Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
This topic is kinda random, but have you ever participated in a shipping war..and tell us your experiences.....did they scar you for life.........LOL

Do you enjoy shipping wars?
Do you think ppl focus too much on romantic pairings in the HP fandom?
Do you like the way jkr writes romance? what do you enjoy the most..reading shippy fanfiction or reading canon pairings?

I don't there's ever been huge shipping wars on IF per se, but forums like Leaky and Mugglenet have had huge brawls between R/hr and h/hr shippers and it was so much fun lol. It was so bad that they banned shippy talks altogther:) have you participated in anything as such?:)

and finally what is your OTP? (one true pair- as in your primary ship)
oh btw for those who don't know shipping = the romantic pairing you support

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Labyrinth..-NavicityoflightsEloquent

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shipping wars:P" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

This topic is kinda random, but have you ever participated in a shipping war..and tell us your experiences.....did they scar you for life.........LOL

Do you enjoy shipping wars? When the shipping wars were REALLY happening I wasn't fully active in the fandom considering that I was about 12 so yeah ahah. But a little healthy competition isn't bad at all :)
Do you think ppl focus too much on romantic pairings in the HP fandom? Yes, romance is a very SMALL part of the series. But I feel like a hypocrite because when it comes to hp fanfic, I read ff's that are centric to my favourite ships.
Do you like the way jkr writes romance? what do you enjoy the most..reading shippy fanfiction or reading canon pairings? JKR is a great writer, no denying that but romance is not very fitting for her. So her romance was messy but that's how the pairs were supposed to come together. Canon anyday but I love fanfiction for what it is.

I don't there's ever been huge shipping wars on IF per se, but forums like Leaky and Mugglenet have had huge brawls between R/hr and h/hr shippers and it was so much fun lol. It was so bad that they banned shippy talks altogther:) have you participated in anything as such?:)  I have on ontd (on livejournal), whenever any HP news gets posted.. ship wars always come up.

and finally what is your OTP? (one true pair- as in your primary ship) Eek, only one? Ummm, R/Hr I guess because I believed in them since I was about 8. But I love MANY ships even though they completely contradict each other. In fanon, I love Ginny/Slytherin. So fun to read :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

0o.Leah.o0

IF-Rockerz

0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Lolx.....I have never experienced any Shipping wars as yet..

So....I will just start one !!

HARRY AND HERMIONE FOREVER !! (Fight me !! LOL)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion-dhruvi

Mazzy101

Goldie

Mazzy101

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
lol! i havent experienced one b4! im sure its fun though!!Smile i thnk tht hermione and harry wud be a much cuter couple!!! i also like the couple of lupin and tonks! i thnk its really cute tht she wud gv up thngs for him!! lol, if u knw wht i mean!!!!

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 11:07am | IP Logged

Do you enjoy shipping wars?

Hmmm...not much. I just like to discuss my fav couple. Thats it. All the huge mind-breaking debates pre-HBP REALLY broke my mind.

Do you think ppl focus too much on romantic pairings in the HP fandom?

Yeah. But then again everyone knew Harry was ultimately gonna squash Voldey-poo like a soda can, so there wasn't really much point discussing THAT. What was interesting was who was gonna land up with who. However I, myself, liked the debates on the mystery aspect of the series too, the debate on the Horcruxes et al.

Do you like the way jkr writes romance? what do you enjoy the most..reading shippy fanfiction or reading canon pairings?

Absolutely! I just LOVE the way she infuses her romance pairings with lots n lots of humour! In the case of R/Hr in HBP I was completely ROFL-ing all the way till the end when Won-won dumps Lav-lav. Even the GoF Yule Ball fight between R/Hr was hilarious! ROFL Not to forget the famous showdown between L/J in the Pensive scene in OotP. JKR just manages to NOT make her couples mushy and annoyingly sappy! Remus/Tonks were a nice surprise!
 I also liked the DD/Grindelwald revelation. It added a new dimension to the mystery that is Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore!

Coming to what I like to read: I love to read fanfiction based on canon pairings. And it has to be well-written as I hate to read a crappy fic even if it is on my fav. pairing. Non-canon ships are out of the picture. And absolutely cannot tolerate any ship containing Draco Malfoy. Cannot stand the various idiotic fangirly pink shipping that occurs where that character is concerned.

I don't there's ever been huge shipping wars on IF per se, but forums like Leaky and Mugglenet have had huge brawls between R/hr and h/hr shippers and it was so much fun lol. It was so bad that they banned shippy talks altogther:) have you participated in anything as such?:)

Well, I just used to go to those forums (as well as fictionalley.com) to see the discussion and as far as I could read, there used to be a huge floor-length essay revolving around a minor point regarding either R/Hr or H/Hr. After a few such GINORMOUS posts, I would get zapped completely.

and finally what is your OTP? (one true pair- as in your primary ship)

Ah, my OTP was and always will be R/Hr. It breaks through all barriers and is my no.1 pairing universally, whether you consider the HP fandom or you consider books in general or even if you include TV pairings in the list. They are closely followed by L/J.

Lol, I used to be confused about the term but fictionalley educated me on quite a lot of terms! LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion..RamKiJanaki..

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

Do you enjoy shipping wars? Not much, LOL. But I do admit that I get very protective of my favorite couples :P
Do you think ppl focus too much on romantic pairings in the HP fandom?  Yes!!!!!!!!! HP isn't about romance!!!!
Do you like the way jkr writes romance? what do you enjoy the most..reading shippy fanfiction or reading canon pairings? She's not bad at it :) I think she's an amazing author, but romance isn't her best genre. And more canon :P

I don't there's ever been huge shipping wars on IF per se, but forums like Leaky and Mugglenet have had huge brawls between R/hr and h/hr shippers and it was so much fun lol. It was so bad that they banned shippy talks altogther:) have you participated in anything as such?:)  Nope LOL

and finally what is your OTP? (one true pair- as in your primary ship) Ron and Hermione ;)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 25 January 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

Lolx.....I have never experienced any Shipping wars as yet..

So....I will just start one !!

HARRY AND HERMIONE FOREVER !! (Fight me !! LOL)

OMGGG YOU $%&8@%%!!!!AngryAngryAngry Go away you harmonianAngryLOLLOL
RON HERMIONE FOREVER....!!!!Embarrassed
Lol jk. But seriously they are so fun, you've missed out on tons of goodness. Anyway, I'm gonna be back with replies for everyone once I'm done studying for my exam 2morro.Cry

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 26 January 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Navi

Do you enjoy shipping wars? When the shipping wars were REALLY happening I wasn't fully active in the fandom considering that I was about 12 so yeah ahah. But a little healthy competition isn't bad at all :) oh wow lol. i think i was about 16 or so i guess when HBP came out and althouh the speculations were on since the the beginning, it was right after HBP (especially melissa-emerson's mugglenet interview that called H/Hr shippers 'delusional') the fights went in full force, and that was the time i was so active on Leaky. It was crazy with r-h shippers gloating and h-hr shippers in denial (barring the sane ones who would just 'debate')LOL
Do you think ppl focus too much on romantic pairings in the HP fandom? Yes, romance is a very SMALL part of the series. But I feel like a hypocrite because when it comes to hp fanfic, I read ff's that are centric to my favourite ships.
well for me i admit i was very much interested in the R-Hr romance and looked really forward to the romantic outcome, they were as important as everything else for me.
Do you like the way jkr writes romance? what do you enjoy the most..reading shippy fanfiction or reading canon pairings? JKR is a great writer, no denying that but romance is not very fitting for her. So her romance was messy but that's how the pairs were supposed to come together. Canon anyday but I love fanfiction for what it is.

I don't there's ever been huge shipping wars on IF per se, but forums like Leaky and Mugglenet have had huge brawls between R/hr and h/hr shippers and it was so much fun lol. It was so bad that they banned shippy talks altogther:) have you participated in anything as such?:)  I have on ontd (on livejournal), whenever any HP news gets posted.. ship wars always come up.
Ooohh LJ! Do you by any chance know the community HMS STFU..a lott of ppl who have lj post there...well although they claim they're not all about shipping and they discuss everything, it's almost 90% shipping and sporking. have a look, they're quite funny. but you need to be familiar with fandom terminology.
http://www.journalfen.net/community/the_hms_stfu/

and finally what is your OTP? (one true pair- as in your primary ship) Eek, only one? Ummm, R/Hr I guess because I believed in them since I was about 8. But I love MANY ships even though they completely contradict each other. In fanon, I love Ginny/Slytherin. So fun to read :)
Yay r-hr! I guess same here. i never really had to look for clues per se, just kinda knew at the back of my head since i was really young like 'oh r-hr how obviious':) But yeah, i love ships that contradict each other too, lilke I love Snape-Lily and James-Lily as well. and so on and so forth:)
ohh and i'm sorry if you don't get some of the stuff i'm talking, im just too much into the shipping part of the fandom.LOL

Edited by VirgoVixen - 26 January 2010 at 4:38pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top