FnB: My Wedding Journey-Pt 2: Hair & Make up Pg 3

fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Finally, the date was fixed and it was for the 29th October'the day I was waiting for two whole years'..These were the best of my life'although it was a bit hard maintaining a long distance relationship'me in UK and him in India..

There were times when I missed him soo badly, but then it was all good and I could not keep my excitement when the date was fixed!!!! My now husband was just as happy which was the best part mashalla.

So the biggest and most important for me was to find the perfect wedding dress.. I wanted to look beautiful, and feel special'.This was hard, but I had my best critics with me'my sisters and mum. They gave me the best opinions and I love them so much for this.

I first went for all English wedding dresses, but since I was getting married in India, we kind of decided it wasn't possible, and I would instead wear one when we had a reception in the UK on the return (different story that it didn't happen L ).

So I thought of going completely indian. I wanted the perfect colour, embroidery, and everything a girl dreams for, I went dress shopping, bored my sis and mum out, and at the end of each trip we would end up mega tired. But it was all worth it.

It must have been five or six trips by the time the shopkeepers even knew us'but I was still not satisfied with what I had tried on. But the good thing was that I had decided on the colour'hot pink'.why this one.??....

Well we went to this shop, where I tried on this hot pink fish cut skirt and top, and when I came out of the changing room, and saw the smile on my mum and sis face, it brought tears to my eyes and my mums. I looked in the mirror, and it looked beautiful. Absolutely stunning even though the embroidery wasn't the best' it brought out my colour, as I am not very dark, this colour suited me perfect'(its bringing tears to my eyes now L )

So that was decided. The shape of the skirt highlighted my best parts and the colour was done. However, I still did not like the embroidery.

So, I got my wedding dress tailor made and hand embroidered with the design I liked from another suit and put all the pieces together. It took them three weeks to make my dress. I got this done in India and it looked superb. Again when I tried it on, and my dad saw me this time, we were all in tears (I think we are a bit of an emotional family!!!)

It was a hot pink fish cut skirt, short sleeves (quarter length) and I kept the dupatta light so that it would stay on my hear and nicely. I did not want a neck ache'!! I had stone work and diamonds on it too, so that on the day, when the lights would shine, the dress would sparkle'

So it was perfect. The advantage about India, is that everything is available so easily, I got my matching jewellery with it too, lots of bangles, necklace, earrings, side bindi payal, pahaunchi (don't know what its called) and rings ' keeping my wedding ring finger empty.

Ok'How did you like it guys?? Positive and negative feedback please.

What part of the wedding planning would you like next??

Any questions welcome too

And I hope I didn't bore you guys out!!

Edited by fammma - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss.Netherland thumbnail
It was very sweet to share such a experience of you
Very positive

Could you please say how you and your husband met and fell in love because i am curious how it all started out as he is India
-LilyGurl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
aww it was such a nice entry
hoping to read more
viva_amez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i loved reading it....very thrilling and exciting...
waiting for the next part
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yaaay!
Congo's on your Diary :)

I loved reading it!
Im glad you found the perfect dress :)

For next part, im just about ready to read anything cause it'll all sound good xD

Maybe you can do something on make-up?
or your trip to india or wedding arrangements (booking hall, caterer's, etc)
fammma thumbnail
thanks for the feedback.

i'll do the second part soon, maybe the make up/hair etc part...

@Miss Netherland: We go to India quite often as a family for holidays, also we have alot of family back there too..

We both come from the same village, so we would meet occasionaly, and then in the trip two years ago, their family asked for my rishta...
got engaged, we kept in touch since then and I think it was more love after the arranged part. I also went back in those two years to meet him, and he would come all the way to mumbai to pick me up too...!!

Had the best times of my life then!! x
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Loved reading it 😃
Your outfit sounds gorgeous, especially the colour ðŸ˜›
Hmm sounds like a good idea to get it tailor-made
Aww it was very sweet to read, especially how you all got teary 😳
Next, I think hair/make-up would be good or wedding invites?
P.S. Is pahaunchi like paanchasaakhri, like bracelets with chains with rings attached? (sorry if thats confusing) 😕
Jiannax143 thumbnail
aww how did you guys meet? =]

i loved it! it was awesome :)
i think you should talk about wedding jewelry in your next entry or you can do make up? 😊
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: fammma

thanks for the feedback.

i'll do the second part soon, maybe the make up/hair etc part...

@Miss Netherland: We go to India quite often as a family for holidays, also we have alot of family back there too..

We both come from the same village, so we would meet occasionaly, and then in the trip two years ago, their family asked for my rishta...
got engaged, we kept in touch since then and I think it was more love after the arranged part. I also went back in those two years to meet him, and he would come all the way to mumbai to pick me up too...!!

Had the best times of my life then!! x

Awww thats sweet!

fammma thumbnail
Originally posted by: missindia26

Loved reading it 😃

Your outfit sounds gorgeous, especially the colour ðŸ˜›
Hmm sounds like a good idea to get it tailor-made
Aww it was very sweet to read, especially how you all got teary 😳
Next, I think hair/make-up would be good or wedding invites?
P.S. Is pahaunchi like paanchasaakhri, like bracelets with chains with rings attached? (sorry if thats confusing) 😕

Thank you.. I still look at the dress and feel like dressing up all over again!!!

yep thats what I mean, but with only one ring..