Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

melancholic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
seriously me too hate dat pairon mein bandhan hai songs, bt i hate those idiotic songs ughh mohbbataein is the worst ever cd i ever possessed uggh.. lol
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tpam

u r hilarious varun!! i ws laughing sohard reading urs n aneesha's convo πŸ˜†πŸ˜† the song is " mayeni mayeni " i guessπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

wat do u mean by no girl wud hate that song in india? πŸ˜•i m a girl n i dnt like dat songπŸ˜†

huh..!!!πŸ˜†..its nt like i have to be girl to like such songsπŸ˜†..i love all the songs frm HAHK...but hello varun..!!..i dnt like it because m a girlπŸ˜†..dnt wrry,i wont use this song to get me married🀣
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Masand's movie review: Pyaar Impossible is impossible to watch

Direction: Jugal Hansraj

Films with titles like Pyaar Impossible are begging to be spoofed. This impossible romantic comedy between a geek and a gorgeous girl stars Uday Chopra as nebbish nerd Abhay, who spends most of his college years crushing on the campus hottie Alisha (played by Priyanka Chopra), who barely notices him at all, even though he once saved her from drowning.

The two of them cross paths again, seven years later in Singapore, when divorced single-mother Alisha mistakenly hires Abhay as a nanny to her six-year-old daughter. Happy to just be around her, Abhay doesn't reveal his identity and sportingly goes along with the situation.

Before long he's won over the girl, an annoying, precocious tyke who decides to play cupid between mummy and nanny. Together with the kid, Abhay sabotages Alisha's budding romance with her colleague Varun (played by Dino Morea), who by the way has also stolen Abhay's revolutionary new software program and passed it off as his own.

Directed by Jugal Hansraj and written by Uday Chopra, Pyaar Impossible is painfully predictable, and offers nothing original in its writing or treatment. On more occasions than one, the makers compromise basic common sense to deliver scenes that are offensive or plain dangerous. Alisha leaves her six-year-old daughter to be supervised by a male nanny she has met less than 5 minutes ago. On another occasion, the kid volunteers to sleep over at a friend's house so Abhay can get some alone time with her mummy. The morning after she asks him for all the details.

To be entirely honest, I didn't quite understand what the film was trying to say in the first place. That beauty isn't skin deep and that there's more to love than just surface-level attraction? I suppose that's why Alisha ends up with Abhay in the end. But why doesn't the same logic apply to his interest in her? After all I can't think of one reason why anyone would be drawn to Alisha if it isn't for her beauty – she's pretty harebrained, she's not a responsible mother, she has a fake accent, and she dresses like a tart. If you ask me, Abhay's too good for her.

Pyaar Impossible doesn't work because it's hard to empathize with any of the characters and because the actors fail to rise above the flawed script. It's back-breakingly long at two hours and twenty-odd minutes, and I can't remember one single scene that made me smile. The humour is ordinary, and the pre-climax romantic scene in a Mac store is the most embarrassing I can remember in recent times.

For Salim-Suleiman's peppy music score alone, I'm going with one out of five for director Jugal Hansraj's Pyaar Impossible. Indeed, it's impossible to find much love for this film!

Rating: 1 / 5

I don't like the HAHK or Mohabattein soundtrack either. Its albums like those that make me discount most 90s music actually.

Back to this film. Oh well I knew this was a disaster from the start. Moving on to Anjaana Anjaani and 7 Husbands I guess.
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

PI getting mixed reviews!

Well, I didnt have many expectations from the first place, but it seems like a sweet chick-flick! Something we have not seen for along time I think.

Hum apke hain kaun is likee my favourite film!!!!! It is a classic! Its really cheesy but I like it.
One more

Review : Pyaar Impossible
(Romance/Comedy)
Anupama Chopra, Consulting Editor, Films, NDTV

At one point in Pyaar Impossible, Alisha, a hottie played by Priyanka Chopra asks major geek Abhay, played by Uday Chopra, "Tumhe lagta hai ki log ek doosre ko sirf khoobsurti ki wajah se chahte hain?" That's really shallow.

She could have been talking about the film. Pyaar Impossible is one of those superbly shallow films that manages to offend you on every level - as a viewer, as a woman, as a mother. This Notting Hill-style rom-com is singularly charmless and absolutely impossible.

Pyaar Impossible is a vehicle for Uday Chopra who has also written and produced the film. Uday has cast himself as a lovable geek who recognises his limitations.

In one scene he even says, "Main koi prince charming toh nahin hun." Which is why the college queen Alisha is barely aware of his existence. He saves her life but she doesn't know what he looks like.

They meet seven years later in Singapore. She is now a divorced working mother - a fact she repeats again and again. And her six-year-old daughter Tanya is the most demonic child seen on screen since Damien terrorised us in The Omen.

Somehow, Abhay ends up as Tanya's nanny. In one of the script's many absurd moments, Alisha leaves her daughter with a male nanny whom she has never met.

Before you know it, Tanya is trying to set up her nanny with her mom. She has a sleep over at a friends house so mom and nanny can bond. The next day she even asks Abhay, "Give me the goss."

If this was my daughter, I would donate her to charity. Together Tanya and nanny also foil the rival, Varun, played by Dino Morea, who incidentally has also stolen's Abhay's revolutionary new software program.

If the plot description sounds convoluted, imagine what the film is like.

Director Jugal Hansraj stretches out this limp tale over two and a half hours. The film's message is just as garbled as the plot.

In one scene, Abhay demonstrates to Alisha that ugly people can't find love. So, he makes her unattractive and takes her to several bars. And she is so shocked to find that the boys aren't interested in her ugly avtaar that she starts to weep.

For most of the film though, Priyanka looks like a million bucks - it seems like Jugal and Uday have spent more time on her styling than the script. But for reasons unknown, she acts like a hyper teenager.

Uday plays the nerd with absolute sincerity but it's hard to summon up any affection for him. And Dino seems to have decided that expression is a waste of time. His face just stays blank.

Pyaar Impossible is depressingly dim-witted.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_Review.aspx?id=470

melancholic thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angel39

PI getting mixed reviews!

Well, I didnt have many expectations from the first place, but it seems like a sweet chick-flick! Something we have not seen for along time I think.

Hum apke hain kaun is likee my favourite film!!!!! It is a classic! Its really cheesy but I like it.

naah not talking abt the movie lol. its abt the girly song " mayeni mayeni " lol .. dat song is pretty irritating πŸ˜†
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tpam

naah not talking abt the movie lol. its abt the girly song " mayeni mayeni " lol .. dat song is pretty irritating πŸ˜†

Yeh I know you talking about the song....I agree with the songs, I think there was a song called 'chocolate, lime juice ice cream' in there too I think. But anyways, this was my chance to express how much I loved that movie, so I thought I shall add it in! πŸ˜†
Sweet chick flick? Yuck!What on earth is a DMG anyway?
melancholic thumbnail
DMG , lol dulha mil gaya :P