Bullied to death: They committed suicide - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

oh I have alreadfy stopped growing, I think....I was short anyways.
no deb u have until 21.. im almost 20 and i just reached my dads height.. we stop growin by 21.. in my family atleast.
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

no deb u have until 21.. im almost 20 and i just reached my dads height.. we stop growin by 21.. in my family atleast.
I know that. But I was of the same same height 1 and a half months ago and I'm still the same height, it's obvious that I've stop growing, plus I'm short😭
 Isnt bullyin fcking up someones life and destroying their confidence in the long run? some kids carry this fear for years and become insecure, this is why they commit suicide. This destroys their inner positive beliefe abt themselves, some are soo scared they can't tell their parents, its easier said then done, It's not true that bullies come from messed up backgrounds some do but not all and those who do need be suspended for a while, In my school we had this great system called the 'Remove' this is where all the bullys ended up under a weekly report for several months, they were not allowed to interact with other kids and staff for a couple of months either. And if after this suspension they didn't change then eventually they got kicked out.
Originally posted by P1nk

Isnt bullyin fcking up someones life and destroying their confidence in the long run? some kids carry this fear for years and become insecure, this is why they commit suicide. This destroys their inner positive beliefe abt themselves, some are soo scared they can't tell their parents, its easier said then done, It's not true that bullies come from messed up backgrounds some do but not all and those who do need be suspended for a while, In my school we had this great system called the 'Remove' this is where all the bullys ended up under a weekly report for several months, they were not allowed to interact with other kids and staff for a couple of months either. And if after this suspension they didn't change then eventually they got kicked out.

hi p1nk!

yeah bullying has this effect i guess... some guy in my class called avinash  used to be bullied.. ppl used to chant KU and bang the desk.. i was shocked that they would do this.. anyway, he never did well at school, and was pretty negative thruout his life. actualyl dropped out of his school and went somewhere else. i once bumped into him and he looked happy tht he was out of school

actually the college i go to has no bullies.. its quite peaceful, really.
Bullying is one of the most heinous crime against humanity. You may think it is just a "little matter" - but when you bully someone, you destroy his/her confidence. The victim ends up being nervous at every walk of his life.
Well in Singapore even Road Bullies are jailed. If you accidently hit someone's car and the owner of the accident vehicle assauts you it is a serious jailable offence plus a fine. Even for maid abuse many have been jailed.
But sometimes we do also come across "road idiots" who are a nuisance.
But in some parts of Malaysia especially Johore the road bullies get away with murder even as it is very chaotic there and the police is unable to do anything (some are part of the crime syndicates too)
Originally posted by debayon

I know that. But I was of the same same height 1 and a half months ago and I'm still the same height, it's obvious that I've stop growing, plus I'm short😭
I had a friend who was very short until he was about 16 and after that suddenly shot up in height.
So hang on and do not give up hope.😊
Originally posted by Summer3

Here is some advice from our MOD, RTH

Quote:

".......my anecdote was not about bullies. It was more to the former part of LJ's post that generically discussed unpleasant/nasty people. Agreed with you on dealing with bullies part.

To add to that, I don't think bullies ought to be hated. In fact they are probably the ones who need most sympathy. Psychological studies show that bullies are actually insecure people coming from unstable families/backgrounds. They use bullying as a means to cover their personal fears. They feel they have no likable qualities and force people to make them popular. Of course there are always exceptions.

The most important step definitely is to be strong and assertive. Show confidence in who you are, what you are, no matter what. Be proud of yourself. That is why I love the show Glee! It shows how a bunch of misfits can ignore all the prejudices and bullying and be strong together. Most cases of bullying can be resolved by assertiveness and self confidence.

The following is regarding extreme cases which are rarer, but significant still.

However, sometimes bullying does go out of hand. High school bullying, college hazing and other such stuff have started innocent and gone out of hand. People's lives have been ruined and people have died. When a bully is borderline sociopath or dangerous there is not much an ordinary person can do.

From watching L&O:SVU, one thing I have noticed is that in any environment communication is the key. Parents and teachers have to build a trusting relationship with students so that students communicate with them freely. Parents and teachers also need to gain faith and trust. From a young age they ought to tell students that they can communicate any problem without being judged.

Many bullying victims make a mistake (sex, drugs, alcohol or even something minor) and are bullied/blackmailed. Many bullying victims are emotionally bullied too so that they feel that whatever is going on is all their fault and no one will help them/they deserve to be hurt. So it is important to create environments where victims can speak up and feel safe.

Parents and teachers should also be informed to watch for strange behaviors and recognize bullying and nip it in the bud right away. Also informed to know when to alert authorities and when to get help for their children like counseling or enrolling them in a support program like big brother/big sister etc. "

I posted in this thread without even posting. 😆

All I would say, stop being a wuss

Sh*t like this happens in life, one just needs to learn how to handle bullying. Granted it is a bad thing, but that wont change the fact that it will happen. People who bully others do not change because their parents or someone tells them that bullying is bad.