Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Why are millions of people around the world so convinced that there is at least 1 Supreme Being that looks over us and takes care of us and that He created the world and all that. I don't mean to hurt people's religious sentiments, but don't people realize that they are ultimately praying to a idol that is nonliving. We say that humans are so advanced mentally, but are we really? Then why do so many people worship idols which won't do anything to them;won't harm or benefit them. Why don't people realize that they are just wasting their precious time?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why so religious?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Why are millions of people around the world so convinced that there is at least 1 Supreme Being that looks over us and takes care of us and that He created the world and all that. I don't mean to hurt people's religious sentiments, but don't people realize that they are ultimately praying to a idol that is nonliving. We say that humans are so advanced mentally, but are we really? Then why do so many people worship idols which won't do anything to them;won't harm or benefit them. Why don't people realize that they are just wasting their precious time?

Are you kidding me ????????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nkForever-KA

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged

Bhai God is an Alien and he may just zap you.LOL
I used to think the same way when young but after experiencing so many incidents/miracles in our lives I got to say that the Big Man up there know what he is doing.
But generally we are all Gods too.Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfangel5655Meena1

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

I think every religion does the Idol worshiping......for eg:the Kaaba is more ancient than the Muslims' religion. The history of Islam is only about fourteen hundred + years old, bt that black stone in the Kaaba is hundreds of thousands of years old....but still people worshiping that stone...its all different kind of belief and medication...that time people dont feel its an idol...but theres two type of people, those people only see the idols and forget to worship, others are only knows to worship....I believe worshiping itself a art of making Idol....Smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Why so religious?

For the exact same reason as to why so serious.

Siriusly!

Edited by return_to_hades - 13 January 2010 at 10:11pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Why so religious?--Religious topic ..religious answers or comment...Wink

For the exact same reason as to why so serious.-- serious question.....serious answers or commentsTongue

Siriusly!--Siriusly CoolWink

sameer.84

IF-Sizzlerz

sameer.84

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
so you mean universe came just like that? life came just like that? humans really came frm apes?

and so many religions frm china to middle east since thousands of years teachng that there is One God is all foolishness?

my question will be: why so many dont believe in God? are they out of their senses?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mins97angelic_devilMeena1

sameer.84

IF-Sizzlerz

sameer.84

Posted: 13 January 2010 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

I think every religion does the Idol worshiping......for eg:the Kaaba is more ancient than the Muslims' religion. The history of Islam is only about fourteen hundred + years old, bt that black stone in the Kaaba is hundreds of thousands of years old....but still people worshiping that stone...its all different kind of belief and medication...that time people dont feel its an idol...but theres two type of people, those people only see the idols and forget to worship, others are only knows to worship....I believe worshiping itself a art of making Idol....Smile 

no muslims dont worship Kaaba. we worship Allah - the Supreme Being above the heavens. Owner and Creator of universe. we only pray in the direction of kaaba.

Edited by sam_84 - 13 January 2010 at 11:37pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mins97chimuliP1nkEnycedollPerfangel5655Fair-n-luvlybaz786ruky786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top