Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: aneeshadgr8

u like the album๐Ÿ˜ฒ..i thought its a total "girlish" album so the boys r gonna run away f it or some thing๐Ÿ˜†

^^^

its ok ...i like girlish songs...bt not those types...like mainu mainu (hum aapke) and pairon mein bandhan hai,.ewwww SO DISGUSTING...๐Ÿคข
gujunpyo thumbnail
wts mainu mainu..?๐Ÿค”

i thnk HAHK n mohbatien have classic sound tracks๐Ÿ˜†
gujunpyo thumbnail
The film springs a surprise on you - just when you're expecting a teeny-bopper tale of unrequited love, the story flash-forwards from college campus to several years later. The geek is still a geek, wearing colour-co-ordinated pyjamas with his dad (Anupam Kher) and eating cereal every single morning for breakfast.

Back in college, Abhay (Uday Chopra) was in love with college rock-star Alisha (Priyanka Chopra) who was totally out of his league, but still hasn't forgotten her.

Working on a new revolutionary software for the last few years, Abhay meets a hot-shot investor (Dino Morea) for a presentation. As luck would have it, the "investor" steals his idea to sell it to a huge software company in Singapore.

Following this mysterious man to Singapore, Abhay comes face-to face with college crush Alisha who's working as the Marketing Head of this very company. Now a divorcee and single mom to a six-year-old (sweet kid, but why do films love kids that talk like grown-ups?), Alisha fails to recognise Abhay and gets friendly with him owing to circumstances. Will their pyaar that was impossible seven years ago, remain just that?

Pyaar Impossible is one of those films that could have been hugely entertaining and contemporary, but loses out because of a few faults. Take for example, the finale that is unfolded in a bizarre fashion on stage. It's difficult to understand why filmmakers love to do that.

The geek in the film doesn't elicit our attention or sympathy for a nanosecond. Abhay's character is written to win our hearts the way underdog characters are supposed to, but it doesn't entirely work. Producer-writer-actor Uday Chopra is earnest, but he doesn't bring much warmth or charm to the role. Alisha's character is the one that saves the movie somewhat, as it's a very modern-day, interesting part played superbly by Priyanka Chopra. The actress gets the mom act perfectly, right down to nuances like the mock anger that never fools the kid, the proud face while watching the child's school play and her attempts to make her eat broccoli with a pile of noodles. However, there are the hyper-enthusiastic bits when you see Chopra's character - a senior employee at a big firm - swinging her arms childishly while talking and giggling like a ditzy teen.

The background score and interesting songs keep you happy, even as you wish the movie paced up. Technically, the film is a treat. Sound design, costumes (a bit too racy for corporate wear, but Priyanka Chopra pulls it off), art design, cinematography are top-notch. One does feel claustrophobic in this indoors-shot movie and some more of Singapore's sights and sounds would have definitely provided some visual relief. Editing could have chopped off some flab to make it a snappier version.

Dialogue is functional - no memorable lines but no complaints either. Director Jugal Hansraj, who made the forgettable Roadside Romeo in 2008, shows promise with Pyaar Impossible. So there you have it: a simple story of impossible pyaar turning possible with a contemporary touch. It's an average watch, largely elevated by Priyanka Chopra's performance and zillion-dollar look.

Rating: 2.5 stars

Edited by aneeshadgr8 - 14 years ago

wts mainu mainu..?๐Ÿค”

i thnk HAHK n mohbatien have classic sound tracks๐Ÿ˜†

what is that stupid track tht madhuri sings in tht movie...i hate tht song...its like jogan hogayi teri sagayi..something like tht...i hate it...broke my neighbour's cassete when i heard it long back๐Ÿ˜† Edited by Human_Torch - 14 years ago
gujunpyo thumbnail
n i have still preserved my hum aapke hai kaun cassette even though i dnt have a tape recorder lol๐Ÿ˜†
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I will wait for DVD. TA review hardly matters.

n i have still preserved my hum aapke hai kaun cassette even though i dnt have a tape recorder lol๐Ÿ˜†

u r a girl so its obvious..i guess tht no girl in india could hate tht song...so its obvious..

but i cant tolerate tht...๐Ÿคข
melancholic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Human_Torch

u r a girl so its obvious..i guess tht no girl in india could hate tht song...so its obvious..

but i cant tolerate tht...๐Ÿคข

u r hilarious varun!! i ws laughing sohard reading urs n aneesha's convo ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† the song is " mayeni mayeni " i guess๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

wat do u mean by no girl wud hate that song in india? ๐Ÿ˜•i m a girl n i dnt like dat song๐Ÿ˜†
^^^

really thankgod...koi to mili...hurray๐Ÿ˜†
i also remember i broke the cd of mohabbatein in a party๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...when some girls were repeatedly playing the same track.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•.

har do min baad....paaron mein bandhan hai..๐Ÿ˜•

pairrooon mein bandhan hai...๐Ÿ˜•

am asking to stop or change phir bhi...๐Ÿ˜ก

pairoon mein bandhon mein...

aakhir insaan hun...kitna tolerate karunga.๐Ÿ˜†.i took the cd out...and broke it and throw it on my legs and then i said...PAIRON MEIN BANDHAN HAI...๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜†

i had to pay rs 300 but i am satisified to stop tht torture๐Ÿ˜†

thankgod there is so such songs in this movie whew
Edited by Human_Torch - 14 years ago