IMPORTANT regarding Rules & Stalking Issue

Posted: 14 years ago
Hi everyone :)

How are you all doing?

I am making this post to clearify a few issues regarding our stalking rule in Chat Club. The rule itself states :-

"Stalking/Invite Only rule
As many of you are aware we have a rule in place called "Invite Only" which means that you are not to be posting in the CC's that you are not a member of. However, of course this is the internet and nothing can be hidden or locked away so if you DO go into these invite only CC's then you are doing that under your own responsibility and if you get "hurt" reading some comments or discussions then nothing can be done unless the post is against IF's COC. So what I mean is that if you come upon a post that is ridiculing your favourite character on TV DON'T REPORT IT unless it contains profanities or is against IF's COC. And it is a SINCERE request that you stop stalking each other's CC's and quit complaining about others stalking yours. If you post something or press the "like" button in a CC that you're not part of and you get reported then you will be one getting served a 20% increase in your warning level. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This rule also applies to members of IF's development team members so please refrain yourself from going into other CC's. The only members exempt from this rule are the dev. Team of this section, Channel moderators of IF General sections, Global Moderators and IF Administrators."

This does NOT mean that you cannot go into other CC's at all. It only says that you cannot press "like" in any of the CC's that you are not a member of and you cannot post something in those CC's either. However, YOU CAN REPORT any post you want of ANY CC [doesn't matter if you are part of it or not] BUT whether or not there are any consequences for that post shall be decided at the discretion of CC mods.

We simply do not want to see people using the report button to report posts that are bashing/ negatively discussing a fictional character on TV. The reported post has to include profanities OR be against IF COC. Simple discussion DOES NOT make it against IF COC thus no action will be taken against such reported posts.

Another thing I would like to mention is that we are going to make changes to the stalking rule. Now ALL Channel Moderators would be able to go into Chat Clubs and post notes if the need be. This is being done due to the fact that we have a lot of problems stemming in Chat Clubs that affect other various forums specially forums in Star One channel so basically now all CM's can come into CC's and handle matters if the CC mods are not available right away :)

Please note that only CM's are being given permission for this. If you see any other normal member or DT member [including mods, viewbies, coolbies, coolviewbies and videobies.] coming into an invite only CC and pressing like or makes a post while not being a member of that CC then please feel free to report him/her.

I hope I have cleared all the issues we have with this rule. If someone still has any questions then please feel free to PM me or write them down here so I can answer them :)

I hope this has made things clearer for a few people that were confused =)

Thank You,
Chat Clubs Dev. Team
Thank you Jot.

I really hope this situation does not occur again as it is disappointing to see connections between DMG and CC. A lot of stuff in forums are being traced back to CC. 
Edited by Gaganjot.S - 14 years ago
Thanks Jot.

So hopefully we should not have any connectivity in matters at CC and DMG or any other Forum. The talks done at one place should be said n done there itself and should not be bought to elsewhere.
Thanks for the rules Jot. But wats with tha like button rule ?? I am not interested in stalking other CCs but the rule about the like button is the one that I did not like. I mean we can even press the like button by mistake and there is not even an unlike button which we can use to unlike our mistake. Once while browsing through one of the CCs (CC of which I am a member) I was going to click on a link posted by a particular member but when i was just about to click the link the siggy of the above person got loaded and the link went down and instead i ended pressing the LIKE button of the above member. That was a CC of which I was a member but what if the same thing happens with other CCs. That means even for no mistake of member he will be given a WL ?? I agree with your rule about like button but give WL only if the member who is not a part of the CC keeps REPEATEDLY  liking post of the CC again. That would be an offense. I hope you understand what I meant to say and I would like to know your views on it πŸ˜ƒ

The other rules are cool and I will follow them !! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by ishan.k - 14 years ago
Thanks Jot...πŸ˜›

I dont stalks CC's as i am already busy... and thanks for the rules.. Hope everything will be fine in star one forum sections and in the CC's as well..

PS: Dont pm me for the CC reports there are already Mods for the CC section Please!!

Thank You!!
Edited by Sano88 - 14 years ago
Thanks so much Jot for the rules..

I,dont stalk CCs.
Well it is a fair enough rule that only CMs are allowed to comment in CCs and have the right to do so...

what defines profanities might lead to some confusion in the CC section...

having been in the CC section for a long time, Jot I would really like to see rules against bashing members using nicknames.... all of us know it is prevalent as much as people deny it..

Gagan
do u still want to trouble urself with problems in CCsection :O
u are mighty brave! looking forward to more members discussion threads..LOL
thanks for the rules Jot!

i dont stalk, so it does'nt matter to me, but yeah i hope people stop stalking!
Thanks jot,but does this mean you aren't allowed to press like for any cc u r not in? like not even if you're friend or etc are der?
thnx anywayz..
ps m new here.
Edited by AmbyCious - 14 years ago
Originally posted by AmbyCious

Thanks jot,but does this mean you aren't allowed to press like for any cc u r not in? like not even if you're friend or etc are der?
thnx anywayz..
ps m new here.
No,Dear where there's written (Invites only) if you are the member of the IO CC you can press the like button,But if you are not a member of any IO CC or you press the like button, you'll call a "STALKER"..

Hope it helps dear😊