Debate Mansion

The Indian counting system - confusing..? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by Meena1

I'm a hindu, and I still say that's a bunch of crap....mankind didn't have a religion in the beginning...religion is really a belief and not a certainty. It's based on fiction and myths and folklore, not facts. There's no evidence of a Supreme Being existing. And then came iin the Scientologists...........I was laughing for a whole hour afer reading about their beliefs, my mom had to slap me left and right to calm me down.

seriously.. all that stuff gives you a good laugh..LOLLOL..  its really far-fetched..

I am a Hindu.. i follow Hinduism..Tongue
Well, you're an Indian-American, right? So, this religion stuff shouldn't mean anything to you. I just laugh my head off when I see those foreigners wearing sharwanis and talking in Hindi at the Iskcon Center.

So religions like Hinduism should only be limited to India?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Indian counting system - confusing..? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sunandshine

IF-Sizzlerz

sunandshine

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

I'm a hindu, and I still say that's a bunch of crap....mankind didn't have a religion in the beginning...religion is really a belief and not a certainty. It's based on fiction and myths and folklore, not facts. There's no evidence of a Supreme Being existing. And then came iin the Scientologists...........I was laughing for a whole hour afer reading about their beliefs, my mom had to slap me left and right to calm me down.

seriously.. all that stuff gives you a good laugh..LOLLOL..  its really far-fetched..

I am a Hindu.. i follow Hinduism..Tongue
Well, you're an Indian-American, right? So, this religion stuff shouldn't mean anything to you. I just laugh my head off when I see those foreigners wearing sharwanis and talking in Hindi at the Iskcon Center.

Correct me if I am wrongEmbarrassed You mean to say religion does not matter to Indian-Americans??
I have a Polish friend, who wears Sherwanis and also speaks Hindi and watches Hindi movies with us (of course with subtitles). Religion has nothing to do with anything. One does what they believe in and what makes them happy.

Edited by sunandshine - 04 January 2010 at 9:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1MithiBani

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Aajkal indians ke khilaaf koi saajish chali hai kya?
First - why they make corny jokes, now why is their counting system confusing? LOL

anyone else find the indian currency system a bit confusing.. i always thought a lakh was a million.. found it recently that its only a 100k..Ouch.. and that a crore is infact a million..

Why is it like that..?  Why dont they just equate the lakhs to a million.. or just eliminate it altogether.. wouldn't it be easier to just count in thousands.. 100 thousand and stuff..
Aww Meena ji- that is so sad na ! LOL
There's nothing wrong with the indian system, nor with any other system - problem sirf tab aati hai jab log apne cousins ko maths sikhana start karte hain aur wo cousins doosre desh se hote hain. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sunandshineMeena1MithiBani

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunandshine

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

Aww Meena ji- that is so sad na ! LOL..then why are you lauhging..Ouch..LOLLOLLOL
i love comedy in tragedy--though this is no tragedy , only fulltoo comedy.LOL
..a little 7 year old telling me i dont know my numbers got to me..Ouch..LOL
Hehe - i can understand that feeling. When my really small bro used to make such judgements and pass them onto me- uski dhulai karne ka mann hota tha. LOL
Anyways, thanks to your little cousin, we have an interesting debate out here.LOL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
I finally understood what a lakh is, now I won't have to rack my brains over it any longer. Thanks for the topic Meena! LOL

P.S. If you live in the US, everything's confusing once you step out. ;)

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 January 2010 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Forget jet lag. When I go to India, I am more confused that everything is going the wrong way and almost kill myself. I was so lost that my friend would hold my hand to make me cross the road.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 05 January 2010 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Forget jet lag. When I go to India, I am more confused that everything is going the wrong way and almost kill myself. I was so lost that my friend would hold my hand to make me cross the road.

You know some NRI's,Vada pav liya tho bi give Master card /Visa card deta hey!!  some people tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far as possible (but deep down the heart multiplies by 43 times).Wink..that much confuse ho jate hey....kya karee...Duniya hey duniya.....WinkTongueBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top