Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Summer3

Well the religious body can decide, or else they can use the  fire  symbol or   a light.

Sun signifies Fire..and Fire is worshiped by Parsies...WHY fire???😆. Even for light, they will come up with some wierd controversy...get my point??
God is smart - He believed in 'Divide and Rule'😉
To do away with religious distinctions, you'd have to do away with religion.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
How about going back to our roots & follow the religion of Humanity
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: angie.4u

How about going back to our roots & follow the religion of Humanity

You are right. When we are good no religion is needed because God will come to us instead.
_Angie_ thumbnail
It is said that each of us has a "God self" hidden within us. We just need to re discover it 😊Edited by angie.4u - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

It is said that each of us has a "God self" hidden within us. We just need to re discover it 😊

Yes the God and the Devil are in the same body😆
Kick the Devil out and only God remains.
Some say the universe is another form of God too because God and His creation cannot be separated.
_Angie_ thumbnail
What about the Devil, summerji? Can it b kicked out or separated from its err... host body? 😉 ðŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail

What about the Devil, summerji? Can it b kicked out or separated from its err... host body? 😉 ðŸ˜†

Here the devil means the ego or bad thoughts.😆
This is a bit different from evil spirits, voodo, hauntings etc which are exterior forces and has to be dealt with separately. Sometimes such spirits too can possess a person if they are not careful.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

People are different and will be different. It is but natural for humans to think, act and believe differently. Hence, based on different beliefs different religions will be there.

How do you propose we erase religious differences? Do I eliminate or sideline my personal thought process in order to conform to someone else's thought process? Or ought the other person eliminate and sideline their thought process to conform to my thought process? How do we draw the balancing line of equilibrium? How do you propose we ensure no one feels that they are giving up or compromising too much?

This elimination of religious difference is nothing but wishy washy sappy idealism. It is utterly impractical in the real world. After all we are all thinking humans not a bunch of zombies to mindlessly conform to one set process. Actually, the world would be too boring if everyone thought and acted the same.

Now live with our differences, that is something we can do. Of course there will be occasional bickering and some inflamed thoughts over these differences. It may affect us in little ways. We agree to disagree and move on to bigger and better things and focus on where we actually have common grounds. Most people in this world, the average ordinary humans do live harmoniously despite fundamental differences.

It is the idiots who take things literally and extremely who screw things up. Why should we try to change who we are on account of them. 'And it harm none, do as thou wilt'.

Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

People are different and will be different. It is but natural for humans to think, act and believe differently. Hence, based on different beliefs different religions will be there.

How do you propose we erase religious differences? Do I eliminate or sideline my personal thought process in order to conform to someone else's thought process? Or ought the other person eliminate and sideline their thought process to conform to my thought process? How do we draw the balancing line of equilibrium? How do you propose we ensure no one feels that they are giving up or compromising too much?

This elimination of religious difference is nothing but wishy washy sappy idealism. It is utterly impractical in the real world. After all we are all thinking humans not a bunch of zombies to mindlessly conform to one set process. Actually, the world would be too boring if everyone thought and acted the same.

Now live with our differences, that is something we can do. Of course there will be occasional bickering and some inflamed thoughts over these differences. It may affect us in little ways. We agree to disagree and move on to bigger and better things and focus on where we actually have common grounds. Most people in this world, the average ordinary humans do live harmoniously despite fundamental differences.

It is the idiots who take things literally and extremely who screw things up. Why should we try to change who we are on account of them. 'And it harm none, do as thou wilt'.

Yes you are right that we cannot merge all the religions into one. I was just thinking of more emphasis on the commonality rather than differences, not the merging of religions but all religions being under a  Religious Board. Currently there are inter-religious meetings being held in some countries annually but we could take it a step further.
Ideally we should stop calling ourselves Hindus, Muslims etc as God is basically one and all religions should expand and understand this and accept it. But Greed is one of the main reasons why most religions do not want to recognise other religions; they hate the idea of their followers going elsewhere.