chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Here's a kids' story I wrote a couple of weeks ago... hope you like it! :D

Hermit the Crab

It was a bright and sunny day. Hermit the crab wriggled out of his hole in the sand and let the sunshine wash over him. He scuttled over to the edge of water to see if he could spot something tasty for breakfast.

"Oh, there's a seashell!" Hermit exclaimed. "That would do wonderfully for me!"

Hermit waded into the shallow water and grabbed the shell in one of his pincers and hurried back to the shore before a wave could engulf him. He was just about to settle down and enjoy the seashell when a shadow loomed over him.

"Oh, dear," Hermit said softly. He could see two girls and a boy staring at him. He knew what would happen next. And sure enough it did.

"Oh, look! It's a crab!" the boy yelled.

""Let's chase it!" the girls shrieked, charging at him.

Hermit panicked and started to scuttle away. He could hear the kids laughing behind him. He gripped the shell in his pincer and looked around for a place to hide. There was no place for him to go except into the ocean.

Hermit ran towards the water's edge and cautiously stepped into the sea. He shivered as he saw a gigantic wave coming towards him. He dug his legs into the sand to save himself from floating away and then ran as fast as he could towards the beach. He ran and ran and soon he was too exhausted to run anymore. Still holding the seashell, he sank down on the sand and let the kids surround him, not caring whether they killed him.

"There," Hermit mumbled. "I give up' are you happy now?"

"Oh, I feel sorry for it," one of the girls said, to her siblings. "Let's just chase him back to his hole and leave him."

"All right," the other two agreed.

Hermit could hardly believe his ears. He rushed back to his hole with the kids following him and slipped into the ground. He could hear the kids laughing but they didn't try to chase him anymore.

"Well, well," Hermit marvelled. "It looks like there really is kndness left in the world!"

Having said that, Hermit settled down comfortably to enjoy his shell and spent the rest of the day in peace.

Edited by chhilt - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tes_v1 thumbnail

Hey Chhilt!

This is a nice kids story!

A short and sweet one yet with a message: Kindness still exists in this world!

Would like to read more from you....

Tia

chhilt thumbnail

Originally posted by: tes_v1

Hey Chhilt!

This is a nice kids story!

A short and sweet one yet with a message: Kindness still exists in this world!

Would like to read more from you....

Tia

Thanks Tia :) Really appreciate it :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Aww, that's such a cute story Chhilt! :D Really enjoyed reading it!

You should publish this for a children's book.
chhilt thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Aww, that's such a cute story Chhilt! :D Really enjoyed reading it!   You should publish this for a children's book.

Thanks, Lils! Haha... I wish :P
chhilt thumbnail

Thanks, Scarlett :)