Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

Yada, yada hi dharmasya....?

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

After patni dharma is bhrasht when Radhika leaves in spite of Dev's insistence, suddenly in today's episode the contrast of good and evil is being shown in 2 rooms at VB with the background shlok of "yada yada is dharmasya..." playing was like adding gasoline to the fire for me.

The story is so wildly swaying with the introduction of the wierd storylines and then the hint of the battle between the good and evil in religious terms is appalling!

Bhagvad Gita chapter 4, shloks 7 and 8:

Yada yada hi dharmasya, glanir bhavati bharata
Abhyuthanam adharmasya tadatmaanam srujaamyaham

Paritranaaya saadhunaam vinaashaaya ch dushcritaam
Dharmasanstha panaarthaaya sambhavaami yuge yuge

The simple meaning is :

Whenever dharma declines, O Bharat (Arjun), and the purpose of life is forgotten, I will manifest myself

I am born in every age (yugas) to protect the good, to destroy the evil and reestablish dharma

Anyone who has read and understand BG, these 2 shloks are the essence of BG and are so beautiful.

To apply these shloks to the stories taking shape in CB lately is so crass and disgusting.  Is this a ploy to introduce religion and attract or lure people to watch on those grounds, knowing that the viewership is disenchanted?  How low can the MISCREATIVES stoop?
Edited by gardes - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: gardes

After patni dharma is bhrasht when Radhika leaves in spite of Dev's insistence, suddenly in today's episode the contrast of good and evil is being shown in 2 rooms at VB with the background shlok of "yada yada is dharmasya..." playing was like adding gasoline to the fire for me.

The story is so wildly swaying with the introduction of the wierd storylines and then the hint of the battle between the good and evil in religious terms is appalling!

Bhagvad Gita chapter 4, shloks 7 and 8:

Yada yada hi dharmasya, glanir bhavati bharata
Abhyuthanam adharmasya tadatmaanam srujaamyaham

Paritranaaya saadhunaam vinaashaaya ch dushcritaam
Dharmasanstha panaarthaaya sambhavaami yuge yuge

The simple meaning is :

Whenever dharma declines, O Bharat (Arjun), and the purpose of life is forgotten, I will manifest myself

I am born in every age (yugas) to protect the good, to destroy the evil and reestablish dharma

Anyone who has read and understand BG, these 2 shloks are the essence of BG and are so beautiful.

To apply these shloks to the stories taking shape in CB lately is so crass and disgusting.  Is this a ploy to introduce religion and attract or lure people to watch on those grounds, knowing that the viewership is disenchanted?  How low can the MISCREATIVES stoop?

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Brilliant!
So do they now mean that Dev is Kanha and Rad is Arjun!! ..........so now lets see amma is that mama shakuni, vishaka is Duryodhana/Dushasana combined (well she did send Rad to be raped).............but in Mahabaratha, Draupadi was disrobed..........I don't remember Arjun being disrobed!!!😲.........Devki must be Dhritarashtra and Shastriji, Gandhari.........now Vivek must be Yudhishthir.....Dadima must be Bheeshma+drona+vidur combined, vaishali and the machars are just vaishali and machars.............so now I have got the characters right.......πŸ˜• at least I hope so..........but will have to cross check with Raj because he knows much more of these religeous matters than I do πŸ˜Š ............so lets all do tha shankha dhwani and let the war start πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
πŸ‘πŸ‘
gardes thumbnail
Misti, At least you brought a smile back to my face.  I was sitting here fuming!  Now go set the stage for the entry of these characters in the MISCREATIVES' minds and write your satire.

You can tell, I am running out of names for the CREATIVES!  UN ho gaya, ILL ho gaya, ab MIS aaya hai!
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

i like the ideas and the topic but i'm not that good about BG AND MAHABHARATHA so can not give a long answer.BUT AGREE WITH YOU.

sigrid thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Grades, you know creatives will stoop low for the trps. 😑 😑 😑

But you have put an excellent explaination of the shloks.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: gardes

At least you brought a smile back to my face.  I was sitting here fuming!  Now go set the stage for the entry of these characters in the MISCREATIVES' minds and write your satire.

You can tell, I am running out of names for the CREATIVES!  UN ho gaya, ILL ho gaya, ab MIS aaya hai!

uhho.........no satire on Mahabharata..........Raj will kill me..........don't want to die so early in lifeπŸ˜ƒ
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: alujna-21

i like the ideas and the topic but i'm not that good about BG AND MAHABHARATHA so can not give a long answer.BUT AGREE WITH YOU.

Thanks for your post, alujna.
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: sigrid

Grades, you know creatives will stoop low for the trps. 😑 😑 😑

But you have put an excellent explaination of the shloks.

Thanks, Sigrid
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: misti73

uhho.........no satire on Mahabharata..........Raj will kill me..........don't want to die so early in lifeπŸ˜ƒ

Whereever did I mention Mahabharat?  I am talking of the MISCREATIVES' thinking!

(p.s.  What is the lining up of characters in terms of MB called?  I will not tell Raj about it!  πŸ˜‰)
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Misti, I will take your characterization.  At least, then they will show lead characters (Arjuan and Kanha or Radhika and Dev) fighting for their rights rather than just sitting like a lame duck.  Dev is so strict with Radhika in small things (rasoi, puja, her request for simple wedding) and lets her get away with anything big (hiding truth about Vikram, going to producer's house and so on).  If they had shown him today taking a hard stand that as a husband, he has a right to know where his wife went so late then Radhika would have been forced to tell the truth.  Shastriji have always forced Radhika to tell the truth by telling her that as a daughter she has to obey him.  But, Dev is shown to have such admiration for Radhika that he is just too gentle with her at the wrong times.  Well, these miscreatives or Irritatives or Greediatives can not think of nice storyline without copying from all the lame shows.  This is true for all the serials.  I used to like Agle Janam a lot but it is also going through the same type of stupidity.