Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Believe

I like the 3kisses in 3I..read/hear some other web/news that, Director take 14eeen retakes!!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜­ wow...Aamir I hate u .πŸ˜†but she is good, I feel Kareena's acting more natrual than Deepika....😊

Yes Kareena acts pretty good and she has some of the moves, Deepika ranks ahead in looks I guess.
But yes Deepika has some way to go.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

@ WA: Have you watched Dev, Omkara, and Chameli? I don't think it's right to form opinions based on her watching K3G - I won't lie; I literally felt like strangling Poo there. πŸ˜†

Nah, actually I haven't seen any of those - but like I said, she's improved oodles with her acting. Totally impressed me in recent times, its been a long journey from K3G to movies like Jab We Met and Kurbaan. πŸ˜† All the movies at the beginning of her career, where she is paired with Hrithik make me gag. Don't know what those people were thinking taking her up back then. But if you notice, as soon as actresses realize that the glamor image isn't necessary or enough for their career, and try roles that that they wouldn't normally do - ie like in Chameli, Omkara- they are able to actually focus on their character rather than just their overall celebrity image.
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Nah, actually I haven't seen any of those - but like I said, she's improved oodles with her acting. Totally impressed me in recent times, its been a long journey from K3G to movies like Jab We Met and Kurbaan. πŸ˜† All the movies at the beginning of her career, where she is paired with Hrithik make me gag. Don't know what those people were thinking taking her up back then. But if you notice, as soon as actresses realize that the glamor image isn't necessary or enough for their career, and try roles that that they wouldn't normally do - ie like in Chameli, Omkara- they are able to actually focus on their character rather than just their overall celebrity image.

plus kareena isnt that glamorous πŸ˜› tries to be tho
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

plus kareena isnt that glamorous πŸ˜› tries to be tho

But she has the Family Tradition and History and connections to get the break.
Whereas several good actress have been side lined or given lesser roles.
Even Sush has almost disappeared.
I think getting a chance with some High Budget Movies and well established Actors helps a lot.
So a fling with the "Big" Khans helps.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I don't think so. I really like Deepika's roles because there is nothing to dislike about them. But there is nothing I could find that ever made me say " wah!! this is what an actress should be"

I don't like the way Kareena looks. And most of the time I don't like her movies. But I admire her for every single role she has picked up. She played the character of Pooja in K3G really well but she has also played simple roles like DEV and OMKARA. She has also played a whore in CHAMELI. I feel that's a huge step for any actress. Actors and actresses are suppose to be blank slates, they should become whatever character they play. Most actors/ess don't bother to experiment.

At the moment Deepika could never replace Kareena in my eyes.

Many other good actresses (Sush, Tabu, koko) have been sidelined that is true. But Bollywood has a lot to do with connections, luck, picking up the right project and the biggest baap of all the audience. Most of the audience would rather dance to the blockbuster hit songs than watch a decent movie to appreciate the actor's talent.

I was so surprised when liked Karina in 3 Idiots. 
gumsum thumbnail
Deeps can't replace Bebo. Bebo is just too goodπŸ˜ƒ
I'm loving these new threads, i.e this one, Ram Kapoor as Host?, Chicken or the Egg?, Teenagers on IF.... what's next?, how many times does Amitabh take a dump during the day?

Back on topic.... Deepika can't act, and Kareena has only started showing some improvement in the last few years.
gumsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: Emptiness

I'm loving these new threads, i.e this one, Ram Kapoor as Host?, Chicken or the Egg?, Teenagers on IF.... what's next?, how many times does Amitabh take a dump during the day?

Back on topic.... Deepika can't act, and Kareena has only started showing some improvement in the last few years.

Oh really? Was she not good in Jab we met, chameli, Ashoka, Refugee ? In K3G she over-acted but that was as per the role.
Originally posted by: Believe

I like the 3kisses in 3I..read/hear some other web/news that, Director take 14eeen retakes!!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜­ wow...Aamir I hate u .πŸ˜†but she is good, I feel Kareena's acting more natrual than Deepika....😊

Inta mukh fee kateer ya,uncleπŸ˜ƒ
I second you on boldπŸ‘
@Topic:Well do they even have a competition?πŸ˜•
Not coz i'm a bebo fan if the comparision was b/w Bebo and Rani or any better actress than Bebo i'd have chosen anyone over Bebo but Deepika?πŸ˜•
Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago