looked at him.

"your plate, give it to me.." he said and without waiting for a response, held the plate in one hand and held the steel rings suspended from the roof with another.

Archna looked uncomfortable, "There is no need for all this pity.."

"And there is no need to be so formal. You know me, don't you, you must have seen me before."

Archana looked down, she didn't know what to say. It was true. He wasn't doing it out of pity. He was naturally helpful. Although she did not know a lot about him, she did know that he was a decent person who had helped her in various little ways before: chasing away street dogs, helping her with a heavy load from the grocers, etc.

"Anyhow , I wanted to say something else. About that Satish."

"What about him..."

Manav shrugged... "If we have to prove you innocent, we will need to present things to him as solid proofs, he won't be convinced by words. Today your Aai went to convince him but nothing happened... so.."

Archana stopped him midway. "I think you have done enough for me. No need to do anything more on this matter now. Just drop it."

Manav was astonished. "But don't you want to settle things and..."

"You want me to settle down with a person who called me a wh**e in front of my family... sorry, but not exactly my idea of settling down."

Manav looked at her. Angry tears were brimming up in her beautiful eyes. Anything more and she would probably start shouting. He awkwardly looked away and did not say anything more.

As the train stopped at the station, Manav got down slowly. Wearily he started making his way back to the garage, when he remembered the pooja plate in his hands. He had forgotten to give it back to her. He scanned her face in the station crowd but she wasn't there.

This surprised him. She hadn't gone ahead of him, he was sure. And she wasn't on the platform. Had she changed course and taken another train. Not possible... her home was here and she had left her plate behind with him as well.

He waited till the crowd faded away. But she still wasn't seen. Beads of perspiration formed slowly on Manav's forehead as he realised she was missing. The worst of thoughts were now caving in to his mind. He remembered her angry tears. Where had she gone? WHAT HAD SHE DONE???

Edited by nikitagmc - 31 July 2011 at 12:50pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Queen_GHTms78GHT_ArMan-SD-tv_madnessdevashree_hSpartacussparikhtoothbrush13-Shankar-maneeshaFsensodyneGur.N.coolmittsunknown18

mitts IF-Sizzlerz
mitts
mitts

Posted: 30 January 2010 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Awesome Nikki Loved it... U relate to characters soo much... Thx u soo much for this

Do continue...
GHT_ArMan Goldie
GHT_ArMan
GHT_ArMan

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Gr8 Part...hope Archu won't take any bad step...aah frvi not 2 wry our hero is there 4 her...thanx Nikki for posting d parts so quickly..loving it n appriciating it..eagerly waiting 4 d nxt prt:)
-SD- Goldie
-SD-
-SD-

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
I will try to find out Ekta's mail id, where you can directly send your resume for being appointed as a script writer. Yes..you deserve it.

Your English is so good. Though you are a technical student, sometimes your writing style makes me feel that you are doing your masters in English literature.
Anyways keep on writing. Thumbs Up
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Wow, thanks SD. That was some compliment. Its just that I'm fond of reading, nothing else.

Thankyou everyone for the encouraging comments!!

Edited by nikitagmc - 31 January 2010 at 8:30am
devashree_h Moderator
devashree_h
devashree_h

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged
WOW Nikki....really good. I liked climax of this part, it gives tension to both Manav and us.Really want know where she went?
Spartacus IF-Dazzler
Spartacus
Spartacus

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 9:15am | IP Logged
@ Nikita brilliantly conceived and written,
Clap
Is this the signs of Manav fan coming back?
a true die hard Manav fan?
Wink
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 31 January 2010 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
@Akashspartan: I am a Manav fan yaar, and I'll always be. In fact that is the reason I'm writing this FF, so that if the creatives spoil the character of Manav, at least he will remain alive in this FF.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Queen_GHT

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index