Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I might admire them, love them, or idolize them, and in particular Ash, but never have I prayed to a pic Ash! God is God and Ash is Ash! Even though, I sometimes call her a goddess, I don't worhip or pray to her! But if some ppl do then it's all up to them!!
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well I don't know about worshipping them hahaha. There might be some people out there, I guess? But depends on how much you like that celebrity. But of course, its prolly not best to turn it into a religious affair in that sense lol >.<
Find me a celeb worth worshipping and I will turn my back on atheism. 😛
-Aladin- thumbnail
Originally posted by: xetaxeta

Find me a celeb worth worshipping and I will turn my back on atheism. 😛

Celebs worth worshipping, eh.  So far, no such celeb exists in my knowledge and I doubt we'll be getting one in near future.  😉

They are humans like us, aren't they?  The only difference is, that they are more popular, more famous, richer than an average joe and of course, loved by many people and also hated by as many.  ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Reeyan thumbnail
I think what the original poster here meant when she said that people worship celebrities, is that people here probably know more about their favorite celebrities then they know about God.  They spend way too much time discussing a news article that they don't even know is authentic. And, most of the time the topics that people discuss about these stars are of no benefit to anyone.  Yet, they still waste their precious time learning the most mundane fact in a star's life which is absolutely, a useless information.

This in essence becomes worship when all you do is search for articles, debate and fight for your favorites on a regular basis -- more then what you do for your creator.

I could be wrong in assuming this, but this is how I feel too sometimes.
Originally posted by: Reeyan

I think what the original poster here meant when she said that people worship celebrities, is that people here probably know more about their favorite celebrities then they know about God. They spend way too much time discussing a news article that they don't even know is authentic. And, most of the time the topics that people discuss about these stars are of no benefit to anyone. Yet, they still waste their precious time learning the most mundane fact in a star's life which is absolutely, a useless information.<br><br>This in essence becomes worship when all you do is search for articles, debate and fight for your favorites on a regular basis -- more then what you do for your creator.<br><br>I could be wrong in assuming this, but this is how I feel too sometimes.<br>

You hit the nail right on its head with this post. Some people here even know the plate number of their fav celeb's bike/car or which dress their favorite celeb wore on what occasion with what eyeshadow. 😆 😆
-Masakali- thumbnail
The atheist in me finds the celeb worships as crazy as God worship, but I think that's  for another discussion.
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Reeyan

I think what the original poster here meant when she said that people worship celebrities, is that people here probably know more about their favorite celebrities then they know about God.  They spend way too much time discussing a news article that they don't even know is authentic. And, most of the time the topics that people discuss about these stars are of no benefit to anyone.  Yet, they still waste their precious time learning the most mundane fact in a star's life which is absolutely, a useless information.

This in essence becomes worship when all you do is search for articles, debate and fight for your favorites on a regular basis -- more then what you do for your creator.

I could be wrong in assuming this, but this is how I feel too sometimes.

I really think this is the answer that makes alot of sense !! Fighting over or defending their favourits does not mean that their idols become the idols of God !! Do you think argueing here on this forum make any difference to anyone out there who walk around with their noses high up and would not even care to give a second glance even if they were your favourits !! If someone writes some different about their idols they go after them like mad !! As if you have abused their family member or them !! I know everyone on the screen is there to be watched as an artist and not like Gods !! You might have seen in reality shows when a celeb comes on stage the artists poor people run forward to touch their feet !! You may call this respect to whom only to them !! Do they go and touch the feet of anyone else in the audience !! "BIG NO"!!  so godly image is in some people's mind for these so call self made gods !! Money talks for them !! Aladinji is another member whose replies I love to read !! Aladin my friend you are 100% right whatever you have written !! Well said !! I fully agree !! Thanks for you wonderful replies !!
.glamorous. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
dont know if its relevant or not ...
but some maniac fans (in some parts of india) builds temple for celebs

LOL 🥱

back to topic - i agree wit lot of u esp aladin .. (sorry, cnt bother typin what i actually wanna say coz im so lazy ðŸ˜³)

Nice post!
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You can see from that some manics do have temples built for their favourite celebs !! I have actually seen some one has done so and do Aarti in the morning for that Actor !! She is about 20 !! Itni prayer Bhagwan yah Khuda ke samne karti toh kuch bhala ho jata !! In a pendent she has picture like we have of god she has of that actor !! Obcession is beyond the limit and madness prevails from there !!