Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Some random googling unearthed an old article - an interview with B. P. Singh -  with some interesting information. I don't think I'm allowed to post the entire article or the link so I'll just post a little extract with the relevant info.

First, this article is dated Jan 9, 2004 and it says that the show has completed 5 years and is currently in its 6th year. This just adds to the confusion of when the show began.

Second, there is a glaring error in the article. Shivaji Satam's character is identified as ACP Shrikant Patkar for some reason! Shocked LOL

Anyway, the interesting info is this:

Actually, I had made six episodes of the show even before Sony Entertainment Television saw the light of day.

Could you elaborate on that?
I had made six episodes in 1986. Sony began in 1994. Going back, I started my career in 1973 in Doordarshan. I was a news camera-man and handled the camera for about 10 years. Thereafter, I started getting an urge to break free. I thought I could see the scenes from a different and maybe better perspective. I asked Doordarshan if they were interested in serialising some detective stories. I started doing some groundwork by meeting some detectives, etc.

I made a film called Sirf Char Din - a murder mystery - which was relayed on Doordarshan. Then I produced Ek Shunya Shunya for Doordarshan again. That time, it was the third best thing happening. Ramayana had a TRP of 84, followed by Udaan having 83, followed by Ek Shunya Shunya registering 75. Then I made a few Marathi serials for Doordarshan. Then, Sony happened. Those days, the satellite channel invasion was being talked about a lot. I thought, let me do something on satellite channels. During my days at Doordarshan, I had started with C.I.D.

This is news to me! Apparently B. P. Singh made 6 episodes of CID back in the 80s? Nothing more is said about this in the article  which is a shame but still, I would love to know just how far did he go with those early episodes? Did he film anything? Did he have complete scripts? Were those scripts/ideas used in the show that's been airing on Sony? At the very least, I'd love to know about characters: it'd be interesting to see how much of those original characters and ideas made it into the show over a decade later.  Smile

Edited by Kal El - 16 January 2010 at 7:12pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sweety1087DemonStarSushaanManeetsunnyp1414

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "B. P. Singh made 6 Episodes of CID in 1986" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:49pm | IP Logged

Yes, I had read this article. He had first proposed the idea of CID to DD but they refused, and so it went to Sony. Also, ACP's name is mentioned as "ACP Shrikant Patkar" is certainly very mysterious, because I have seen this in other articles and interviews too.

teju_g

IF-Dazzler

teju_g

Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
yes i had read this article . thanks for info

hin_sa

hin_sa

Posted: 17 January 2010 at 6:07am | IP Logged
I think ACP is named as srikant patkar in the serial ek shoony shoony. Shivaji satam was playing the lead role in it.

Girl-Lawsworth

IF-Dazzler

Girl-Lawsworth

Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:34am | IP Logged
ohh! but in CID his name is ACP Shrikant Pradyuman!! n m damn sure bout it!

-Ayushi-

IF-Dazzler

-Ayushi-

Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:52am | IP Logged
thnks a lot

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Panchi-fanRamya

ohh! but in CID his name is ACP Shrikant Pradyuman!! n m damn sure bout it!
Yes, that's true. Yaar, someone ask Prabha Di, she knows.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:13am | IP Logged
"ACP Shrikant Patkar"??? That could be Satam Sir's name in Ek Shoonya Shoonya, I am pretty sure he was an ACP in that one too. Pridyuman, I think is used only as first name, not as a Surname. I could be wrong though.

Edited by prabhanarayan - 17 January 2010 at 10:16am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top