*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
ISHA KOPPIKAR ENTERS HOLLYWOOD

By Our Staff

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
Before becoming the best Hindi debut actress Isha Koppikar had acted in a number of Tanil, Telugu and Kannad movies. Unfortunately, her first Hindi movie titled 'Ek Tha Dil Ek Thi Dhadkan' made under the banner of Mirza Brothers, never saw the light of the day. But her debut Hindi 'Company' directed by Ram Gopal Verma made her famous as the khallas girl in Bollywood.

Then followed her 'Girlfriend', a hat ke movie based on the bold theme of lesbianism. This brought her both bouquets as well as brickbats. However, brickbats failed to deter her from going ahead. She is rather very excited that 'Girlfriend' has brought her Hollywood flick like 'Searching For Sara'. In this movie, she plays a Rajasthani girl, and its shooting will commence from next month (February). Our team met Isha recently during her shoot of 'Haseena'.

Excerpts of her tete-tete:

Are you satisfied with the growth of your film career?

click for larger view
Yes, I am fully satisfied. I have secured a position in the industry though I have neither a godfather in Bollywood nor have come from a star family. Moreover, there is a lot of favoritism in the film industry. I have attained my present status because of sheer hard work.

Hasn't Ramu shown a favor to you?

click for larger view
Ramu is a different type of a director. He signs an artiste in his film if he or she fits the bill. Ramu has signed me in his next ' D'. Besides me, the other important actor is Randeep Hooda in the lead role.

What's the story about?

The story is about a common man turning a don.

What are your other movies?

Apart from this, I am acting with Tusshar in 'Kya Cool Hain Hum' and also in David Dhawan's 'Anaam'.

What are you shooting at present?

click for larger view
I am presently shooting in Sanjay Thakur's 'Haseena'. This is my second woman-centered movie after 'Girlfriend'. This is based on the story of a girl who aspires to achieve everything in life within seconds. Kiran Janzani of the 'Oops' and 'Stop' fame is playing opposite me.

How do your fans react to your role?

click for larger view
My movies have turned many viewers as my fans. They are divided though. Some of them criticized me for playing a lesbian in 'Girlfriend' and even put fire to theatre halls exhibiting my movie. But they are my fans too. They are a part of society. There are others who have lauded my bold role in it. They want me to play such roles only.

Hasn't 'Girlfriend' tarnished your image among your fans?

In fact, my lesbian role in 'Girlfriend' has got me the Hollywood flick 'Searching For Sara'. So, I am very proud of this movie.

Has the Hollywood offer brought any change in you?

After securing a foothold in Hollywood through 'Searching For Sara', I have turned a lot. This has made me commercial and responsible.

How to reach you after you get busy with the Hollywood movie?

I have a website of my own now. Anyone from anywhere in the world can access me.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ISHA KOPPIKAR ENTERS HOLLYWOOD" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shahidlover24

IF-Sizzlerz

shahidlover24

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

any1 no the address to her website?

-Amisha-

Goldie

-Amisha-

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article with us.Smile

Post Reply New Post