Debate Mansion

Can Deepika replace Bebo, Katrina, Priyanka? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 46

Page 1
Page   of 46
Page 3 Page 46

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can Deepika replace Bebo, Katrina, Priyanka? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by Summer3

Things were getting a bit boring.LOL
Here arguments and fights are allowed. In BS (Bollywood Section) they only talk love.LOL

Actually, I'm pretty sure they discuss BS in the bollywood section. LOL Plus love is overrated anyways, we go beyond love here. LOL
Sahi kaha Anju.LOL
yes love is overrated and glorified but fortunately it exists eventhough it may be in a milder or diluted form.
But I am fascinated with the love between a mother and a child and it is a sacred bond I think. God bless them always.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Summer3

Aamir's comments on Bebo

How would you rate Kareena Kapoor as your co-actor?

Kareena is a wonderful actress. I would unhesitatingly even go to the extent of saying that she is not only very good to look at, but also warm and friendly and spontaneous and fun to work with. Though I had earlier worked with Karisma Kapoor in 'Raja Hindustani', I think after working with her in '3 Idiots' I am a li'l pallier with Kareena. In fact, though I was busy with the promotional activities of my own film '3 Idiots', I keenly looked forward to watch 'Kurbaan' because I wanted her and Saif to do well, both personally as well as professionally.

I like the 3kisses in 3I..read/hear some other web/news that, Director take 14eeen retakes!!!ConfusedCry wow...Aamir I hate u .LOLbut she is good, I feel Kareena's acting more natrual than Deepika....Smile
Yes Kareena acts pretty good and she has some of the moves, Deepika ranks ahead in looks I guess.
But yes Deepika has some way to go.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

@ WA: Have you watched Dev, Omkara, and Chameli? I don't think it's right to form opinions based on her watching K3G - I won't lie; I literally felt like strangling Poo there. LOL

Nah, actually I haven't seen any of those - but like I said, she's improved oodles with her acting. Totally impressed me in recent times, its been a long journey from K3G to movies like Jab We Met and Kurbaan. LOL All the movies at the beginning of her career, where she is paired with Hrithik make me gag. Don't know what those people were thinking taking her up back then. But if you notice, as soon as actresses realize that the glamor image isn't necessary or enough for their career, and try roles that that they wouldn't normally do - ie like in Chameli, Omkara- they are able to actually focus on their character rather than just their overall celebrity image.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl_2007

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 January 2010 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

@ WA: Have you watched Dev, Omkara, and Chameli? I don't think it's right to form opinions based on her watching K3G - I won't lie; I literally felt like strangling Poo there. LOL

Nah, actually I haven't seen any of those - but like I said, she's improved oodles with her acting. Totally impressed me in recent times, its been a long journey from K3G to movies like Jab We Met and Kurbaan. LOL All the movies at the beginning of her career, where she is paired with Hrithik make me gag. Don't know what those people were thinking taking her up back then. But if you notice, as soon as actresses realize that the glamor image isn't necessary or enough for their career, and try roles that that they wouldn't normally do - ie like in Chameli, Omkara- they are able to actually focus on their character rather than just their overall celebrity image.

plus kareena isnt that glamorous Tongue tries to be tho
But she has the Family Tradition and History and connections to get the break.
Whereas several good actress have been side lined or given lesser roles.
Even Sush has almost disappeared.
I think getting a chance with some High Budget Movies and well established Actors helps a lot.
So a fling with the "Big" Khans helps.

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 11:21am | IP Logged
I don't think so. I really like Deepika's roles because there is nothing to dislike about them. But there is nothing I could find that ever made me say " wah!! this is what an actress should be"

I don't like the way Kareena looks. And most of the time I don't like her movies. But I admire her for every single role she has picked up. She played the character of Pooja in K3G really well but she has also played simple roles like DEV and OMKARA. She has also played a whore in CHAMELI. I feel that's a huge step for any actress. Actors and actresses are suppose to be blank slates, they should become whatever character they play. Most actors/ess don't bother to experiment.

At the moment Deepika could never replace Kareena in my eyes.

Many other good actresses (Sush, Tabu, koko) have been sidelined that is true. But Bollywood has a lot to do with connections, luck, picking up the right project and the biggest baap of all the audience. Most of the audience would rather dance to the blockbuster hit songs than watch a decent movie to appreciate the actor's talent.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunandshine

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top