Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE Reviews here + member reviews (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 5:57am | IP Logged
B.O. update: 'P.I.' better at metro plexes, 'DMG' uninspiring
- By Taran Adarsh, January 9, 2010 - 08:18 IST
PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE sprung a pleasant surprise by fetching a positive start at select multiplexes [of metros]. The opening day figures at plexes of some centres were decent. Its target audience - the youth - were responsible for its encouraging start. Let's see if the business gets better on Saturday and Sunday. DULHA MIL GAYA, on the other hand, had an insubstantial start. At smaller centres specifically, the business was slightly better than PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE. However, the presence of star names hasn't ensured a flying start for the film.
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/boxoffice_update/index.html

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE Reviews here + member reviews (Page 8)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel39

IF-Dazzler

Angel39

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Thanks Human Torch, happy it is doing average business. but it will prob fall after the weekend.

romiebee2002

IF-Stunnerz

romiebee2002

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Will watch it and give feedback

september2

Goldie

september2

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
I thought PI was really cute..its a light hearted movie that you can watch with your family...I was surprised because I wasn't expecting much out of this movie but uday and pc were great!

-Anjaani-

IF-Rockerz

-Anjaani-

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
loved it! very good movie, at least you can watch it with your family!!!!

Tweety2014

IF-Rockerz

Tweety2014

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
I watched this movie, and i thought it was a sweet love story. Priyanka looked great in every angle and Uday also looked good. Overall i am pleased with the movie.

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Pyaar Impossible Review
http://www.filmfare.com/articles/pyaar-impossible-351.html     
Director: Jugal Hansraj
Cast: Uday Chopra, Priyanka Chopra, Dino Morea
Alisha (Priyanka Chopra) plays a rather convincing college beauty queen. Abhay (Uday Chopra) is the geek (not so convincing) who is surprised at his own existence. A very drunken incident almost costs Alisha her life. Abhay saves her but before she realises who he is, an upset father takes her away from college. Abhay never forgets her and spends seven years in developing a software on which one can run all operating systems (WHAT?). Anyway, Siddharth (Dino Morea) is interested in buying the software but requires the original program files. Abhay (who calls his dad (Anupam Kher in a sweet role) for help before making any decision) says he can't part with the program files. Siddharth, actually named Varun Sanghvi steals the software. Abhay chases him to Singapore and bumps into Alisha, now a divorced mother with a monster child. What ensues is a heartwarming and sometimes funny love triangle in the middle of a software controversy.

The plot is extremely convoluted. The characters ride on cliches. Alisha is a hot girl, oblivious to the sufferings of geeks, and completely inept at handling computers. Ironically, she is the PR and Marketing representative of a computer company. Abhay is a geek who has absolutely no self esteem and not even the courage to fight for his own rights. Varun is the charming hunk who everyone believes in and can get away with theft solely on the basis of his charm. There are logical loopholes and given that the story centres around a geek, the audience's intelligence is somewhat undermined. The really touching moment in the film, a big redeeming factor, is the title song where Alisha realises that it is extremely difficult for a geek with an unpleasant outward appearance to find love in this materialistic world.

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 09 January 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aneeshadgr8

PI songs are chartbusters..the promtions are like hundred times better than DMG..if srk had been prmoting DMG den it would have been a diff case....hmmm....oh well i chose 3I 2day over this..obvious choicelol..but if hope the movie does reasonably well.n expectations though...Unhappy

I agree, I really like the songs. DMG had good songs too, but the reviews haven't been positive. At least PI has been getting mixed reviews

Post Reply New Post

Go to top