Pakistani Serials

SOOO TRUE....PLZ comment

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
15 Days of Watching TV in Prime Time
Aamir Majeed Khan
February 4, 2005

About ten years ago when my father was going to India to meet his relative, he kept Video cassettes of Pakistani dramas, because my cousins had already called thrice for them. That really did us proud. If subcontinent's biggest country had good film making industry then we had the best Urdu serials too that had the biggest viewer ship around the world. But these are fond memories now, since we lost our Urdu serial impression that was built by the serials like Tanhiyaa,Nijaat,Dhoop Kinaray,An Kahi etc as good quality. Instead of improving quality of serials our directors/producers are running behind illusions.

I got some time in end of November due to relaxed office timings during Ramadan. I focused on watching serials on few channels which include PTV, STAR TV, STN, and GEO. Luckily I got some episode of "Bandhan" on STN. What a serial it is, I watched along with my mom and sisters and was entertained with some great performance along with a social message; what else a family viewer will want. Even after 6 years the serial didn't look old fashioned, albeit a major difference in production quality between now and then. One thing I want to mention that PTV doesn't have proper procedure to advertise such retelecast. Even I got this serial by a stroke of luck.

STAR TV is generous enough to show 3 serials with in the time frame PTV used to show single serial. I was really shocked to see that this channel is displaying picture of people who are not even 1% of India. For continuous 15 days of following this channel, I could bet that even the director don't know why he/she is making such serials. I am really sorry to say but these serials are without any central idea. Instead, these highly glamorized soaps seem to be just another fashion program which lets people know of what's in! The highly relaxed censor policy of that channel is also an alien phenomenon in our society.

I also got a serial on news giant GEO titled 'JOO BAAT GHAR MEIN HEIN '.I would recommend the viewer of 'KYUNKI SAAS BHII KABHII BAHOO THII' that if ever their cable operator failed to show STAR PLUS they could see this serial ,believe me it's a censored (not too much) replica of Ekta kapoor's brain child. Even their casting policy is not too different to that of Ms. Kapoor. In start of a week I noticed that they replaced Badar Khaleel and Aijazz Aslam with some other artists I can say this really makes the viewer loose their focus. I don't know how the director/producer can expect their viewer to watch their serial when even their team is not committed to complete the whole venture. People have many choices so why will they waste their time, think about it.

In this time of commercialization when we are paying to watch these serial , it's our right to have quality program atleast in prime time. It's time that senior artists,directors, producers should play their part and give good quality stuff, that not only pictures society but also have some positive message to convey to the viewer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😕 😕 😕
thanx for sharing
y r they doin it, com on stick to the organility
dont show too much thats fake n 1 can tell by the way 1 delivers their dialogue
that is sick 🤢
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
YEA I NOEEEEEEEEEEEEE

itz SICK
and thats all o can say

y r pplz so DUMB
Dashing Boy thumbnail
agreed!!! i too miss the old serialz
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail
ya i also thought the same when i saw that serial at GEO.
Mohsin thumbnail
han yeh baat to maannai wali hai kai pakistan ka drama jitna acha hai paki soup utna hee gira hua hai......

dramas to aaj bhi achai jaa rahai hain 😊 .... laikin soups to.............. bas.... 🤢
Mashal thumbnail
yes some serials of pakistan showing good performance such as MASURI,DIL SAY DIL TAk from ptv,MOORAT from ary digital sorry to say i dont like any serial in geo and all the soap aired only on geo .... 🤢 and i dont like 🤢
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i agree to every bit of this article....seems like someone has read my mind 😛 😛..thanx for sharing it Jav ðŸ˜Š Edited by kewlsarah - 18 years ago
Mashal thumbnail
kiun na hum baray ho ker pakistani serials banaee jaisa hum chahtay hai 😉
usmani_girlzz thumbnail
it is rite pakistani serials r really good but soups r bad like pitay huay soup .they r cheating ekta