Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 November 2005 at 4:39pm | IP Logged

Forget Kiss, I am a Muslim: Meera

Pakistani film actress Meera, who last year created flutters in Bollywood with her hot kissing scenes in film "Nazar", has done a volte-face regarding screening of Indian films in Pakistan, saying that the Bollywood films should not be shown in Pakistan because Indians had a "different culture and mindset" than the Muslims.

Vehemently opposing bringing Indian films to Pakistani cinemas, she said it should "never" happen.

"India has a different culture, Indians have a different mind-set and Indian movies should not be screened in Pakistan. We should produce our own movies. We are Muslims and we have to make films that depict our own culture," the Daily Times quoted the film actress as saying.

The Pakistani actress' comments came as a surprise even as she had recently announced her plans to settle down in Mumbai to take to her Bollywood career more seriously. She also cited the threats to her life from religious fundamentalists in Pakistan as another reason for shifting to Mumbai.

The film actress added: "Yes, I used to say that I am an ambassador of peace between India and Pakistan. But I won't say that now."

Asked why she had suddenly turned against screening of Indian films in Pakistan after having herself acted in Bollywood films, Meera said that she couldn't articulate her viewpoint, "but what she had observed while working in India was that the Indian films should not be screened in Pakistan."

Meera's second Indian film "Kasak" has just been released in India.

She is supposedly toeing the line of Pakistani Cultural Ministry, which lately turned around its last year's decision whereby it allowed screening of the Indian films in Pakistan.

According to the paper, there had been a decipherable change in the Pakistan's Ministry of Culture's approach to Indian films being exhibited in Pakistani cinemas. Of late, the federal government seems to have no soft corner for Indian films, and it could be gauged from the statement of State Minister Muhammad Ali Durrani, who said, "There is no question of screening Indian films in Pakistan until all political issues with India are settled, including the basic issue of Kashmir."

The federal government's last year's decision to allow screening of Indian films in Pakistan had attracted a lot of criticism from some quarters of the Pakistani society, especially the religious fundamentalists. The MMA opposed the decision, and threatened to accelerate their agitation against the Pakistan government, if Indian films were allowed to be screened in Pakistani cinemas.

But, on the other hand, film bodies like the Film Exhibitors Association of Pakistan and the Cinema Owners' Association and Film Producers' Association had time and again asked the Pakistan government to allow exhibiting of Indian films, because there was a great demand in Pakistan for these films.

They threatened to close down cinema halls if screening of Indian films was not allowed, saying that Pakistani films did not attract people to cinema houses.

The paper quoted Cinema Management Association Chairman Qaiser Sanaullah Khan as saying that around three lakh people had lost their jobs because of the closure of cinemas. He added that if cricket and trade ties could be developed with India, why was cooperation not being sought in cinema.

link : http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.as...=mirch%20masala

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 19 November 2005 at 1:06am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Meera...is she really gonna change?" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 18 November 2005 at 4:47pm | IP Logged

i dont know
i'm confused Confused

thanx for sahirng

Edited by scorpion134 - 18 November 2005 at 4:47pm

Mrs.Fr..

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Fr..

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 1:03am | IP Logged
what can say about her ...simply i don't like that woman Angry

IMP TNG

Goldie

IMP TNG

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:47am | IP Logged
She is a confused woman ..thats all i can say!!

Dashing Boy

IF-Dazzler

Dashing Boy

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Dr.BB have u got any treatment for her???????

tfs! Big smile

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:35am | IP Logged
hehe DR? yeh kab hua?...she is a dr?

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Jav
Zeshan is asking some Dr.BB if he/she has any treatment for "THE MEERA" LOL
i dont know who's this Dr.BB anyways LOL

Dashing Boy

IF-Dazzler

Dashing Boy

Posted: 19 November 2005 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpion134

Jav
Zeshan is asking some Dr.BB if he/she has any treatment for "THE MEERA" LOL
i dont know who's this Dr.BB anyways LOL

who else than saba api!!! sorry i cant tell u how she became a doctor cuz she told not to tell anyone that she became doctor by bribing her teachers n examiner......see saba api i didnt tell her.Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top