Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)
Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

Rajeev's would be replacement:)

kaleidoscope Goldie
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 3:54am | IP Logged

"It would have been a big risk to take on Sujal's role…"

He hasn't made many heads turn, yet. But Pawan Shankar has left enough of a mark in the industry to get a call from Balaji Telefilms when Ekta was looking for a replacement for Rajeev Khandelwal. As Siddhanth, he is the restrained, dignified lawyer grappling with life's realities. In real life, Pawan is probably biding time till he gets a break on the big screen. Prashant Golecha caught the Allahabad born actor on the sets of Siddhanth for a brief chat.

How did acting happen and how did you manage the lead role in "Siddhanth"?
I left a regular job in Allahabad without telling my parents, came to Mumbai and Kishore Namit Kapoor's acting course. I did many ads, the most prestigious one being the Reid & Tailor one with Mr Bachchan. For the Siddhanth auditions, there was a tie in the final round of selection between me and another guy, but Anurradha Prasad of BAG Films was clear she wanted me in the show

Weren't you supposed to replace Rajeev Khandelwal in Kahiin To Hoga and the buzz is you asked for a very high price?
I was just thinking of deciding on the offer, as there was a gap of 10 episodes for Sujal to reappear, when Rajeev decided to stay in the show. Money was not an issue. It wasn't even discussed.

Do you think it would have been a good option to be a replacement for a popular actor?
It was a big risk. But then it is important to take risks in life. It was a big thing to receive a call from Balaji Telefilms as it meant recognition of my work. I like KTH as a serial, and have often told people about Sujal's role - "Role ho to aisa ho".

Don't you want to act in films?
Yes I do. I am making an appearance in Vinta Nanda's White Noise.

Are you married?
I got married to a girl last year, and yes, it is a love marriage. My wife is a fashion designer and belongs to Delhi.

Hard Rock Goldie
Hard Rock
Hard Rock

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 4:01am | IP Logged

Thx Choc............anything related to KTH and sujal always makes interesting reading material.............Smile

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:10am | IP Logged
thx choc...it was great he didn't replace Rajeev, he would've been a super flop substitute.....
mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 8:28am | IP Logged
thanx for the article..and yes gud that he didnt replace rajeev..coz no one can replace rajeev
phoenix Senior Member
phoenix
phoenix

IF Crorepati

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:25am | IP Logged

wrote by simplyvivacious:

thx choc...it was great he didn't replace Rajeev, he would've been a super flop substitute.....

yah i agree with u simlyvivacious

*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Thnks for the artical and yep it was good he didnt replce sujal
Fairuze Senior Member
Fairuze
Fairuze

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 9:51am | IP Logged
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
oh God...i just cant imagine Kashish ...with this man in ramantic scens ........lolzzzzzzzzzzz
wot do u say Choco?
where u hav been for so long?
sadaf18 Senior Member
sadaf18
sadaf18

Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:53am | IP Logged
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwDead how dare balaji films call up this monkey and suggest he replace rajeev. there is only one sujal we know, we watch and we love and that is the sujal played by rajeev. no one and i mean no one can play sujal better than rajeev coz as we all know HE IS THE BEST!!!!

Go to top