Multiple Voting in a poll should be discontinued.

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi ,
I have a request can we please discontinue the multiple polling option that we have in the forum. I see no use of that option. Members make a poll with Multiple voting enabled and then keep clicking on a single option again and again. Such polls are never accurate but only leads to fight between members about who is the best of the options mentioned. So its a request to please remove the Multiple Voting Option from the polls.

Instead we can have a Multiple Check box Option (The square boxes). That we can select more that 1 option in the given poll but only once and not again and again. Vijay please think about this !! 😃

So what's your opinion guys ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whoa.. thumbnail
dnt mind vid multiple votin option i actualy find it pretty gud..
bt multiple checkbox option iz amazin.. most of da tym v wan 2 vote 4 more den 1 option n it'l be gr8 2 hav diz option..!!!
hrkansagara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
it's True Dear I Also Fills The Same There Should Be Multiple Vote On One Time With Chack Box But Doing Multiple Vote By Clicking One Option For More And More Time Wil Get Increse The Inside Member Wars Inplace Of Fair Results To The Poll

By
Hardik Kansagra
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ishan.k

Hi ,
I have a request can we please discontinue the multiple polling option that we have in the forum. I see no use of that option. Members make a poll with Multiple voting enabled and then keep clicking on a single option again and again. Such polls are never accurate but only leads to fight between members about who is the best of the options mentioned. So its a request to please remove the Multiple Voting Option from the polls.

Instead we can have a Multiple Check box Option (The square boxes). That we can select more that 1 option in the given poll but only once and not again and again. Vijay please think about this !! 😃

So what's your opinion guys ?

ishan buddy i dnt get what u mean?
are u saying multiple voting as in members creating MIDs to vote again?

coz that is wrong and shud be stopped
hrkansagara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: baz786

ishan buddy i dnt get what u mean?
are u saying multiple voting as in members creating MIDs to vote again?

coz that is wrong and shud be stopped

No Dear Not Multiple IDs.
If You Remembers,There Whose A Option Named "Allow Multiple Votes in this Poll" While You Are On Page Of Creating New Polls. Ishan's Intansen Was To Say That If This will Allowed Then Some User Dids So many Votes To There Favorites And Result Wil Not Be Fair. So If Possible Then Stop And In Place Of Round Vote Button Give Square So Users Are Able To Vote For More Then One Option.

Eg. :
1) As Off Now
Poll : What Is Your Favorite Actress ?
Vote : 5% From Hardik_Kansagra To Amrita Rao

This Wil Say Unfair.
2)New  As Requested By Ishan.
Vote :
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Amrita Rao
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Ayesha Takia
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Rani Mukherji

With Square Select Box Done At Once And For All.

By
Hardik Kansagra.
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: hardik_kansagra

No Dear Not Multiple IDs.

If You Remembers,There Whose A Option Named "Allow Multiple Votes in this Poll" While You Are On Page Of Creating New Polls. Ishan's Intansen Was To Say That If This will Allowed Then Some User Dids So many Votes To There Favorites And Result Wil Not Be Fair. So If Possible Then Stop And In Place Of Round Vote Button Give Square So Users Are Able To Vote For More Then One Option.

Eg. :
1) As Off Now
Vote : 5% From Hardik_Kansagra To Amrita Rao

This Wil Say Unfair.
2)New  As Requested By Ishan.
Vote :
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Amrita Rao
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Ayesha Takia
1 Vote From Hardik_Kansagra To Rani Mukherji

With Square Select Box Done At Once And For All.

By
Hardik Kansagra.

oh okay thanks for explaining i didnt know that was possible
that shud be dissallowed in that case coz it makes results unfair

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Is this suggestion being looked upon ?? Even these days people make Multiple voting which spils the real meaning of voting !
beautiself thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeah only 1 ip address should b registered n no votes from that ip again.. For that system should b able to recognize the ip.. If something like that is made multiple voting n accounts will b controlled.. Like latest account from every ip should b valid n rest to b deleted or made guest..

There r many member registrations but hardly 1/3 also don't come online.. What's the use of inactive members who don't even remember there ids or worse use multiple voting to cause a arguement..