*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
'INSAAN', 'AILAAN' FAIL TO SUBDUE LARA DUTTA

By Naresh Kumar

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Former Miss Universe Lara Dutta who began her filmi career with 'Andaaz' and then never saw back, won the hearts of her audience in director Raj Kumar Santoshi's 'Khakee' by doing an item number 'Aisa Jadoo Dala'. Then followed her 'Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost', 'Masti' and 'Bardaast', where she proved her acting skill. However, her recently released 'Inssan' and 'Ailaan' didn't fare too well at the window. Despite this she has been able to maintain her status in Bollywood. We met her at the launch of the music of 'Zurm', and found her very excited. We discussed with her about her journey in films so far and her future plan.

Excerpts of her interview:

Where do you find yourself in the film industry at present?

I don't believe in the name game. I have not been in this industry for a long time. I have just begun my career. So, I want to concentrate on doing good acting. I am not interested in comparing myself with any one. If I do so, I may go astray.

Are you satisfied with your career graph?

I am very happy that the audience has reacted favorably to my acting. I hope that I shall be able to keep it up.

What's your role in 'Zurm'?

click for larger view
I am playing the role of Sanjana in this movie. Bobby Deol plays Avinash, and is so much charmed with Sanjana's beauty that he marries her. However, he doubts his wife's faithfulness and commits a crime. Hence 'Zurm' is the story of a human being living in different circumstances.

What's your experience of working with Bobby Deol since you have acted with him earlier too?

click for larger view
Yes, I have acted along with Bobby in 'Bardaasht' too. Working with Bobby is a different kind of experience. We had a very good time with each other during the shoot of this movie.

What about working in a Hollywood film?

click for larger view
Yes, I agreed to work in Hollywood's 'Matrix', but I am still busy in Bollywood. So, I haven't yet concentrated on it. Anyway, you would know if there were anything new.

You are acting in Boney Kapoor's ' No Entry'. Is it similar to 'Masti'?

click for larger view
There is nothing common in the two films. Yes, there is one thing common, though, that both the films have three heroes each. However, this doesn't mean that the subject of both films is the same.

What are your other films?

click for larger view
I am working in Karan Johar's 'Kaal' with John Abraham and in Apurb Lakhia's 'Just Punjabi'. Besides, I am also acting in Praksh Jha's 'Rajniti' and also in Feroz Nadiadwala's film.

What type of role you prefer?

I have played different roles in my different films. I can do both small as well as big role, if I like it. If I get a chance, I can do a negative role too.

What type of lifestyle you like?

I am grateful for whatever I have got today. I like public life. I like to be a part of the screen. I like to watch my promos. I am aware of my responsibility too.

Are you attached to music?

I love music. I begin my day with music. My parents introduced music to me. I like old songs, though.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'INSAAN', 'AILAAN' FAIL TO SUBDUE LARA DU" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

queenbee

Goldie

queenbee

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article, Sapna...

Lara Dutta SAYS all the right things... but honestly I think her face is pretty wooden and uncommunicative... I'd read 10 reviews before I go 'n watch a solo Lara movie Tongue

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

-Amisha-

Goldie

-Amisha-

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article with us, Sapna. I love reading Lara's interviews.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Goldie

S.T.U.P.I.D.

Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:53am | IP Logged
thanx 4 da artcle!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top