Writers Corner

From the depth of a dark heart:The consequence (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Forgiven
He enters the room wearing his night suit as usual. I barely look up from the novel I am reading as he gets in beside me and after a few moments requests me to switch of the lights. I nod absently, my mind still wandering somewhere in the fantasies of the story I am reading, but switch off the lights. He worked hard all day after all and I prepare to sleep myself when his hand finds mine. I look at him surprised as he pulls me closer and kisses my lips as passionately as possible. I try my best to match him but he senses something. Backing away he asks politely, "Are you alright?"

I give him a sardonic smile which he fails to interpret and kiss his lips, careful enough not to repeat my earlier mistake. He is satisfied and makes love to me, while I lie in his arms, my heart and mind both separated from my body. He mistakes my willingness for physical closeness as love and interest; I could not help but feel sympathetic towards him. I never really expected him to understand after all. He stops when he is too tired to continue and rolls over to his side. I look at his shoulder, at the nail marks that are not mine. He mumbles an intelligible confession of love and goodnight before falling asleep, content of having more than one woman. I pity his ignorance of the fact that he lost one of them long ago.

I roll over to face the window and smile to myself as I remembered the day I found out he was cheating on me. At first I cried and bawled like a kid but then decided that it did not matter. Now, living with him was as good as living alone and I was pretty much used to it before my marriage. It took only a small amount of physical warmth to cloud my emotionally frozen heart, and he never tried to search anything in my eyes. This suited both of us, as we continued to attend social events, arm in arm, work hard and earn money and go for a holiday once a year. Our fights and disagreements had vanished. He took it as an improved relationship, I took it as a nonexistenet one. It has always been easy for me to accept change in life. I never confronted him with the scented handkerchiefs and hair strands I found on his jackets. He was never really strong when it came to the self control department. I forgive him for succumbing to temptations. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

End Sur

Edited by Sur_Singhania - 10 February 2010 at 12:04am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rashikoradia_.serendipity._-serenity-A-N-S-H-I-K-A

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "From the depth of a dark heart:The consequence (Page 3)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sumi_162710

IF-Rockerz

Sumi_162710

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Forgiven.....is a perfectly suitable name Sur......well the insight of the story is really painful....but I cant say if she was right or wrong in forgiving the man......I mean.....every situation has its own solutions.....and I cannot knw dat sitting here.....hehe. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedAnyways.....main story ki baatchhor deti hu......kyunki ye situation me kya hona chahiye kya nahi.....ye main nahi bata sakti.....so I wud just say......it was WONDERFULLY WRITTEN!!! The way u hav put it Sur.....is tremendously well....sach me adjectives ki shortage ho rahi hai mujhe.....and I was in deep thoughts too.....while reading it. So I hav to say it was truly an engrossing one!!!Clap

Keep up the awesum work dear!!! TongueTongue

Luv,
Sumi.Big smileBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sur_10

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 10 February 2010 at 5:38am | IP Logged

WOW, Sur! I mean. WOW!!!!! This is a beautiful piece of writing. It was so moving, and, jeez, I have no words. You have captured and conveyed the emotions of the character so wonderfully, one cannot help but empathise. I think this is really awesome!! Clap Clap Clap Great work!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sur_10

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumaiya wahid

Forgiven.....is a perfectly suitable name Sur cudnt come up with anything else u see......well the insight of the story is really painful....but I cant say if she was right or wrong in forgiving the man......do u really think she forgave him? she withdrew what she thought was the most important part of her from him.I mean.....every situation has its own solutions.....and I cannot knw dat sitting here.....hehe. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedAnyways.....main story ki baatchhor deti hu......kyunki ye situation me kya hona chahiye kya nahi.....ye main nahi bata sakti.....tum kya mai bhi nahi bata sakti.so I wud just say......it was WONDERFULLY WRITTEN!!! thanku dear.The way u hav put it Sur.....is tremendously well....sach me adjectives ki shortage ho rahi hai mujhe.....and I was in deep thoughts too.....while reading it. So I hav to say it was truly an engrossing one!!!Clapthanx a lot Sumi for appreciating nd commenting.it was controversial stuff if u ask me. glad u liked it. As far as forgiveness is concerned, I believe that very few of us a really capable of forgiving people. Its done cuz its the only or the most convenient option.

Keep up the awesum work dear!!! TongueTonguewill try 2...

Luv,
Sumi.Big smileBig smile
thanks fr commenting
Sur

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _.serendipity._

WOW, Sur! I mean. WOW!!!!! This is a beautiful piece of writing. It was so moving, and, jeez, I have no words. You have captured and conveyed the emotions of the character so wonderfully, one cannot help but empathise. I think this is really awesome!! Clap Clap Clap Great work!

thanku so much for ur encouragement Hema...Im glad u liked it....Smile
Thnx for commenting
Sur

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Alright guys, now one some rambling before the story. I have my exams coming up in 4 days, I dont know ANYTHING. And Im glued 2 my computer, writing absolute crap which Im going 2 post here for u guys 2 endure...I cant believe myself! plz somebody hit me nd tell me 2 study!

THE END
He opened the door to his luxurious flat and switched on the lights. His dark hair was windswept from the fast drive and he carried a large square envelope in his hands, which bore the logo of a hospital. He placed the keys and the envelope on the table and sat down on the comfortable armchair in the living room decorated by his ex- wife. He always felt that the furnishings were a bit too lavish for his taste but all the same never felt a need to change them. He stared at the bare ceiling, his mind and heart both blank. He remained sitting there for a long time, contemplating before pulling out his cell phone and dialing her number. It rang twice before she picked it up.

"Are you alright?" her voice was sweet even when heard through the phone.

"Yes, I think so." He replied, smiling to himself.

"Where are you, at your flat?" she asked. He heard heels click swiftly and a faint beep as the elevator button was pressed.

"Yes." he replied. She disconnected the call and he waited for her to come. It took around half an hour to reach his place from hers but knowing her, it might even take less than 20 minutes. The memories of their past came flooding back to him as he stared at the ceiling, thinking. They worked in the same office, he the boss and she his immediate junior. They had spent endless nights together with no body for company except coffee mugs, laptops and files. They shared the common problem of insomnia and were termed as uncaring workaholics by their respective families. He did not know when they progressed from being acquaintances to being friends or how their conversations edged away from bar charts and annual reports to politics, films, jokes and philosophy.  He opened up to her, indirectly but the understanding in her eyes clearly said that she was not to be fooled. He had never imagined that he would find an equal in a girl younger to him by about 10 years. He found unordered coffee and sandwiches on his desk when he was undergoing through divorce proceedings. She had turned up with movie tickets for the latest thriller on the day his wife remarried. He could not resist himself, flowing smoothly, allowing her to take the lead.

One night he was working late in the office and she was sitting across from him, helping him. His eyes fell on the clock that displayed 12 a.m. in boldly and then at her. Closing his file, he had asked her casually, "Sometimes the way you behave, I feel that you love me."

She looked directly into his eyes and replied, "Is it that obvious?"

He had intended it as a half joke and his face paled. She ignored his reaction and packed up his things for him. Holding out his bag, she said, "Don't think too much upon it, I don't want anything from you. Everything is great the way it is. Have a goodnight. I will text when I reach home."

She had walked out leaving him dazed. After that day, they never mentioned the night or the confession but a strange mutual liking intensified between them. And he knew that she was maybe the only person in the whole world who cared. And this was the sole reason why he called her up tonight. He heard the door open and looked at it. She stood in the doorway looking scared for the first time. She stepped in and the door swung shut behind her. He continued to survey her slender form as she walked to him and knelt beside him, placing a hand on his knee. Her large eyes were terrified.

"What happened?" he asked her grinning.

"You know that, not me."

"Well'"he couldn't continue as he knew it would break her apart.

She sensed it and looked around for proof and found it- the envelope containing his medical reports. She picked it up and opened it, going through the contents, while he gazed at her lovely face, taking in the minor changes in her expressions, how her brows came together and her lips quivered. He wasn't feeling sad or scared. Just concerned for her. Placing the papers back on the table she took a deep breath and said, "You can't leave like that."

"That's why I thought I should tell you." He placed his hand on her warm cheek. It was for the first time he had touched her like that. She shivered and embraced him. He embraced her back.

"I won't let you die." She whispered in his ear.

"I wish to" he said stroking her hair. "I had my share of happiness tonight. I don't think I deserve to live to enjoy anymore."

End
Sur

Edited by Sur_Singhania - 11 February 2010 at 1:43am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rashikoradia_.serendipity._valliyah-serenity-A-N-S-H-I-K-A

Sumi_162710

IF-Rockerz

Sumi_162710

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 2:45am | IP Logged
*smack* *smack* *smack*......akkal thikane pe ayi ya aur lagau??? 4 din baad exam hai....and madam apko kuch nahi pata.....well....ye quite common hai....lekin inn sabke bawjud nayi story likhna?? This was really insane Sur!!! But I wont say its abnormal....coz main bhi aisa kar chuki hu....LOLLOL....lekin iska anjaam kuch zyada achha nahi tha....samjhi???DeadDead Isiliye madam....agar baad me pachtana nahi hai to abhi jake padhayi shuru karo....turant!!!

Phew!! Abhi main iss 'The End' pe ati hu....I am now in short of words....seriously Sur!! I cud feel the emotions passing by too well.....and I cud feel the agony n helplessness as well......I so wished to wipe away the truth.....I so wished to knw that it was all fake.....but then nothing was!!! It was all true n it had to end!!!

Gosh Sur....even this tym I was engrossed....but at the same tym....I had this strange serene feeling.....donno wat was that or even why was that.....but it was just there....and it felt so lovely!!!

I liked a dialogue....batao kaunsa??? Hehe....quite obvious....I loved him saying...."The way u behave I sumtyms feel that u love me"....and then her saying "Is it that obvious?".....it was soooo cute!!! And even in the tension....even in the scary feeling of losing....I cud feel the sweetness of their relationship.....it was just awesum!!!

And abt Forgiven.....well when I was replying to that....I was half not in my senses....seriously....lolz....and there by her forgiveness I had partially meant the fact that she didnt do anything against his betrayal.....I cud not actually put down wat I wanted to say....but u definitely did it for me....I was trying to say that....she chose the easiest or perhaps the most convenient way....as u said.Smile

Anyways.....now u stop ur gr8 karigari for sumtym....keep it on hold....rock the xams....and then cum bak wid these brilliant writings!!! Till then....I so dont want to read anything from u (its really hard to say yaarDead)......

Now bye....take care....and do well in the xams....

Luv,
Sumi.Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sur_10-serenity-

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 4:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sur_Singhania

.... And Im glued 2 my computer, writing absolute crap which Im going 2 post here for u guys 2 endure... 

Where's the crap, Sur? When I read what you wrote, I was so looking forward to reading crap, and all I found was a brilliant, extremely moving and evocative piece of writing!!
How disappointing! LOL  
Aww, I'm so sad it's the end. You must write more (after your exams)!! But I must say, it's a beautiful ending. I loved it!! Great, great work! Well done!! Clap Clap Clap
All the best for your exams! I'm sure you'll rock Star

Post Reply New Post

Go to top