Harry Potter

What do you think are Hermione's insecurities? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 08 February 2010 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Well, throughout the saga, we have seen Hermione as a confident and smart and also passionate lover. She loved to be appreciated for whatever she does. So basically, I think this is her major insecurity. She cannot tolerate anyone demoralizing her and discrediting her for whatever she is doing. Moreover, she is nothing without company and friends....so we can say that she is very timid and introvert. Plus, she'll not budge until forced to do so and she always wants to prove a point. I think Hermione is the one of the characters who has a major list of insecurities.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What do you think are Hermione's insecurities? (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 February 2010 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Ooo can I just drop in something?? I've heard that they might be adding a Horcrux moment for Hermione in the film Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 11 February 2010 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Ooo can I just drop in something?? I've heard that they might be adding a Horcrux moment for Hermione in the film Big smile

OMG really? That's so cool. But how will they do it? I hope they consult JKR and don't make up anything.

HealMeForever

IF-Rockerz

HealMeForever

Posted: 20 March 2010 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eloquent

OMG what an amazing topic!!! Hermione is one of my most favouritestest characters. She is my muse! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Well, I don't have time else would type a longer post but here is what I think:

Her insecurities? Well they were ripped open in GoF during the whole Yule Ball phase. She's insecure about her looks. She doesn't look that good physically and she is very insecure about that. Also, dring that phase (which went right up till HBP even) she does not think that Ron will ever like her in that way..that he won't see her as a 'girl' and she felt that he always only thought of her only as 'one of the guys'. The whole Krum issue and the Yule Ball debacle basically just scream that out!

In the third book, her boggart is 'failure'. I think as she matured over the years, her boggart remained the same i.e failure bu the reasons for her failure changed.

Earlier, the kid-Hermione was afraid of failing in her exams and letting herself and her professors down and not being able to look at the professors in the face with pride, due to that.

From GoF till HBP, this failure now is manifested through her feelings for Ron and all of the above that I said. Also with her facing death (majorly y'know) in OotP and then again in HBP,  this fear of failure got manifested as her failure to protect friends and family.
yup even i think the same

Finally, in DH, she realizes what she must do to take down Voldemort--she understands her role in the Trio's quest for Horcruxes. Her role is that of the brains..she has to find all the answers, do all the research, think of new innovative spells that would protect them.

And she looks up a lot to Harry and she fears failing him in DH. Same goes for Ron. Also, she fears that she will fail to protect her parents esp in DH with all her memory charms.

Poor girl..the memory charm that she did to her parents must have kicked her in the gut and she had to live through all of that!

I will forever be annoyed with JKR for cutting out Hermione's Horcrux moment when she gave so much screenspace (or page-space :P) to Ron's. I think her Horcrux would probably have shown her losing everyone..to death...to madness...Ron leaving her...Harry succumbing to Voldemort, her parents dying and its all her fault (esp this because she was sooo guilty during the memory charm thingy) and I think as a last resort the Horcrux might even have shown Ron going all psycho and Tom-Riddle-ish like he was when he left the Trio because of the Locket's urging.

Well I said it wouldn't be a long post but its alsready become medium size by now, so I must quit typing!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top