Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:39pm | IP Logged

Have you ever feared something so much that you either procrastinate or find some excuse to avoid. Later after facing the fear, you find that actually it was nothing.

It could be fear of the unknown, fear of someone or fear of spiders (aracnophobia), fear of doing income tax, etc or pure laziness at times. worst is an addiction which is hard to get rid of.

Best way to get out of this is to face the fear.LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The greatest fear is fear itself" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

4teen11

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by baddie

In other words,
Nothing succeeds like Success!...and one can succeed only if one attempts at something...and to attempt, one need to get rid of any fear of the attempt...as simple as that.

One fears darkness and ignorance is darkness till one actually lights the 'Lamp of Attempt'

yes sometimes it is all psychological and only in our heads.
so you are called the Big Boss.Smile

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 1:48am | IP Logged
The topic name is one of my favourite quotes from one of the few books i've read in my life. (only because we were forced to study it at high school lol)
I'll never forget those words..Atticus Finch <3

Moving on from my obsession with TKAM, I'm a firm believer of what is destined to happen, shall happen. Like my dadi would often say..honi ko kaun taal sakta hai? Ofcourse that will not stop the fear that we feel inside us like when going to collect exam results.
People deal with things differently, some will deal with it emotionally and some will face the issue. It obviously depends on the situation and how it requires you to behave. If it becomes impossible for you to deal with the situation then well, maybe sometimes being in denial is the best way forward?..

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

The topic name is one of my favourite quotes from one of the few books i've read in my life. (only because we were forced to study it at high school lol)
I'll never forget those words..Atticus Finch <3

Moving on from my obsession with TKAM, I'm a firm believer of what is destined to happen, shall happen. Like my dadi would often say..honi ko kaun taal sakta hai? Ofcourse that will not stop the fear that we feel inside us like when going to collect exam results.
People deal with things differently, some will deal with it emotionally and some will face the issue. It obviously depends on the situation and how it requires you to behave. If it becomes impossible for you to deal with the situation then well, maybe sometimes being in denial is the best way forward?..
Destiny does have a role in our human lives but we have to put in the efforts to lead proper lives too.

Yes sometimes due to fear we lack confidence and often our fears turn to agression and violence too.
Every human emotion can expand and take on a life of its own and become larger than the situation.

But there are genuine problems too. There are cases of kids commiting suicide because they do not know how to handle the situation and have no one in whom they can confide. Take for example exam fears and financial woes and domestic problems, all these add up. I guess self denial does help us in some ways.

4teen11

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 2:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by baddie

herez a twisted tongue twister...

I fear a fear, a funny fear
A funny fear I fear
and if you fear the fear I fear
I fear the fear you fearSmile

Sometimes mass hysteria can be quite scary too. Imagine all going crazy and screaming.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl_2007

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 7:42am | IP Logged
At times fear can b quie crippling , how does one overcome that ...The person appears to B quite incapable of handling it on ones own !

Post Reply New Post

Go to top