Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

From the depth of a dark heart:The consequence (Page 2)

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammygurl

Sirius...
I am reading your works for the first time! And i hate you, for not telling me about this for all this time we have been together. I mean, this is seriously sooo cool. It's actually you! dark one...
I couldn't have imagined that you could actually portray an emo! wow! :) * hats off gal* and you call me writings good! hell!
I am seriously spell bound, sirius. she was his boss' daughter..haha!
my fav. part?
"Then I think I have learnt that it is more important to concentrate more on what you want rather than what is expected out of you, otherwise they get mixed up and mess up your life."
That's absolutely correct. and we both seem to be doing according to this one right, I know what inspired this gone with the wind thing. Wink and trust me, it's an ultimate love story..
rhett butler...* get yourself a grip, ananya! * *grins*
And the lines in the end, perfect! Smile
Loved it to the core, you have me lost! :) guru maata...writing tips dedo!
get well soon...
love you soo dearly...
James
Hey James,
first of all thanku for calling me Sirius..m missing him 2 much dese days!
and very sorry for not telling you...just never thought u wud be inetereted..but I gave u d link 2 this one, didnt I?
and I think tarif thodi zyada ho gai hai...get yourself a grip ananya...LOL
im glad u liked it
nd will surely pm u nxt time now wen u know its meWink
thanks for commenting
Sirius

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ammygurl

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 02 February 2010 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

LOST

She wiped away her long dark hair out of her face and stared the twinkling lights below her. The city lights gleamed and winked up at her, a collage of sparkles. A smile curled on her lips as she felt the chilly night wind hit her with full force. She edged a little closer to the end of the cliff she was perched on. She was surprised that the jumble of emotions inside her would ever allow her to stand so steady. The night was dark even though it was a full moon night. The moon was inconspicuous, covered in a blanket of swirling clouds. It had always been her companion in grief, but tonight, when her world crashed, even it was scurrying for cover, as though afraid to face her. The most astonishing thing was the absence of tears in her large eyes. What an irony, she thought disdainfully as she stared at the sleeping city, all these times when I wanted to stop them from streaming down my eyes, and they embarrassed me. And today when I want to cry my heart out, even my own eyes won't cooperate. She continued to stand there gazing aimlessly at the blinking pints of light, and the events of her life came back to her for a millionth time. Images, sharp and clear flashed in front of her eyes…

8 years ago

She was sitting in the library, reading Withering Heights for maybe the hundredth time. She could never get over her fascination for classics when he edged around the book shelf and caught her attention. She looked up politely puzzled. He seemed to be lurking out of sight of somebody on the other side of shelf. When he caught her staring, he gave her a shifty smile and said in a deep voice, "umm…hello…I m Arjun…" She shrugged and averted her eyes to her book when he cleared his throat and said, "I was wondering if you could…do me a favor…." She looked up again; he was leaning against the shelf now, hands clasped behind his back, looking expectant. She raised her eyebrows and he continued, encouraged. He showed her a bunch of books; all weathered copies of Hamlet and said, "Just, keep them with you, will you? I know it sounds odd but please do it. Hide them under your book."

She didn't know why she did it. Maybe it was the desperate edge to his voice that made her do it. She slid all the copies under her arm, except one, which he took. He uttered a hurried yet sincere thanks and disappeared around the shelf, from where female voices could be heard

"I can't believe this…all of them are gone…"

Then his voice rang through the library, "If you are looking for this one…"

She didn't need to hear more to guess what was going on. The oldest way of getting a girl talk to you, she sighed to herself and continued to read the book, smiling to herself. She could hear extracts of conversation going on the other side of the shelf and it seemed that his had worked. After a few minutes, he stuck his head around the shelf and said, "Thanks a bunch…give me those books, I will replace them…by the way, what is your name?"

"Sukriti" she said

She couldn't help but smile…this was the beginning of her friendship with Arjun…a friendship that sustained over years of distances and turmoil.

6 years ago

She sat alone in the class, tapping her foot to the music that was ringing in her ears, silently wondering why the rest of the class was not here yet. It was 3rd year of her college and things like mass bunks were advertised much earlier and effectively. She checked her watch; there were 5 minutes to go before the class started. Suddenly a crowd burst in the door, singing loudly "Happy Birthday to you". She looked around to check if the celebrations were meant for her, but she saw him, grinning and waving and she understood. Very few people knew or cared for her birthday…her broken family seldom had time for her…and now she herself didn't care. But he had made sure that she received so many gifts for her birthday that she needed a couple of friends to carry them. But that did not matter…what mattered was that he forgot to bring the gift he had bought for her, so he turned up at night at her hostel window to deliver it with a sorry note.

A few hours ago

She watched silently with a smile on her face as he got married to his sweetheart, the same girl he had been trying to impress in college. They circled the fire, exchanging vows that bound them together. He had a big yet nervous smile on his lips. He caught her eye and grinned. She showed him thumbs up. After the rituals were over, she went there to congratulate them. He hugged her and she took her leave, only to drive around 50 miles to come here, away from prying eyes as she could not be sure of herself and what she might do. Her first love was lost forever… but somehow her heart still believed that she owned him in an unexplained way. She had not thought about ending her life until half an hour ago. She stared down into the blackness that stretched below her like a vast rugged canvas and wondered how it would feel to plummet through the cool air, her arms spread wide. She took another step and now her feet were protruding from the edge of the cliff. She took a long breath and was about to jump when her cell phone buzzed. She opened her eyes as though awakened from a trance and checked it. It was a text from him that read

"Happy birthday sweety…I know its 2 hours late, yet…I could never make it on time. Will wait for u tomorrow at the caf, need ur help"

She smiled at the message…he needed her help. Sighing, she stepped back from the cliff and walked to her car. Why this guy always bugs me when I am doing something important? She drove back to her home.

End

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-serenity-valliyahA-N-S-H-I-K-A

Sumi_162710 IF-Rockerz
Sumi_162710
Sumi_162710

Posted: 03 February 2010 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
U knw wat....I'd say thats a story....a realistic story!!! I mean....the fics we write r sumthing we wud luv to happen for real....but the actual reality might be this...And I luved it!!!

For Sukriti it was quite easy to fall for him which she did n for Arjun it was not that easy to fall for her....which he did not...LOLLOL But I definitely loved their first meeting or rather I must say...his idea to talk to his sweetheart....I'm definitely happy for him....Big smileBig smile...and yeah...there was sadness for Sukriti but then he was still there for her....wishing her happy birthday but getting help in return on her own bday...LOLLOL

And yeah...that birthday flashbak where he forgot to bring his own gift....that was funny n cute!!!Big smileBig smile

And Sur....main kahu bhi to kya...it just feels so real!!!Big smileBig smile

P.S. My sweety cutie darling Sur....TongueTongue....tum zara mention to kar deti ki ye shot writer's corner me hai...AngryAngry...mujh stupid ko thodi der se samajhme ayi na....LOLLOLLOL....aur mujhe der ho gayi reply karne me....and more importantly...iss beautiful shot ko padhne me...LOL

Anyways....iss beautiful realistic cute n sweet shot ke liye I send u this: Hug Hug Hug

Chalo...bye....take care. And BEST OF LUCK again!!

Sur_10

-serenity- Goldie
-serenity-
-serenity-

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Hiiii sur....
Awesome work sur...The way u described the night n the way u described sukritis emotions ....really wonderful....good work
loved the story ...liked all the scenes....be it  arjun n sukritis meet n his plan for her birthday ...n its so funny how he forgot to bring his own gift  ...n especially the last  scene....simply superb
totally wonderful story sur
p.s  i forgot to tell u ALL THE BEST  for your exam sur

Edited by princessyogitha - 04 February 2010 at 3:21am
_.serendipity._ Senior Member
_.serendipity._
_.serendipity._

Posted: 04 February 2010 at 8:33am | IP Logged

I really, absolutely, totally, love it!! This is BRILLIANT stuff, Sur! Really, very very well done!! Write on... Big smile

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumaiya wahid

U knw wat....I'd say thats a story....a realistic story!!! I mean....the fics we write r sumthing we wud luv to happen for real....but the actual reality might be this...And I luved it!!! hey Sumi...u know I think its more of a narrartion than a story...just a situation...thnx for liking it!

For Sukriti it was quite easy to fall for him which she did n for Arjun it was not that easy to fall for her....which he did not...LOLLOL But I definitely loved their first meeting or rather I must say...his idea to talk to his sweetheart....I'm definitely happy for him....Big smileBig smile...and yeah...there was sadness for Sukriti but then he was still there for her....wishing her happy birthday but getting help in return on her own bday...LOLLOLyeah...he was like that- completely ignorant of what his actions were doing to her...

And yeah...that birthday flashbak where he forgot to bring his own gift....that was funny n cute!!!Big smileBig smiletypical guy

And Sur....main kahu bhi to kya...it just feels so real!!!Big smileBig smilethanks...its not very nicely accepted- reality

P.S. My sweety cutie darling Sur....TongueTongue....tum zara mention to kar deti ki ye shot writer's corner me hai...AngryAngry...mujh stupid ko thodi der se samajhme ayi na....LOLLOLLOL....aur mujhe der ho gayi reply karne me....and more importantly...iss beautiful shot ko padhne me...LOLooh...im sorry..i will send u a link nxt time, pucca!

Anyways....iss beautiful realistic cute n sweet shot ke liye I send u this: Hug Hug Hugwow...thanku, i got it nd a big one 2 u 2

Chalo...bye....take care. And BEST OF LUCK again!! thnx buddy, I need it! nd thanx a bunch for commenting!

Sumi_162710

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessyogitha

Hiiii sur....
Awesome work sur...The way u described the night n the way u described sukritis emotions ....really wonderful....good work thanks a ton Yogitha!
loved the story ...liked all the scenes....be it  arjun n sukritis meet n his plan for her birthday ...n its so funny how he forgot to bring his own gift  ...n especially the last  scene....simply superb hehe im glad u liked it...i was so confused while writing this....
totally wonderful story sur thanks again
p.s  i forgot to tell u ALL THE BEST  for your exam sur thanku so much! for the wishes and comments!
Sur

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _.serendipity._

I really, absolutely, totally, love it!! This is BRILLIANT stuff, Sur! Really, very very well done!! Write on... Big smile

thanku so much Hema, Im glad u liked it
thanks a bunch for commenting
Sur

Go to top