Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 1:31am | IP Logged
It seems that bullying is a pretty serious problem in the States.
There is bullying everywhere and it is important for the parents to be aware of what is happening.
Kids should also open up to the parents as far as possible.

Bullied to death: They committed suicide because of bullying

Edited by Summer3 - 08 January 2010 at 1:32am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bullied to death: They committed suicide" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Here is some advice from our MOD, RTH

Quote:

".......my anecdote was not about bullies. It was more to the former part of LJ's post that generically discussed unpleasant/nasty people. Agreed with you on dealing with bullies part.

To add to that, I don't think bullies ought to be hated. In fact they are probably the ones who need most sympathy. Psychological studies show that bullies are actually insecure people coming from unstable families/backgrounds. They use bullying as a means to cover their personal fears. They feel they have no likable qualities and force people to make them popular. Of course there are always exceptions.

The most important step definitely is to be strong and assertive. Show confidence in who you are, what you are, no matter what. Be proud of yourself. That is why I love the show Glee! It shows how a bunch of misfits can ignore all the prejudices and bullying and be strong together. Most cases of bullying can be resolved by assertiveness and self confidence.

The following is regarding extreme cases which are rarer, but significant still.

However, sometimes bullying does go out of hand. High school bullying, college hazing and other such stuff have started innocent and gone out of hand. People's lives have been ruined and people have died. When a bully is borderline sociopath or dangerous there is not much an ordinary person can do.

From watching L&O:SVU, one thing I have noticed is that in any environment communication is the key. Parents and teachers have to build a trusting relationship with students so that students communicate with them freely. Parents and teachers also need to gain faith and trust. From a young age they ought to tell students that they can communicate any problem without being judged.

Many bullying victims make a mistake (sex, drugs, alcohol or even something minor) and are bullied/blackmailed. Many bullying victims are emotionally bullied too so that they feel that whatever is going on is all their fault and no one will help them/they deserve to be hurt. So it is important to create environments where victims can speak up and feel safe.

Parents and teachers should also be informed to watch for strange behaviors and recognize bullying and nip it in the bud right away. Also informed to know when to alert authorities and when to get help for their children like counseling or enrolling them in a support program like big brother/big sister etc. "

Edited by Summer3 - 08 January 2010 at 2:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.Jess.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged
I have never been bullied.

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Originally posted by debayon

<br><br>Really? your lucky! LOL<br><br>In UK too, every child gets bullied at some point in their life unless they are bullies themselves, but even the bullies have learnt how to bully from somewhere or someone. ! LOL<br><br>Yeah, i mentioned in the ''hatred'' thread you made that ive been a victim of bully when i was at school..but it was nothing major, they were jealous of me..and they still are!! back then, i scared and they succeeded in hurting me now i am too strong for them to hurt me again. They are still where i left them, hurting and bulling people...and people like myself have moved on in life for the better. <br><br>Xoxo<br>
No, I meant I haven't been bullied in US. But I certainly have been bullied in India. But then I was too small and couldn't fight for myself. So, I used to sit and cry in a corner. Actually, I think that the Indian teenagers get inspiredb by all these Disney shows like Zack and Cody and think they should do it because Americans do it.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:34am | IP Logged

Really? your lucky! LOL

In UK too, every child gets bullied at some point in their life unless they are bullies themselves, but even the bullies have learnt how to bully from somewhere or someone. ! LOL

Yeah, i mentioned in the ''hatred'' thread you made that ive been a victim of bully when i was at school..but it was nothing major, they were jealous of me..and they still are!! back then, i scared and they succeeded in hurting me now i am too strong for them to hurt me again. They are still where i left them, hurting and bulling people...and people like myself have moved on in life for the better.

Xoxo
How can anyone bully a sweet muffin like you ?
I am glad that you are fine now.Smile

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Really? your lucky! LOL

In UK too, every child gets bullied at some point in their life unless they are bullies themselves, but even the bullies have learnt how to bully from somewhere or someone. ! LOL

Yeah, i mentioned in the ''hatred'' thread you made that ive been a victim of bully when i was at school..but it was nothing major, they were jealous of me..and they still are!! back then, i scared and they succeeded in hurting me now i am too strong for them to hurt me again. They are still where i left them, hurting and bulling people...and people like myself have moved on in life for the better.

Xoxo
How can anyone bully a sweet muffin like you ?
I am glad that you are fine now.Smile
  ThanksBig smile Au contraire, how can anyone bully a devil incarnate like me? JKLOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:54am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=debayon]
  ThanksBig smile Au contraire, how can anyone bully a devil incarnate like me? JKLOL
Debayon don't you ever sleep? It must be 5 am there now?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Post Reply New Post

Go to top