Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks a lottttt Vijay for the info !!!

I will install the patches !!!😃
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: saher_90

Thanks vijay but i have a question do we have to install this window thing in laptop also???

Yeah you need to.

Cheers
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karan.T

I Don't Think We Need To Install Saher...!!!

Karan. Thats not true. Whether you are using a Laptop / Desktop with Windows OS you need to update.

Everyone with Windows Operating system has to update their windows with the latest Critical Update.

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ansh_Arti

Do I need to install it, because I am using Opera?

Thanks for the info!

x x

Well everyone "should" keep their Windows uptodate to be safe online.

Cheers
vijay thumbnail
As reported on Reuters:

Microsoft issues emergency "Google attack" patch

SEATTLE
Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11pm EST

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp on Thursday released a patch to protect users of its Internet Explorer browser from attacks similar to those directed at Google Inc's operations in China last week.

Technology  |  Media

The world's largest software company, which said hackers targeting Google and at least 20 other companies in China exploited a weakness in its browser, said its new patch was "critical" and people should apply it as soon as possible.

Other hackers have begun to exploit the flaw, according to researchers with Symantec Corp, the world's biggest security software maker.

Symantec has found viruses that take advantage of the weakness in Microsoft's browser on some 100 websites, security researcher John Harrison said on Thursday.

They are dangerous because they can infect the PC of any user who visits those sites. Unlike less powerful viruses, it is not necessary for people to download software for their machines to become infected, Harrison said.

PCs are safe if they apply the patch, which resolves eight vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Microsoft said. The most serious could allow hackers to gain control of a computer remotely via Web sites people visit while using the browser.

"We're always working, we have fewer vulnerabilities

than our competitors," said Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer at an energy conference in Houston, addressing cyber-security concerns.

He gave no indication that Microsoft would change its business in China after Google threatened to quit the country last week. "We respect the laws of China, it's the only appropriate thing for us to do," he said.

The viruses Symantec has found only successfully attack Internet Explorer 6, though hackers could figure out how to break through the defenses of Internet Explorer 7 and 8, the most recent version of the software, Symantec's Harrison said.

Most Internet Explorer customers, who have automatic updating enabled on their systems, will not need to take any action on the security patch, Microsoft said. For manual updating, it directed users to its website (here).

(Reporting by Bill Rigby, Jim Finkle and Anna Driver; Editing by Richard Chang and Robert MacMillan)

-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks alot vijay bhai
is it necessary for all computers?
saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Vijay We dont have symanctec in PC but we have quickheal 2009 so this virus will still attack our PC??
beautiself thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks 4 info Vijay..

Uff darn it! useless hackers n their creepy thinking