Members Lounge
Members Lounge

India-Forums

i need ur help!!!

sana_usa Senior Member
sana_usa
sana_usa

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

hey guys i really need ur help my cousin is in 8 grade and she has a problem she has an accent that kills her everyday in school. she is very tried of it coz mostly twice some1 make fun of her how she talks so it really hurts her she is a very nice girl. there is no problem with her she is slim and beautiful every is friends with her mostly, but sometimes she feel very scare if some1 going to make fun of her so she never raise her hand or anything so I want to make her feel better please help me so I can her!!!

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Talk to her teacher about the problem and he/she should be able to help. It's teacher's duty to stop kids from making fun of other kids.
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
True...but she needs to stick up for herself....what i would do is not to care i mean not to care about what other students think of her so what she has a accent...get used to it...not everyone is perfect...get used to life...tell h er to enjoy life as it...she cant change her accent and she shouldnt try to either!
cowz_lover Senior Member
cowz_lover
cowz_lover

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 5:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by i_luv_shah_rukh

True...but she needs to stick up for herself....what i would do is not to care i mean not to care about what other students think of her so what she has a accent...get used to it...not everyone is perfect...get used to life...tell h er to enjoy life as it...she cant change her accent and she shouldnt try to either!

i agree

sweetyvk Senior Member
sweetyvk
sweetyvk

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 6:00pm | IP Logged

did you see the episode of YMLH when people were making fun of Pooja because of her English accent??  You know what she said, she said that people in different countries speak english differently....like in australia, UK, india, america, south america and other countries. so i am just trying to say that she shouldn't worry...tons of people have the same problem in my school but people don't make fun of them...

Plus people have to except you as you are, you shouldn't change for anybody.....everything i wrote doesn't make sense but i hope you can understand what i am trying to say.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Well said, sweetyvk! I really liked that episode too. I miss those days of YMLH Cry

Hi sana_usa, your friend sounds like a nice person, who needs another nice person to be her close friend and confidante. Tell her to concentrate on building stable friendships with a girl / girls who don't really care about her accent and stuff like that. Having a pal like that is a great confidence-booster and will give her a sense of belonging and support. Others will probably start accepting her the way she is after they see that someone else is there to stick up for her, and that she's is a good person who inspires that kind of loyalty.

Right now it's probably obvious to everyone that the constant teasing upsets her. Once they realize it no longer affects her, it will gradually come to a stop. People will start appreciating her for who she is.

PS I have a feeling this teasing is tinged with envy. What else do u expect in a culture which worships and desires all things Western? Just tell her to take it with a pinch of salt!

Edited by queenbee - 02 February 2005 at 11:09am
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top